Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was just wonder what your preference is when you travel whether to say at a bed and breakfast, motel/hotel chain, camping or RV or something else?

I don't often go anywhere but we have only stayed at a bed and breakfast I think two times in the last twenty years. One time it was for an interview and someone else was paying.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Typically when travel within the country it’s to see family so we stay with them but out of the country it’s a hotel unless it’s Mexico then it’s a resort.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
It depends on the location, the reason, and how many people. Lately a group of us have been renting houses and condos when we go on a trip together. If I vacation alone or with just another person, it's a boutique hotel. If I travel for business, it's one of the major hotels in the city. If I'm stopping just for the night (i.e. road trip) I stop at a chain hotel/motel (breakfast included). I owned an RV for several years and enjoyed it, but now if I want that RV experience I rent one for the trip.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was just wonder what your preference is when you travel whether to say at a bed and breakfast, motel/hotel chain, camping or RV or something else?

I don't often go anywhere but we have only stayed at a bed and breakfast I think two times in the last twenty years. One time it was for an interview and someone else was paying.

If there's a particular hotel I like I'll choose that. Usually I prefer to stay somewhere that's locally owned and operated. I like places that are a little bit quirky, rather than the faceless uniformity of a lot of chains.

That said, one particular place I like to visit has a Best Western that I seek out. The staff are friendly and a lot of the rooms have really good views. There's a hotel across the road that's a bit cheaper but you miss out on the views, so I'd rather pay a little more to be able to sit out on the balcony enjoying the view.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I normally stay at a Holiday Inn Express. They usually have the free breakfast included and I've never come across a filthy location yet so I trust that the quality is always good when I make my reservation.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I normally stay at a Holiday Inn Express. They usually have the free breakfast included and I've never come across a filthy location yet so I trust that the quality is always good when I make my reservation.

I find that if the hotel is newer or refurbished most chains are similar to me. Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn Ex, Hilton Garden, I sort of like Courtyard by Marriott. Also if the location warrants the bigger hotel, they have bigger breakfast areas and more amenities. Not that I use them, except for breakfast... it's usually a one night stay for me.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A lot of the mainstream chains seem to offer a "free breakfast" but what they actually offer leaves much to be desired. I can't say I'm hugely impressed with a waffle grill, a few self-serve containers of horribly greasy bacon and sausage patties, scrambled egg that obviously came from a packet, and enough sugary syrup to drown everyone in the hotel.

It's been a while since I stayed in a Marriott hotel but their breakfasts were impressive. Sadly they had price tags to match.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A lot of the mainstream chains seem to offer a "free breakfast" but what they actually offer leaves much to be desired. I can't say I'm hugely impressed with a waffle grill, a few self-serve containers of horribly greasy bacon and sausage patties, scrambled egg that obviously came from a packet, and enough sugary syrup to drown everyone in the hotel.

It's been a while since I stayed in a Marriott hotel but their breakfasts were impressive. Sadly they had price tags to match.

Of course, because nothing is really free

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Of course, because nothing is really free

True, even the "free breakfast" is included in the price.

One evening at a Marriott in Canada I met a couple of friends. I'd booked a package there that included C$75 towards dinner one evening. I think we'd used that up before we even got to the main courses. That was a good evening.

Top Bottom