Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Iran announced Friday afternoon it had seized a U.K.-flagged, Swedish-owned oil tanker it accused of illegal activities. The seizure came just hours after the Islamic Republic presented evidence purporting to prove the United States did not down an Iranian drone in the same strategic region the day before.

In a statement, Iran's Revolutionary Guards announced that "an English tanker named 'stena impero' was seized by a flotilla unit of the first naval zone while crossing the Strait of Hormuz due to non-observance of the laws and regulations at the request of the Ports and Maritime Organization of Hormozgan province." The vessel was to have been "guided to shore" in preparation for "legal procedures" and "necessary inspections."

The news came less than a week after Iran seized a small Panamanian-flagged, UAE-based vessel called MT Riah for allegedly smuggling oil in the region and weeks after the U.K. seized Iranian supertanker Grace 1 and accused it of trying to transport oil to Syria, whose Tehran-backed government was subject to European Union sanctions."

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-uk-ship-tanker-crisis-1450264

What do you think is going on with Iran's more aggressive action lately?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think it is time to reign in these bullies. I think there should be a joint statement by the US and the UK condemning the act and stating that if any more patrol boats cross out of territorial waters they will be blasted out of the water no further warning given

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
On the tv this morning they said that the US put some battleships on both ends of that waterway to protect the ships that went through with US flags. I think that maybe the UK needs to do the same thing.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think there needs to be a blockade of Iran till they learn how to behave

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think it is time to reign in these bullies. I think there should be a joint statement by the US and the UK condemning the act and stating that if any more patrol boats cross out of territorial waters they will be blasted out of the water no further warning given

I do think they need to be punished, but I think the military should be the last option. Going after Iranian financial interests and shutting them down financially I think would more clearly get their attention. I think one of the reasons they are acting the way they are is that the sanctions imposed on them are hurtful

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I do think they need to be punished, but I think the military should be the last option. Going after Iranian financial interests and shutting them down financially I think would more clearly get their attention. I think one of the reasons they are acting the way they are is that the sanctions imposed on them are hurtful
That wont keep the shipping safe nor gaurantee that the strait remains open

Top Bottom