PROVERBS 30

“Three things are stately in their stride,
even four are stately in their walk:
30 a lion, which is mightiest among beasts
and doesn’t retreat before anything,
31 a strutting rooster, a goat,
and a king at the head of his army.”

Prov 30:29-31

Amen. Dear saints, reading through today's Proverb, I see the Lord Jesus in each of these mentioned here in this portion of Proverb 30.

We know from the Book of Revelation that Jesus is the Lion -

“Behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals.” (Rev 5:5). He indeed was the “mightiest”, the only one who was worthy to “open the scroll and look into it.”

Our Lord came once as a Lamb. He is returning as a Lion. And with Him will be that faithful remnant, the body of Christ, His brethren. Together, they will administer God’s Judgment upon sin and the wicked. And they shall not “retreat before anything” this world can muster against them, but rather the enemies of God shall suffer eternal defeat.

“And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the nations,
in the midst of many peoples,
like a lion among the beasts of the forest,
like a young lion among the flocks of sheep,
which, when it goes through, treads down
and tears in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
9 Your hand shall be lifted up over your adversaries,
and all your enemies shall be cut off.”

- Micah 5:8-9

Verse 31 starts off with “a strutting rooster”, or “cock”, or a “greyhound” as other versions translate. The Hebrew literally means here "one with loins girded", speaking of one who has swiftness and strength in their loins. Well, I believe the Lord would tell us it speaks of the One who is Truth. In Ephesians we are exhorted to “Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth” (Eph 6:14), and we know that Jesus IS that Truth. (John 14:6)

“The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.”

- Psalm 93:1

The Proverb says these are “stately in their walk.” Next we have “a goat.” Here I see our Savior Jesus as well, for He was sin offering for us, as we read in Romans 8:3. In the Old Testament, a goat was sacrificed to atone for the sins of the people.

“Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering, which is for the people, bring its blood inside the veil… and sprinkle it on the mercy seat and before the mercy seat.” (Lev 16:15)

Whereas the goat was sacrificed yearly for an atonement, “Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.” (Heb 9:28a). But He rose to walk again, to die no more, and as the second half of the verse here in Hebrews declares – “To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.” (Heb 9:28b).

Friends, He is returning to reign, and will bring that ultimate deliverance for those who are waiting for Him. Are we truly waiting for and desiring His return? We may have been ‘saved’, but are we being diligent in our walk with Jesus, “denying ourselves, picking up our cross daily and following Him”? We may call Him our Savior, but have we opened our hearts and allowed Him to come in and reign as King?

“Lift up your heads, O you gates!
And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!
And the King of glory shall come in.”

- Psalm 24:7

Or as we read in Revelation -

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” – Rev 3:20

He came once as a humble Teacher, He is returning as the King of Glory! The “King at the head of His army.”

“Who is this King of glory?
The Lord, strong and mighty,
the Lord, mighty in battle.”

- Psalm 24:8

“The Lord thunders at the head of His army;
His forces are beyond number,
and mighty is the army that obeys His command.”

- Joel 2:11

This is a picture of the True ‘Return of the King’ to steal the title from the LOTR series. And His army is with Him, that purified remnant, the First Resurrection saints. They will at last defeat the spiritual and physical enemies of God. All “Creation will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.” (Rom 8:21). And peace shall be upon all “men of goodwill.”

“I have commanded My chosen ones;
I have also called My warriors,
who exult in My triumph,
to execute My wrath.
4 Listen, a tumult on the mountains,
like that of a mighty people!
Listen, an uproar among the kingdoms,
like nations being gathered together!
The Lord of Hosts is mobilizing an army for war.”

- Isaiah 13:3-4 HCSB

“Behold, a King will reign in righteousness,
And princes will rule with justice.”

- Isaiah 32:1

Oh, how I look forward to that Day!
This is that great “blessed hope” for which the apostles and first Christians strove to be prepared to be a part of. May we strive for this as well. To one Day walk with our King.
Amen.

God’s wisdom and understanding to us all,
Michael

“Every word of God is pure:
He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.”

Prov 30:5

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes amen and let us also remember the 10 virgins, five were wise and five were not yet as I read it they were al believers. I think this is a warning to all believers

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes amen and let us also remember the 10 virgins, five were wise and five were not yet as I read it they were al believers. I think this is a warning to all believers

Yes! These were all "went out to meet the bridegroom." The ten were all "saved", and what we would call "believers" today.

