Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Delving into Psalm 132

Put in this Category, as the Truth we study here in God's Word has got me thrown out of a couple other forums online already.
It is Scripture. And I know some will receive it, as God will always have His remnant, His "royal priesthood" whom He has called to become one with Christ, who will minister Life to creation in Eternity.
Peace & Blessings, God's Wisdom & Understanding to all,
Michael

https://youtu.be/Tbt2AMVw7ug

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Could you give us a synopsis of what is in the video and maybe particularly what got you banned from other forums? We're curious.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Could you give us a synopsis of what is in the video and maybe particularly what got you banned from other forums? We're curious.

Just sharied a little on the "priesthood" of God, those that will be united to Christ Jesus, becoming "one with Him as He is with the Father": truly Christ Jesus' counterpart, the "wife of the Lamb", that "Elect" of God who will "come after" Jesus, and "appear with Him as He is" when He returns. You can't believe how many people in the churches today refuse to believe what God's Word declares concerning the promises to those who "ovecome." Stuck on 'we're all just filthy sinners saved by grace and going to heaven when we die because we've 'believed' Jesus died for my sins and rose again', many church-goers cannot see what God's great plan & purpose is for creation - the creation that even now "groans for the revealing of the sons of God" and will one Day be "delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." (Rom 8:19-21) I've written on this as well in an extensive in-depth Bible Study I taught on Romans 8 - http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/entries/romans-8-study/rulership

I was falsely accused of lessening the divinity of Christ Jesus in teaching that which the Scripture says about "savior's" ministering Life to mankind. Plus, many in those other forums are somehow convinced that the Apostles wrote in King James English and therefore it stands far above any Hebrew or Greek manuscripts (even the ones I've personally seen which date back 2000 years). If you're curious, the video is about 34 minutes in length. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'll have to watch the video this week then to really know what you're saying. I'm in the camp that we are saved by grace through faith and not by works.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'll have to watch the video this week then to really know what you're saying. I'm in the camp that we are saved by grace through faith and not by works.

This is far beyond "being saved" which is the very beginning of our journey toward the fullness of God's promises which come to the faithful. We're looking here into those who will sit with Christ on His Throne and minister healing and Life to the sheep of the nations in Eternity. This is the "calling" which we must "make sure" by our obedience to God's commands and will for our life. (Not the Mosaic covenantal law, but the many commands given through Christ & His Apostles.) As Paul taught, this must be "attained to."

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This is far beyond "being saved" which is the very beginning of our journey toward the fullness of God's promises which come to the faithful. We're looking here into those who will sit with Christ on His Throne and minister healing and Life to the sheep of the nations in Eternity. This is the "calling" which we must "make sure" by our obedience to God's commands and will for our life. (Not the Mosaic covenantal law, but the many commands given through Christ & His Apostles.) As Paul taught, this must be "attained to."

To finish our "salvation" we remain in faith in God. Do you think you still need to DO something to please God that Jesus hasn't accomplished for you?

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
To finish our "salvation" we remain in faith in God. Do you think you still need to DO something to please God that Jesus hasn't accomplished for you?

Absolutely! How does God KNOW we have faith?
If we do not "deny ourselves, pick up our cross daily and follow Jesus", do we have "faith"?
If we do not "present our bodies a living sacrifice" do we have "faith"?
If we do not "strive against sin to the shedding of our own blood" can we say we have "faith" in Christ that God is pleased with?
If we do not use the "talents" He has given us wisely, will He be pleased in that Day He returns?

In our modern "Christian religion" we have reduced "faith" to merely a mental assent to the fact that Jesus died and rose again. Yet "faith" in the Scripture is far more than believing something to be true. As the "faith" of Abraham, it is only proven by what we do.

Again, I'm talking about the priesthood here... those who will receive the promises of Christ Jesus to "those who overcome" in Rev 2 & 3. This is far beyond being "saved."
Even the great multitude of people brought into the Kingdom of God when He comes to dwell "among men" on the earth, those "sheep" of the nations, are brought in because they had "done good" in this life. (Matt 25:31-46, John 5:28-29)

Just as God "saved" His people from bondage in Egypt with very little requirements, our "salvation" from bondage to sin requires only that we "believe." And then we begin the journey, our walk with Jesus. If we are faithful and obedience in whatever He has called us to, God will be pleased with us. If we are called to "inherit all things", then claim to have "faith", and cry "Lord, Lord", yet do not actually "put to death the deeds of the flesh" and "offer ourselves as slaves of righteousness", we will hear "depart from Me" in that Day.

