Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you have any goals of things you want to do or accomplish? do you write them down?

Some years I have a reading goal of how many books I want to read. I think I did 39 one year
Some years I try to read all the way through the Bible. I have done that several times.
Other years I wanted to run a specific event or a 5k or 10k. I have done both distances several times

What goals do you have now? I would like to run something farther than a 10k but right now just trying to consistently run and get in better shape

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had a goal of doing 20,000 steps 3 days a week this summer but my knees said NO to that so I don't want to hurt my body to meet a goal. I have to come up with a new goal now.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had a goal of doing 20,000 steps 3 days a week this summer but my knees said NO to that so I don't want to hurt my body to meet a goal. I have to come up with a new goal now.

The Samsung health app I have has 6,000 steps as a goal or an hour of activity. I usually get there about half of the time

I also want an A1C goal of 6.5 for my diabetes. I believe if it were done today I would be in the 7's.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Samsung health app I have has 6,000 steps as a goal or an hour of activity. I usually get there about half of the time

I also want an A1C goal of 6.5 for my diabetes. I believe if it were done today I would be in the 7's.

I've been aiming for 10,000 to 12,000 steps a day and meeting it with the rare exceptions of when I am stuck in a car traveling. Yesterday I did over 13,000 steps without even trying because I just went out and walked without struggling to get the last steps in. It's easier when the weather is nice so I can get outside. Even walking around my yard gets me a lot of steps because we have an acre so working on the landscaping and weeding brings in steps.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Lamm, exercise and weight loss will help considerably when I get down to 180 I dont have diabetes anymore but i dont control what i eat. I take a medication called Pioglitazone and it has controlled my A1C no matter what I eat.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Lamm, exercise and weight loss will help considerably when I get down to 180 I dont have diabetes anymore but i dont control what i eat. I take a medication called Pioglitazone and it has controlled my A1C no matter what I eat.

It takes a lot of discipline to get a healthy eating routine going. If you have your favorite foods and then find that you need to deny yourself it can be rough on the body as well as the brain.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
My goal is to eat all the fresh fruit I can get my hands on this summer. I love in-season vine/tree-ripened fruit and can't get enough of it. This is a good year for sweet fruit!

I have a bucket list. I'm not sure where it is, but every decade or so I find it, cross off things I've done, and then add more. Each time I re-do it, I return it to a list of 100 items. That's a long list of goals. :)

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I feel sort of sad, I don’t have any goals other than a system of getting things done. They are projects, and my system is the project I’m currently on takes most of my time and focus, I do have the next project on the list but I don’t think about it much. After I finish my current project, I move on to the next and add another project. I’m not sure if those are called goals in the original post’s sense.

I didn’t have a bucket list until recently. But mine is a little different, I add to my bucket list as I do things. Mainly because I didn’t know I wanted to do something until I did it. Like a few years ago I saw a night-time launch of a satellite from Cape Canaveral, FL. I added it to my bucket list because it was so impressive that it deserved to be on a bucket list. I flew 1st Class in the sleeping pods to Buenos Aires, I didn’t know I wanted to do that, until I did it. So I added it to my bucket list. I rode my motorcycle across America, at the time… it wasn’t on my bucket list, until it happened. So I added it.

Today, I have nothing on my bucket list. Nothing that I want to do other than finish my next project. But if I do something cool, I’ll add it to my bucket.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My goal is to eat all the fresh fruit I can get my hands on this summer. I love in-season vine/tree-ripened fruit and can't get enough of it. This is a good year for sweet fruit!

I have a bucket list. I'm not sure where it is, but every decade or so I find it, cross off things I've done, and then add more. Each time I re-do it, I return it to a list of 100 items. That's a long list of goals. :)

that is a really long list. I don't have one of those. My goals are more immediate related to health issues

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
jsimms, you could make a list of short term health goals, and a long-term list of things you want out of life before you move on to the next. I revised my list when I had my son, and some of the things on my list were so small, like jumping around in mud puddles with him when he was 3 or 4, but there were also big things on the list, like earning a degree and going along the Oregon coast by boat and then drive home. The one thing on my list that never changes is to die without regrets.

If we are talking more short term goals, I have a weight loss goal - one of them is within reach in the next week or two. One of them won't be reached for a couple of month. I have an educational goal to earn a master's degree and expect that will be completed in two years (or so).

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I reached one of my goals today of running more than 30 minutes straight. I went for 34 minutes. First time in a while I have done that.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I reached one of my goals today of running more than 30 minutes straight. I went for 34 minutes. First time in a while I have done that.

Congratulations, jsimms! Oh, what I wouldn't give to run again! That must feel so great to reach your goal!

I met my goal last night, too! January 30 I joined Weight Watchers and I got my 50-lb pin! I lost 50 lbs! I feel so fantastic, not to mention proud of my pin. All smiles today!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To be a godly, God-pleasing husband and father, Christian and citizen, businessman. While I KNOW I'll enter heaven PURELY by His mercy and grace, because I'm washed clean by the Blood of the Lamb, I also have a goal of hearing: "Well done, good and faithful servant." It is a GOAL... I'm not saying I'm "there" or ever will be, "but I press on to make it my own" to quote another sinner, St. Paul.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
My goals are some travel related things. Still being relatively new to Canada (eight years) I'd love to see some of the far away reaches - Yukon or Northwest Territories. I'd love to just see the beauty and 'remote-ness' of it all. Preferably I'd like to find an Indigenous guided tour of some sort when I go. An Alaskan cruise is also on the table.

I'd also been on a trip years ago - when I was 21 or so - out east to Maine and Nova Scotia. That one truly is a "bucket list" item. I'd failed to appreciate the true beauty of it back then for reasons I won't get into. This time will be different.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Congratulations, jsimms! Oh, what I wouldn't give to run again! That must feel so great to reach your goal!

I met my goal last night, too! January 30 I joined Weight Watchers and I got my 50-lb pin! I lost 50 lbs! I feel so fantastic, not to mention proud of my pin. All smiles today!

Great achievement

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Wished I earned my degree and got a job either with the NFL or some kind of football related or be a journalist

Other than that I realize things happen on God's great timing.

Hope to visit France, go to a Super Bowl, get a self drive car, and have the family live in a big house under one big roof when my nephews and nieces raise their children and they get older.

Top Bottom