Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yes, "faithful" IS the KEY! IF we are faithful and obedient we will hear those words.
The one who was 'saved" and a 'servant' of the Lord, but did not DO what was required of him, was cast from the Lord's Presence in that Day.
But that is only what Jesus taught. Others teach differently today. I must go with what Jesus said.

"Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—
those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."

- John 5:28-29

Seriously, If Jesus would have said... 'those who believed on Me and trusted in My forgiveness regardless of their behavior, will rise to Life' - then I could agree with the bulk of today's preaching. But He didn't. And I can't.

We have eternal life if we believe in God. John 3:16 (and more) Don't throw out the entire bible because you want to do works.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Seriously, If Jesus would have said... 'those who believed on Me and trusted in My forgiveness regardless of their behavior, will rise to Life' - then I could agree with the bulk of today's preaching. But He didn't. And I can't.

John 6:40 "For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Law and Gospel properly distinguished will guide you to the truth that you don't do works to gain eternal life.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
John 6:40 "For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Law and Gospel properly distinguished will guide you to the truth that you don't do works to gain eternal life.

"Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation." - John 5:28-29

‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities." - Luke 19:17

"Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent." - Rev 2:5"

Speaking to "saved believers" in the churches who refuse to repent and do those "good works" Jesus says - "I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches[p] the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works." - Rev 2:23

Did Jesus change His mind? Either He did, and we're not sure what He requires of us, OR... we realize that we must embrace ALL that He taught, and not limit our understanding by accepting only the verses that seem to require nothing of us. That may appeal to our Adamic nature, but when we listen to the Holy Spirit our spirit knows we must be obedient and prove ourselves worthy if we are to attain to the promises of God.
Again, not a single 'sinner-saved-by-grace' will comprise the Kingdom of God. Only those who have truly been tested and tried in the fire, endured til the end, proven themselves worthy, come forth as gold, purified themselves, and been actually transformed by the Spirit into the divine image of the Firstborn Son of God. Oh, you won't hear this message from mos pulpits today, but you will hear it from that "still small voice" saying "this is the Way, walk in it."

Peace & Blessings, God's Wisdom and Understanding to all.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
"Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation." - John 5:28-29

‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities." - Luke 19:17

"Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent." - Rev 2:5"

Speaking to "saved believers" in the churches who refuse to repent and do those "good works" Jesus says - "I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches[p] the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works." - Rev 2:23

Did Jesus change His mind? Either He did, and we're not sure what He requires of us, OR... we realize that we must embrace ALL that He taught, and not limit our understanding by accepting only the verses that seem to require nothing of us. That may appeal to our Adamic nature, but when we listen to the Holy Spirit our spirit knows we must be obedient and prove ourselves worthy if we are to attain to the promises of God.
Again, not a single 'sinner-saved-by-grace' will comprise the Kingdom of God. Only those who have truly been tested and tried in the fire, endured til the end, proven themselves worthy, come forth as gold, purified themselves, and been actually transformed by the Spirit into the divine image of the Firstborn Son of God. Oh, you won't hear this message from mos pulpits today, but you will hear it from that "still small voice" saying "this is the Way, walk in it."

The threshing floor of God

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

John 6:35-40 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
John 10:14-18,25-30 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me,is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one."
John 17:20-26 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Sadly, Michael, your understanding of scripture is so horribly off that your "truth" is actually demonic false teaching, which Jesus rejects, Paul rejects and the saints reject. Only a false teaching woman of the early 20th century would applaud your teaching, as well as all the others in darkness that you are leading down the path of empty works.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, Michael, your understanding of scripture is so horribly off that your "truth" is actually demonic false teaching, which Jesus rejects, Paul rejects and the saints reject. Only a false teaching woman of the early 20th century would applaud your teaching, as well as all the others in darkness that you are leading down the path of empty works.

Son, there are those who will hear. Seeds have been planted. God will bring the increase in those He has chosen.
May the veil be lifted from your eyes if He has called you.
But I must be faithful to the One who has commissioned me, El Shaddai; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is Him I must stand before, and no man.
And being shunned and ignored by the 'religious' folk of today, I feel honored to be among the Prophets & Apostles of old who faced the same and even worse for revealing the Truth of God's great plan and purpose. :)

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'd say if you are born again that works should accompany such a person as a testimony to the work being done in you by Jesus. If you are being transformed in the inside by God then the outside should start to conform to what is being done inside so that the unbelieving world who lives by sight and not faith may see your works so they may glorify God and bring glory to His name. Avoiding sin is as much about doing the right thing as it is about not doing the wrong thing. Jesus did many good works during His lifetime because it is in His nature to do good works and if we are being transformed into His likeness then we should over time gain an increasing desire to do good works along with a decreasing desire to do bad works because our nature is being transformed into His.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'd say if you are born again that works should accompany such a person as a testimony to the work being done in you by Jesus. If you are being transformed in the inside by God then the outside should start to conform to what is being done inside so that the unbelieving world who lives by sight and not faith may see your works so they may glorify God and bring glory to His name. Avoiding sin is as much about doing the right thing as it is about not doing the wrong thing. Jesus did many good works during His lifetime because it is in His nature to do good works and if we are being transformed into His likeness then we should over time gain an increasing desire to do good works along with a decreasing desire to do bad works because our nature is being transformed into His.