I've done extensive study and teaching on 1Corinthians 10:1-12, in which Paul equates our "salvation" with Israel's being "saved" and journey out of bondage in Egypt and into the Promised Land. Most of those God had "saved" failed to attain to the promise because of their bad behavior and disobedience. Paul says to beware of the same in us. We've been "saved", yet that is only the very first step on our journey. We must prove ourselves worthy along the way if we are to enter the fullness of God and inherit creation.

Oh Glory! Let us not settle for anything less than the fullness of God!
Off to work now...
Got a lot of this on my website, including the 1Cor 10 study which we're in the process of expanding - https://to-him-who-overcomes.com/entries/1corinthians-10-study, and an essay on the Inheritance of Creation - https://to-him-who-overcomes.com/greatest-gift.

Peace & Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You asked "How does God know we have faith?"

The easy answer is because God gave it to us as a gift. We don't have to prove anything to God. He provides for us even in our salvation. He has given us the gift of the Holy Spirit to keep us strong in the faith given to us by Him. When we stray, the Holy Spirit pulls us back by His word.

The Israelites always relied on God for salvation, not on themselves just like Christians should do. We shouldn't be so proud as to look at what we've done over what Christ has done for us.

We live our lives as Christians not to earn anything from God. That would be by works if we did.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sanctification...the life we lead as Christians does not gain us entry into heaven because Jesus acquired that for us by his death and resurrection.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You asked "How does God know we have faith?"

The easy answer is because God gave it to us as a gift. We don't have to prove anything to God. He provides for us even in our salvation. He has given us the gift of the Holy Spirit to keep us strong in the faith given to us by Him. When we stray, the Holy Spirit pulls us back by His word.

The Israelites always relied on God for salvation, not on themselves just like Christians should do. We shouldn't be so proud as to look at what we've done over what Christ has done for us.

We live our lives as Christians not to earn anything from God. That would be by works if we did.

Hi friend, thanks for your reply.
I know that is the position widely taught and accepted in the modern churches, especially here in America... But, when we set aside our denominational Statements of Faith and look past the filters of the traditions of man that have crept into the assemblies, and focus solely on the written Word, while seeking the Living Word, we find the Gospel is a bit different than most teach today.
Again, "salvation" is the beginning, not the end of our journey. The New Testament alone says at least 6 times that we must "walk worthy." Jesus says we must "bear fruit and so prove to be His disciples." And when we stand before the Lord in that Day, no one will be judged or rewarded by what they 'believed' or had an abstract 'faith' in. According to what Jesus and the Apostles taught, all - and especially "Christians" - will be judged "according to our works."

My own prayer is that the churches teach the whole Truth of the Gospel.... For Truly God determines whether we are a Christian by what we do (our choices, our deeds, our actions), not by what we say we believe in. Never does God judge or reward anyone by their doctrine or statement of faith. He judges and rewards all men according to our works. (Psalm 62:12, Prov 24:12, Jer 17:10, Jer 32:19, Eze 33:20, Lam 3:64, Matt 16:27, John 5:29, Rom 2:6, Rom 14:12, 2 Cor 5:10, 1Pet 1:17, Rev 20:12, and Rev 22:12 for starters)

What Christ has done for us is give us an opportunity to "come after Him." Yes, we can say we believe, but if we do not "deny ourselves, pick up our cross daily and follow Him", "present our bodies a living sacrifice", "repent" (actually 'turn away' from our sins), and "love not our own lives even unto death", we will not "be conformed into His image" and receive the promises of Revelation 2 & 3. And that is what I'm after. That is what God is after... a "royal priesthood" who will "sit with Christ Jesus on His Throne" and minister Life and healing to the saved of the nations. Honestly, I can't settle for less than what God has called me to.

