Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Most people aren't aware of this. Also, they aren't aware how so many of them hate the US's guts - viewing them as a colonial power. Anyhow, it all boils down to this conservative-liberal argument that has been going on for ages. It's about the fact conservatives don't really trust people. In other words, they don't really trust South Koreans with the bomb - just like they don't really trust middle-eastern people. In the past, they didn't really trust African-Americans (hence segregation).

However, though, in the human rights sphere, South Koreans, among other Asians and world people, are not that progressive either. They hold attitudes that people held in the United States before the 1960s.

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
what are you basing these opinions on? Have you lived there? visited there?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I may not understand the OP but South Korea can have weapons of mass destruction if they want them. They have an active nuclear program as 30 or 40 other countries. There maybe more, I don’t want to do any research on it. I believe they are part of the NPT and have on their own signed the treaty, as almost 200 other countries. In North America, USA, Canada and Mexico have nuclear power, but Canada and Mexico said they would not develop nuclear weapons, but they can.

As far as South Korea hating our guts, I think you’re just hearing/reading the rhetoric of the younger more militant and louder groups. As far as I know, and I know several Americans that were stationed in South Korea they are treated very well by older Koreans. They send their kids to America to study, why would anyone send their children to a place they hate?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
never got an answer to my question?

Top Bottom