• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Life & Relationships - Thread: what are your goals?

jsimms435 is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      0.73%

what are your goals?

Do you have any goals of things you want to do or accomplish? do you write them down?

Some years I have a reading goal of how many books I want to read. I think I did 39 one year
      Some years I try to read all the way through the Bible. I have done that several times.
      Other years I wanted to run a specific event or a 5k or 10k. I have done both distances several times

What goals do you have now? I would like to run something farther than a 10k but right now just trying to consistently run and get in better shape

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (363,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.08%
      I had a goal of doing 20,000 steps 3 days a week this summer but my knees said NO to that so I don't want to hurt my body to meet a goal. I have to come up with a new goal now.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      0.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      I had a goal of doing 20,000 steps 3 days a week this summer but my knees said NO to that so I don't want to hurt my body to meet a goal. I have to come up with a new goal now.
      The Samsung health app I have has 6,000 steps as a goal or an hour of activity. I usually get there about half of the time

I also want an A1C goal of 6.5 for my diabetes. I believe if it were done today I would be in the 7's.

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (363,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.08%
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      The Samsung health app I have has 6,000 steps as a goal or an hour of activity. I usually get there about half of the time

I also want an A1C goal of 6.5 for my diabetes. I believe if it were done today I would be in the 7's.
      I've been aiming for 10,000 to 12,000 steps a day and meeting it with the rare exceptions of when I am stuck in a car traveling. Yesterday I did over 13,000 steps without even trying because I just went out and walked without struggling to get the last steps in. It's easier when the weather is nice so I can get outside. Even walking around my yard gets me a lot of steps because we have an acre so working on the landscaping and weeding brings in steps.
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (4,710,292 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      12.19%
      Lamm, exercise and weight loss will help considerably when I get down to 180 I dont have diabetes anymore but i dont control what i eat. I take a medication called Pioglitazone and it has controlled my A1C no matter what I eat.
      Isaiah 40:31

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (363,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.08%
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      Lamm, exercise and weight loss will help considerably when I get down to 180 I dont have diabetes anymore but i dont control what i eat. I take a medication called Pioglitazone and it has controlled my A1C no matter what I eat.
      It takes a lot of discipline to get a healthy eating routine going. If you have your favorite foods and then find that you need to deny yourself it can be rough on the body as well as the brain.

ValleyGal is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      17.47%
      My goal is to eat all the fresh fruit I can get my hands on this summer. I love in-season vine/tree-ripened fruit and can't get enough of it. This is a good year for sweet fruit!

I have a bucket list. I'm not sure where it is, but every decade or so I find it, cross off things I've done, and then add more. Each time I re-do it, I return it to a list of 100 items. That's a long list of goals.

8. Likes psalms 91 liked this post
      vince284 is online now Apprentice Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      16.21%
      I feel sort of sad, I don’t have any goals other than a system of getting things done. They are projects, and my system is the project I’m currently on takes most of my time and focus, I do have the next project on the list but I don’t think about it much. After I finish my current project, I move on to the next and add another project. I’m not sure if those are called goals in the original post’s sense.

I didn’t have a bucket list until recently. But mine is a little different, I add to my bucket list as I do things. Mainly because I didn’t know I wanted to do something until I did it. Like a few years ago I saw a night-time launch of a satellite from Cape Canaveral, FL. I added it to my bucket list because it was so impressive that it deserved to be on a bucket list. I flew 1st Class in the sleeping pods to Buenos Aires, I didn’t know I wanted to do that, until I did it. So I added it to my bucket list. I rode my motorcycle across America, at the time… it wasn’t on my bucket list, until it happened. So I added it.

Today, I have nothing on my bucket list. Nothing that I want to do other than finish my next project. But if I do something cool, I’ll add it to my bucket.

Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      0.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by ValleyGal View Post
      My goal is to eat all the fresh fruit I can get my hands on this summer. I love in-season vine/tree-ripened fruit and can't get enough of it. This is a good year for sweet fruit!

I have a bucket list. I'm not sure where it is, but every decade or so I find it, cross off things I've done, and then add more. Each time I re-do it, I return it to a list of 100 items. That's a long list of goals.
      that is a really long list. I don't have one of those. My goals are more immediate related to health issues

ValleyGal is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      17.47%
      jsimms, you could make a list of short term health goals, and a long-term list of things you want out of life before you move on to the next. I revised my list when I had my son, and some of the things on my list were so small, like jumping around in mud puddles with him when he was 3 or 4, but there were also big things on the list, like earning a degree and going along the Oregon coast by boat and then drive home. The one thing on my list that never changes is to die without regrets.

If we are talking more short term goals, I have a weight loss goal - one of them is within reach in the next week or two. One of them won't be reached for a couple of month. I have an educational goal to earn a master's degree and expect that will be completed in two years (or so).