Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm putting this in the Arts forum because making gifts is more of an art...and I'm looking for ideas of Christmas gifts to make. I'm tired of the same old hats and scarves and am hoping for something quick like those but unique. Also I'd like ideas that people would want to actually receive and might use.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm putting this in the Arts forum because making gifts is more of an art...and I'm looking for ideas of Christmas gifts to make. I'm tired of the same old hats and scarves and am hoping for something quick like those but unique. Also I'd like ideas that people would want to actually receive and might use.

What sort of crafty skills do you have? I've recently been learning to make picture frames, but to turn them out reasonably quickly you need a few tools. There are all sorts of things you can make from wood, if you've got the tools, the skills (not all that hard to acquire) and the space to do it. Truth be told you don't even need a whole lot of space.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What sort of crafty skills do you have? I've recently been learning to make picture frames, but to turn them out reasonably quickly you need a few tools. There are all sorts of things you can make from wood, if you've got the tools, the skills (not all that hard to acquire) and the space to do it. Truth be told you don't even need a whole lot of space.

My daughter is the woodworker in the family. I'm more into knitting, crocheting, needlepoint and cross stitch.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am into quilting. I have used some of my fabrics to make potholders and coasters in the past. You could make a set and add placemats if you want.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter is the woodworker in the family. I'm more into knitting, crocheting, needlepoint and cross stitch.

Perhaps combine skills? Have her cut a nice square of wood and drill lots of holes into it in a neat pattern, then use that as a base for cross stitching with a nice thick thread :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have seen some very beautiful needlework I am sure many would love things like that

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am into quilting. I have used some of my fabrics to make potholders and coasters in the past. You could make a set and add placemats if you want.

Actually I'd love to make my own potholders because my favorite set are falling apart and I don't like how thin the ones at the stores are these days.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My grandmother use to make ZILLIONS of Christmas cookies (of every variety), put them in beautiful Christmasy tins, and gave them as gifts. Her house was a cookie factory for awhile. She's making cookies in heaven now.

She told me once that during the Vietnam war, you could just mail stuff like that to "troops in Vietnam" (no postage!) and it would be delivered to troops in Vietnam (boy did 9/11 change everything). Anyway, she made rum balls with LOTS and LOTS of rum in them. Guys wrote her back with lots of thank you letters....

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Actually I'd love to make my own potholders because my favorite set are falling apart and I don't like how thin the ones at the stores are these days.

Seems the store bought pot holders are so thin they are great for holding pots, as long as the pots are at more or less room temperature. You know, the ones you don't need to hold with pot holders. I remember you mentioned a local Amish stand in another post somewhere so, depending on who the gifts are for and how local they are, you may be able to buy something very good for remarkably little money from an Amish family. My wife has a couple of pot holders that came from an Amish lady that she didn't even pay for - we'd bought a few things from the family as they were closing up shop, my wife commented on the pot holders and the lady just gave them to her. I think they were older stock that she wanted to be rid of to make space for newer stock, but it worked just fine for us.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

If you're stuck for ideas for a Christmas present for me, one of these would be much appreciated:

new-2018-maserati-granturismo_convertible-mc47l-9577-17509634-1-1024.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Those are like 2 inches in toy version right?

If you're stuck for ideas for a Christmas present for me, one of these would be much appreciated:

new-2018-maserati-granturismo_convertible-mc47l-9577-17509634-1-1024.jpg

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Those are like 2 inches in toy version right?

I must admit I prefer the option big enough to sit in, and with the fully functional V8 engine :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I must admit I prefer the option big enough to sit in, and with the fully functional V8 engine :)

We need to ask Romanos for a raise in my pay for that LOL

Top Bottom