... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
No I wouldnt but I would still think it wrong. I am not advocating doing away with the second amendment whhich I do support I just want some common sense laws that will protect people. I am tired of reading of these mass shootings and the same weapon is being used and yet all we can do is talk

Exactly. Normal people don't suddenly develop a desire to kill because of what they have at their disposal. People who are minded to kill will use whatever they can lay their hands on to achieve their goals. Take away machine guns and they'll use a semiautomatic. Take that away and they'll use pipe bombs, or a vehicle, or a meat cleaver, or a baseball bat, or whatever else they can access. Endlessly taking away things that might potentially be dangerous is a road that leads to madness.

I have to say, given your comment about me using the same tired lines, it's remarkably ironic that you've still got nothing to propose other than "common sense laws". Perhaps you could be specific as to exactly what laws you'd like to see, and what difference you think they would make. When you're dealing with people who break the existing laws, how will the new laws be any different? How will they solve the problem, and what costs will be associated with them - both financial in the sense of enforcement and any buybacks that may be required, as well as personal costs if people suddenly unable to defend themselves fall prey to criminals? It's a really lame option to simply parrot the line that "common sense laws" are needed - there are already laws against shooting children but they aren't proving effective. What makes anyone think the person who is willing to go and kill a dozen children and who knows they probably aren't coming out of their rampage alive is going to care if their weapon of choice is outlawed?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ban assault rifles since they are the biggest offender, at least someone with a knife you can escape or disarm and someone with a pistol or a rifle that isnt semi automatic more people survive and perhaps even disarm the shooter. This is nothing new it is just the NRA and its flunkies that refuse common sense and allow things to continue as they are as more and mare are killed. Take these away and yes there wil still be crazies but a lot less killing because the numbers will be a lot less.

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Laws won't change anything as it only facilitates the killing of the innocent by hampering the innocent to protect themselves while making it easier for the criminal to kill as he pleases. Stripping a people's ability to carry guns into a building and putting out a gun free zone sign at the front door is no different then ringing the dinner bell for a pack of starving lions and not expecting the lions to eat anyone because somehow that no starving lions allowed sign at the front door is going to keep them out.

The murders you see get increasingly committed is only a symptom of a society that's so gospel ignorant that many haven't actually heard the genuine gospel of Jesus and if they did would have plenty who claim to be the members of the church of Jesus who would call that person a heretic and tell him to shut up and go away. If anything, the fact that there are countless churches built all across America without any resistance from the unbelieving world to them being built is a symptom that the unbelieving world doesn't see them as a threat because if they did then they would did what they always do which is to persecute and destroy it if they can.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ban assault rifles since they are the biggest offender, at least someone with a knife you can escape or disarm and someone with a pistol or a rifle that isnt semi automatic more people survive and perhaps even disarm the shooter. This is nothing new it is just the NRA and its flunkies that refuse common sense and allow things to continue as they are as more and mare are killed. Take these away and yes there wil still be crazies but a lot less killing because the numbers will be a lot less.

OK, so now you need to define what is and what is not an "assault rifle". You also need to figure out how the criminals - you know, the ones who don't obey the law - will fall into line and obey your new law.

If you ban semiautomatic pistols you've effectively rendered them useless for personal protection. A single-shooter isn't much use to protect yourself if you face more than one attacker, or even if you face one attacker who is sufficiently high that one bullet doesn't stop them.

But let's overlook these glaring holes in what passes for an argument here, and assume the most powerful weapon you can own is a revolver. So what's the enterprising would-be school shooter going to do? Chances are they'll collect revolvers. What does it matter if they all sit on a credit card - it's not as if they are going to have to pay the bill once they're finished. Or they'll make pipe bombs out of household chemicals. Or they'll use other household chemicals to create other dangers such that it's not as simple as "disarm them".

There are other, far more lethal, things they could do using ingredients that are fairly readily available. I'm not going to go into details because I don't want some nutter to read them and get ideas. Sure, the person walking around shooting people is easy to identify and they get the publicity after the fact, but if you're serious about doing a lot of damage and don't worry too much about collateral damage you'll find a way.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Laws won't change anything as it only facilitates the killing of the innocent by hampering the innocent to protect themselves while making it easier for the criminal to kill as he pleases. Stripping a people's ability to carry guns into a building and putting out a gun free zone sign at the front door is no different then ringing the dinner bell for a pack of starving lions and not expecting the lions to eat anyone because somehow that no starving lions allowed sign at the front door is going to keep them out.

The murders you see get increasingly committed is only a symptom of a society that's so gospel ignorant that many haven't actually heard the genuine gospel of Jesus and if they did would have plenty who claim to be the members of the church of Jesus who would call that person a heretic and tell him to shut up and go away. If anything, the fact that there are countless churches built all across America without any resistance from the unbelieving world to them being built is a symptom that the unbelieving world doesn't see them as a threat because if they did then they would did what they always do which is to persecute and destroy it if they can.

I wouldn't even say it's necessarily a matter of being "gospel ignorant". When I was growing up most of the kids my age didn't know a whole lot about the gospel but we didn't kill each other.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Perhaps anyone wanting to ban "assault rifles" could say which of the following they believe are "assault rifles".

2019-08-01 18.12.35.jpg

Top Bottom