Amen. Well said. :)

As Jesus taught -
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matt 5:16

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Son, there are those who will hear. Seeds have been planted. God will bring the increase in those He has chosen.
May the veil be lifted from your eyes if He has called you.
But I must be faithful to the One who has commissioned me, El Shaddai; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is Him I must stand before, and no man.
And being shunned and ignored by the 'religious' folk of today, I feel honored to be among the Prophets & Apostles of old who faced the same and even worse for revealing the Truth of God's great plan and purpose. :)
Michael, you declare yourself correct, yet you have misinterpreted scripture consistently. Your comments are the mark of a cult leader.
God has very graciously redeemed me and put to death the legalism Satan was using to make my life miserable. When God displayed his gracious, Sovereign work to me, He made these words very true:
Matthew 11:25-30 At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

God has made my burden light and given me rest for my soul.
I wish that you knew this truth and ceased trying to earn God's love. He loves you because he chooses to love you, not because you are such a swell person. As long as you trust in your works, you will miss the mark and die in your trespasses and sins. No one wishes that upon you.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You cannot not have faith, if God has adopted you as His child. Faith works because God has ordained that His children will do good works (Ephesians 2:8-10). Until one understands and embraces God's Sovereignty one will always struggle with faith. The reason is that the child of God keeps attempting to do a work that only God can accomplish. The child will always fall short and become prideful.
But, when God is doing the work, we realize that God is taking our wretched selves and is sanctifying us to Himself. He is accomplishing a great and sacred work within us. To God be the Glory great things He hath done.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You cannot not have faith, if God has adopted you as His child. Faith works because God has ordained that His children will do good works (Ephesians 2:8-10). Until one understands and embraces God's Sovereignty one will always struggle with faith. The reason is that the child of God keeps attempting to do a work that only God can accomplish. The child will always fall short and become prideful.
But, when God is doing the work, we realize that God is taking our wretched selves and is sanctifying us to Himself. He is accomplishing a great and sacred work within us. To God be the Glory great things He hath done.

I'm really sorry man, but I've grown so far past that simplistic understanding of the Word of God. I cannot go back, or settle for anything less than the fullness of God and the joy He has set before me.
If you read and understood anything Paul talked about in Philippians 3 then you might grasp the reality of what the Apostle was striving for, and what he knew he had to be proven worthy of.
Many will choose to ignore the extensive portions of Scripture I reference in my teachings of God Truth. I personally cannot. And seeds have been sown. God is bringing the increase. He will have His remnant of faithful ones in that Day.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I'm really sorry man, but I've grown so far past that simplistic understanding of the Word of God. I cannot go back, or settle for anything less than the fullness of God and the joy He has set before me.
If you read and understood anything Paul talked about in Philippians 3 then you might grasp the reality of what the Apostle was striving for, and what he knew he had to be proven worthy of.
Many will choose to ignore the extensive portions of Scripture I reference in my teachings of God Truth. I personally cannot. And seeds have been sown. God is bringing the increase. He will have His remnant of faithful ones in that Day.
Michael, I have read scripture. I have not fallen back into works salvation like you have. I am not the one whom Paul called foolish in Galatians 3. That person is you. Having been saved by grace, you now try to maintain by works of legalism. Paul says your teaching is anathema to the gospel of Christ. I would, like Paul, that you would emasculate yourself rather than lead anymore people away from God's saving grace.
In attempting to save yourself by works you have no part in God's saving grace. That saddens me and I wish you weren't so blind to Christ's grace.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Michael, I have read scripture. I have not fallen back into works salvation like you have. I am not the one whom Paul called foolish in Galatians 3. That person is you. Having been saved by grace, you now try to maintain by works of legalism. Paul says your teaching is anathema to the gospel of Christ. I would, like Paul, that you would emasculate yourself rather than lead anymore people away from God's saving grace.
In attempting to save yourself by works you have no part in God's saving grace. That saddens me and I wish you weren't so blind to Christ's grace.

