CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      32.91%

Controlling the mind which plays trick

I am a Single guy and do get non-sense ideas when a girl smiles at me. My mind will start thinking the girl likes me and she is interested in me. Sometime the name of the girl keeps playing in my mind. In reality they don't know me or care about me. But my mind keeps bombarding with these thoughts. I understand it can be due to Lust also.

How to overcome these thoughts and treat them as my friend and sisters

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (507,327 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.68%
      That's a tough one. Do you talk to those girls or just smile?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Tigger is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      56.11%
      That’s not all that uncommon. I’m a bit of an introvert and when I was single I had similar experiences. It’s normal to want companionship. Usually once you’re actively intermingling with females in social situations regularly that should tend to diminish.

4. Likes RichWh1 liked this post
      Pray RichWh1 prayed
      tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (28,328,227 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      19.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
      I am a Single guy and do get non-sense ideas when a girl smiles at me. My mind will start thinking the girl likes me and she is interested in me. Sometime the name of the girl keeps playing in my mind. In reality they don't know me or care about me. But my mind keeps bombarding with these thoughts. I understand it can be due to Lust also.

How to overcome these thoughts and treat them as my friend and sisters
      Are you talking about a girl you know in a social or professional sense, or something more like when a girl just happens to pass by and smiles at you?

It's perfectly natural for a guy to feel good when a girl (especially a girl you find attractive) smiles at you. Sometimes it doesn't mean anything. Sometimes it means she likes you. Maybe she would like to know you better..

As for your feelings about it, they are normal. If a pretty girl smiles at you and you think "hey, she's kinda cute" and smile back, there's nothing wrong with that. If you wonder whether she might be interested in getting to know you better, there's nothing wrong with that. If you get talking with her and end up dating her, there's nothing wrong with that. If you go away and spend hours fantasising about her, mentally undressing her and the like, that's not good. If you find yourself doing that your best bet is to try and think about something else. To simply "stop thinking about it" often doesn't work but if you take the specific step of thinking about something else you can often push the less helpful thoughts out of your mind.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Jason is offline Apprentice Member
      Mood:
      Meh

Country
      India
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      32.91%
      Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
      That’s not all that uncommon. I’m a bit of an introvert and when I was single I had similar experiences. It’s normal to want companionship. Usually once you’re actively intermingling with females in social situations regularly that should tend to diminish.
      I think mingling with female colleague is the problem i have. I don't want to be bothered or disturbed so i just move on in social situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      That's a tough one. Do you talk to those girls or just smile?
      I don't talk or smile to those girls, i just ignore them and move.

@tango i am talking in professional sense. Whenever i get non-sense thought i am trying to divert my mind by singing a song or recalling some funny incident in my life but still fail. I hope i take the advice given here and see how it turns out.

Valued Contributor
      Married

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (28,328,227 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      19.22%
      @tango i am talking in professional sense. Whenever i get non-sense thought i am trying to divert my mind by singing a song or recalling some funny incident in my life but still fail. I hope i take the advice given here and see how it turns out.
      In a professional setting it may be that the girl in question likes you - it's far from rare for people to meet their long-term partner in a work situation. Let's face it, many people spend most of their waking hours at work so it's hardly a surprise that relationships form and flourish.

Of course it may be simply that the girl is being friendly in a professional context. I used to work with a few ladies who I quite liked and who liked me, in a platonic professional sense. Sometimes we'd chat at the water cooler about things in general. There was nothing sexual in those encounters at all, we were work colleagues who got on well and who happened to be of different genders.

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Jason is offline Apprentice Member
      Mood:
      Meh

Country
      India
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      32.91%
      I don't want to be loved by the opposite sex, just don't want to be bothered by them. For the past few days i am fine and i think if i continue this i will over come this non-sense soon.

Valued Contributor
      Married

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (28,328,227 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      19.22%
      I don't want to be loved by the opposite sex, just don't want to be bothered by them. For the past few days i am fine and i think if i continue this i will over come this non-sense soon.
      If you're not interested in a relationship, just be professional towards these ladies and ignore anything else.