I'm sorry if I come across so bold in what I speak. This message which is throughout the Scripture - both Old and New Testaments - is something beyond the message of hope Jesus brought to the crowds. This is the message He brought to those He desires to "become One with Him as He is One with the Father." (John 17). If we are to be raised in the First Resurrection and dethrone the current "principalities and rulers of darkness in the heavenlies" and take their place, as Jesus taught, then we absolutely must prove ourselves, walk worthy and endure til the end, through the fiery trials and tests the Lord God leads us into. Truthfully, there will be no 'sinners saved by grace' in this group. Many of the "sheep" of the nations, raised in the Second Resurrection will be 'sinners saved by grace' but they will be the inheritance of the overcoming saints. And even these are welcomed into the Kingdom based on their works (Matt 25).

Oh Glory! May we be among those who 'hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches", and "press in" as Paul exhorted us, and "lay hold of what Christ Jesus has laid hold of us for."

Peace & Blessings to you.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi friend, thanks for your reply.
I know that is the position widely taught and accepted in the modern churches, especially here in America... But, when we set aside our denominational Statements of Faith and look past the filters of the traditions of man that have crept into the assemblies, and focus solely on the written Word, while seeking the Living Word, we find the Gospel is a bit different than most teach today.
Again, "salvation" is the beginning, not the end of our journey. The New Testament alone says at least 6 times that we must "walk worthy." Jesus says we must "bear fruit and so prove to be His disciples." And when we stand before the Lord in that Day, no one will be judged or rewarded by what they 'believed' or had an abstract 'faith' in. According to what Jesus and the Apostles taught, all - and especially "Christians" - will be judged "according to our works."

My own prayer is that the churches teach the whole Truth of the Gospel.... For Truly God determines whether we are a Christian by what we do (our choices, our deeds, our actions), not by what we say we believe in. Never does God judge or reward anyone by their doctrine or statement of faith. He judges and rewards all men according to our works. (Psalm 62:12, Prov 24:12, Jer 17:10, Jer 32:19, Eze 33:20, Lam 3:64, Matt 16:27, John 5:29, Rom 2:6, Rom 14:12, 2 Cor 5:10, 1Pet 1:17, Rev 20:12, and Rev 22:12 for starters)

What Christ has done for us is give us an opportunity to "come after Him." Yes, we can say we believe, but if we do not "deny ourselves, pick up our cross daily and follow Him", "present our bodies a living sacrifice", "repent" (actually 'turn away' from our sins), and "love not our own lives even unto death", we will not "be conformed into His image" and receive the promises of Revelation 2 & 3. And that is what I'm after. That is what God is after... a "royal priesthood" who will "sit with Christ Jesus on His Throne" and minister Life and healing to the saved of the nations. Honestly, I can't settle for less than what God has called me to.

I'm sorry if I come across so bold in what I speak. This message which is throughout the Scripture - both Old and New Testaments - is something beyond the message of hope Jesus brought to the crowds. This is the message He brought to those He desires to "become One with Him as He is One with the Father." (John 17). If we are to be raised in the First Resurrection and dethrone the current "principalities and rulers of darkness in the heavenlies" and take their place, as Jesus taught, then we absolutely must prove ourselves, walk worthy and endure til the end, through the fiery trials and tests the Lord God leads us into. Truthfully, there will be no 'sinners saved by grace' in this group. Many of the "sheep" of the nations, raised in the Second Resurrection will be 'sinners saved by grace' but they will be the inheritance of the overcoming saints. And even these are welcomed into the Kingdom based on their works (Matt 25).

Oh Glory! May we be among those who 'hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches", and "press in" as Paul exhorted us, and "lay hold of what Christ Jesus has laid hold of us for."

Peace & Blessings to you.

Eternal life with God is our goal. As believers in Jesus who died for our sins we have inheritance because of Him. You say that you have to prove yourself to God. That's Law talk, not Gospel talk.

The Law says Do this. But we can't fulfill that ourselves because sin always gets in the way.

The Gospel says God has done this. This was fulfilled for us by Jesus. Look to Jesus, the cross, forgiveness of sins and His resurrection to know your worth. It's about Jesus. Not you. You will never live up to the perfect standards God expressly commands by the Law.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Eternal life with God is our goal. As believers in Jesus who died for our sins we have inheritance because of Him. You say that you have to prove yourself to God. That's Law talk, not Gospel talk.

The Law says Do this. But we can't fulfill that ourselves because sin always gets in the way.

