Yes

MeowsePad

Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you hear that companies are now having to put the plastic seals over their containers and that will cost more money to do so it will be passed onto us. People ruin everything.
Haven't companies been doing this for years? I certainly wouldn't want to buy a food product without a seal! It is kind of annoying how batteries and things like that are packaged like they never want you to be able to access them, though.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Haven't companies been doing this for years? I certainly wouldn't want to buy a food product without a seal! It is kind of annoying how batteries and things like that are packaged like they never want you to be able to access them, though.

Not all ice cream has a seal, just the cardboard cap. I think that Sour Cream and Cream Cheese containers all have some sort of protective covering though.

You're right about the batteries. Some scissors are like that too with their hard to open packages.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not all ice cream has a seal, just the cardboard cap. I think that Sour Cream and Cream Cheese containers all have some sort of protective covering though.

You're right about the batteries. Some scissors are like that too with their hard to open packages.

It's been a long time since I've seen ice cream for sale in cartons that aren't sealed, other than in the context of somewhere like an ice cream van or hut that pulls soft serve into a container in front of you.

I can't stand the blister packaging that means about the only way to get into it is to use something like a Stanley knife to cut away the plastic. The packaging is a pain to work with and then, once it's cut open, it's a pain to get rid of because you can't recycle it and the edges are prone to puncture a garbage bag.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

It's been a long time since I've seen ice cream for sale in cartons that aren't sealed, other than in the context of somewhere like an ice cream van or hut that pulls soft serve into a container in front of you.

I can't stand the blister packaging that means about the only way to get into it is to use something like a Stanley knife to cut away the plastic. The packaging is a pain to work with and then, once it's cut open, it's a pain to get rid of because you can't recycle it and the edges are prone to puncture a garbage bag.

Top Bottom