I actually did a teaching on Jesus' Parable of the Ten Virgins in a series I'm going through on the parables -

https://youtu.be/-6ubp8VtXNE

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
On the topic of the parable of the ten virgins. I believe you made a mistake in believing all ten virgins were genuine believers. That is not what it is trying to convey. Five were genuine believers and five were false. They both have lamps much like they are both alive and have bodies as well as a profession of belief in Jesus. One has oil in their lamp while the other does not. The one with the oil has the holy spirit while the other without the oil does not. In the story, they both slumbered which is a parallel for having died. Jesus often used sleep and death interchangeably because He saw death much differently then we do because He sees things on a different perspective than we do.

The ones who did not asked the ones who did have oil for some of theirs but they could not give any out because one cannot share the Holy Spirit as they must obtain it through Jesus who gives it to those who repent of their sins and follow Him while they are on this Earth. They went out to get some but couldn't much like those who die without the Holy Spirit cannot find it later on as the time to acquire the Holy Spirit has passed once we have died on Earth. The event they are waiting for in the story is a wedding which is parallels Jesus uniting his people with himself forever and make them become one as how a marriage is supposed to be two becoming one forever. The ones who got left out of the ceremony were the unsaved who will find themselves eternally separated from God having never having obeyed the commandments of the Father which was to repent and believe the Gospel.

If you were go back in the book of Matthew to chapter 7, there is a passage describing a type of person who ends up in hell. It is Matthew 7:21-23 to be exact. At the end of the passage Jesus declares he never knew these people and tells them to depart from him and describes them as workers of sin. Jesus in the parable of the ten virgins describes the bridegroom which is a symbol for himself as someone who tells these foolish virgins he doesn't know them when they come forward in the end and try to get in. much like what the person in Matthew 7 21-23 is trying to do.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
On the topic of the parable of the ten virgins. I believe you made a mistake in believing all ten virgins were genuine believers. That is not what it is trying to convey. Five were genuine believers and five were false. They both have lamps much like they are both alive and have bodies as well as a profession of belief in Jesus. One has oil in their lamp while the other does not. The one with the oil has the holy spirit while the other without the oil does not. In the story, they both slumbered which is a parallel for having died. Jesus often used sleep and death interchangeably because He saw death much differently then we do because He sees things on a different perspective than we do.

The ones who did not asked the ones who did have oil for some of theirs but they could not give any out because one cannot share the Holy Spirit as they must obtain it through Jesus who gives it to those who repent of their sins and follow Him while they are on this Earth. They went out to get some but couldn't much like those who die without the Holy Spirit cannot find it later on as the time to acquire the Holy Spirit has passed once we have died on Earth. The event they are waiting for in the story is a wedding which is parallels Jesus uniting his people with himself forever and make them become one as how a marriage is supposed to be two becoming one forever. The ones who got left out of the ceremony were the unsaved who will find themselves eternally separated from God having never having obeyed the commandments of the Father which was to repent and believe the Gospel.

If you were go back in the book of Matthew to chapter 7, there is a passage describing a type of person who ends up in hell. It is Matthew 7:21-23 to be exact. At the end of the passage Jesus declares he never knew these people and tells them to depart from him and describes them as workers of sin. Jesus in the parable of the ten virgins describes the bridegroom which is a symbol for himself as someone who tells these foolish virgins he doesn't know them when they come forward in the end and try to get in. much like what the person in Matthew 7 21-23 is trying to do.

Exactly! We actually agree almost totally on this. All are not "genuine believers" just as most in the churches today who call themselves believers don't truly believe. For to 'accept Jesus' but not believe ALL that He taught concerning "repentance" and "walking worthy" of Him shows that we really are not "genuine believers."

Now all ten did have the Holy Spirit at one point, and all were "saved"; but the five "ran out" which means they didn't continue walking in obedience to God and truly turning away from their sin. These got sidetracked by the "cares of this life" and the "desires for other things" and assumed that because they were "saved" they would enter the Kingdom. They were mistaken. The thought "forgiveness" was enough to see them through to glory; but they actually "received the grace of God in vain."

Top Bottom