Wow, it is sad that you cannot see what the Scripture clearly states. Yes, you are "saved." Yes, I am "saved." And I understand God's grace through Christ Jesus very well. It is only by His grace that I am saved and can walk in the ministry of teaching Truth that He has given me.
But that grace and salvation doesn't mean you get to go to heaven when you die, as is commonly taught and accepted. THAT is "another Gospel" completely foreign to the canon of Scripture.
Salvation, as every writer in the New Testament teaches, is the beginning of our journey; an opportunity to prove ourselves faithful and obedient to God.
I'm currently covering this Truth extensively in an in-depth study on this in 1Corinthians 10. - http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/entries/1corinthians-10-study

There are those who will hear. Seeds have been planted. Confirmation has come to others God has been speaking to. The Truth will prevail. You cannot stop the move of God into the final Three Feasts.

Sadly, "the love of most will grow cold", but God's Elect will be proven by their steadfastness, faithfulness and obedience. And these will come forth as "gold tried in the fire."

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Wow, it is sad that you cannot see what the Scripture clearly states. Yes, you are "saved." Yes, I am "saved." And I understand God's grace through Christ Jesus very well. It is only by His grace that I am saved and can walk in the ministry of teaching Truth that He has given me.
But that grace and salvation doesn't mean you get to go to heaven when you die, as is commonly taught and accepted. THAT is "another Gospel" completely foreign to the canon of Scripture.
Salvation, as every writer on the New Testament teaches, is the beginning of our journey; an opportunity to prove ourselves faithful and obedient to God.
I'm currently covering this Truth extensively in an in-depth study on this in 1Corinthians 10. - http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/entries/1corinthians-10-study

There are those who will hear. Seeds have been planted. Confirmation has come to others God has been speaking to. The Truth will prevail. You cannot stop the move of God into the final Three Feasts.

Sadly, "the love of most will grow cold", but God's Elect will be proven by their steadfastness, faithfulness and obedience. And these will come forth as "gold tried in the fire."

Michael, your interpretation of scripture is twisted with legalism. I read how you pull scripture out of context to preach a gospel not taught by Jesus or the Apostles. Galatians 3 exposes your twisted attempt to add works and remove grace.
When you say God's grace and salvation maybe impotent to bring his children home to be with Him, you make a claim that is utterly false and all children of God must reject your voice. We hear our Shepherd's voice and follow him. We reject your voice which is not of the same fold. When you revealed your Foursquare heretical roots it became very evident that you were not teaching the same gospel taught by Jesus and the writers of His word.
Those whom God has ordained to follow you to legalistic bondage will follow and live in misery and under a cloud of fear. Those whom God has ordained to have their burdens made light will follow come to him and find their heart refreshed.
You are a wolf pretending to be a sheep. The flock will not listen to your voice because you do not speak God's words.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Delving into Psalm 132

Put in this Category, as the Truth we study here in God's Word has got me thrown out of a couple other forums online already.
It is Scripture. And I know some will receive it, as God will always have His remnant, His "royal priesthood" whom He has called to become one with Christ, who will minister Life to creation in Eternity.
Peace & Blessings, God's Wisdom & Understanding to all,
Michael

https://youtu.be/Tbt2AMVw7ug

“Whoever walks blamelessly will be saved,
But he who is perverse in his ways will suddenly fall.”

- Prov 28:18

This is so hard for church people to understand today. And excuse after excuse is made in attempt to “prove” that those called by God don’t have to repent and behave righteously. And some even go so far as to say that we “can’t” do what God has commanded. Yet the Scripture doesn’t bear that up. And the Truth is… only those who truly have "walked worthy" and done what is righteous will receive the promises of Rev 2 & 3.

So, we who understand this Truth must press on, “lay hold on Eternal Life”, and “love righteousness and hate iniquity”, that we may receive the inheritance of God’s Kingdom.
Oh yes, may religious folk will mock us as they did Jesus. Did our Lord not warn us that “you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.” - Matt 10:22

To become “salvation” for the nations, that “royal priesthood”, the counterpart for Christ, the “bride of the Lamb”, we must indeed “endure” and “walk blamelessly.” This Truth cannot be denied.

We teach, as did the Apostle John, that “the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous” and know that, in that Day, the wife of the Lamb will be clothed with their own “righteous acts.”

May we receive this Word of the Lord, and be counted among those who are “wise” with the Wisdom of God. For we see the promise made to those who will walk and teach actual “righteousness” -

“Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.”

- Dan 12:3

My personal prayer is for those who struggle greatly with this Truth, and have fallen captive to the deceit of the enemy that has infiltrated the churches and denominations, that their eyes will be opened and they will at least receive the Word of the Lord (even if they don’t understand it) and not “fight against God” or “His anointed”, by attacking them. For the Scripture tells us that “those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.” (Psalm 34:21). Honestly, I pray for such before the Throne, “Father forgive them, they know not what they are doing.”

Do we sense that deeper call of the Lord upon our lives?

“May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.” – Eph 1:17-18

Amen

Top Bottom