The Gospel says God has done this. This was fulfilled for us by Jesus. Look to Jesus, the cross, forgiveness of sins and His resurrection to know your worth. It's about Jesus. Not you. You will never live up to the perfect standards God expressly commands by the Law.
Obedinece to Christ as we are to crucify the old man and take on the new which I dont see many doing. I somehow dont picture God allowing spoiled brats that do their own thing into heaven

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Obedinece to Christ as we are to crucify the old man and take on the new which I dont see many doing. I somehow dont picture God allowing spoiled brats that do their own thing into heaven

Then you don't believe Jesus died for your sin of being a spoiled brat? I believe He forgives me all my sins. That's what the Gospel is. That's what gives us peace and joy as believers to know we'll have eternal life with God because we can't perfectly obey what God wants us to obey but Jesus did. By His blood, we are forgiven. Do you even believe that? Or are you still going to try to work to get to heaven?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Then you don't believe Jesus died for your sin of being a spoiled brat? I believe He forgives me all my sins. That's what the Gospel is. That's what gives us peace and joy as believers to know we'll have eternal life with God because we can't perfectly obey what God wants us to obey but Jesus did. By His blood, we are forgiven. Do you even believe that? Or are you still going to try to work to get to heaven?

Do yu believe Jesus when He said what those who commit these sins wont inherit the kingdom of heaven? By your reckoning those sins are already covered and they get into heaven, I dont think we will ever agree on this Lamm.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Am I reading in this thread that we are to become sinless in order to receive salvation?

The struggle with sin is a daily struggle. We can not become holy or sinless this side of heaven. Jesus is the one who makes us sinless and holy before God. If not for Jesus, I would receive eternal damnation. Because I believe that Jesus died on the cross to atone for my sins, I stand blameless before God.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do yu believe Jesus when He said what those who commit these sins wont inherit the kingdom of heaven? By your reckoning those sins are already covered and they get into heaven, I dont think we will ever agree on this Lamm.

You didn't answer my questions. Let me ask another way. Are you trusting fully on Jesus' death and forgiveness because of the cross or are you trusting in yourself to gain entry into heaven and have eternal life with God?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Am I reading in this thread that we are to become sinless in order to receive salvation?

The struggle with sin is a daily struggle. We can not become holy or sinless this side of heaven. Jesus is the one who makes us sinless and holy before God. If not for Jesus, I would receive eternal damnation. Because I believe that Jesus died on the cross to atone for my sins, I stand blameless before God.

Perfect post!

Yes, there are quite a few members here on CH who believe they have to live a sinless life to be with God when they die for all eternity. They aren't trusting that Jesus was sufficient to get them there. They believe that He just gave them the opportunity to work and make themselves perfect. :rolleyes:

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

No. Absolutely not. We have "received salvation" solely on what Christ Jesus accomplished in His life on earth 2000 years ago.

What we are talking about is what comes after being "saved." To inherit the promises of God one must "walk worthy" and "overcome."

Jesus has done His part in His perfect obedience to God. We must do our part if we are to inherit the Kingdom of God.

To accept that we will always sin is to accept defeat. Jesus did not come to bring sinners into Paradise, He came to deliver us from sin. If we are still sinning even after being "saved" then we have not been delivered from sin; we are not "putting to death the deeds of the flesh", "denying ourselves, picking up our cross daily and following Jesus" to victory. Jesus will not overcome for us; there is no Bible for that false teaching. And He will not be "worthy" for us either; we must "walk worthy" as the Apostle Paul told us at least 6 times in his letters.

All this is beyond salvation. Again, being "saved" is the beginning, not the end of our journey; an opportunity not a substitute for proving our obedience by our works.

God's wisdom and understanding to us all.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Perfect post!

Yes, there are quite a few members here on CH who believe they have to live a sinless life to be with God when they die for all eternity. They aren't trusting that Jesus was sufficient to get them there. They believe that He just gave them the opportunity to work and make themselves perfect. :rolleyes:

We must go by what the Scripture declares! Too many smiley preachers out there with "smooth sayings" and "ear-tickling" messages are sadly leading many astray.
Jesus and the Apostles warned us against such. The bulk of the New Testament letters are warning given to the church-goers not to fall back, but to press on to maturity and "walk worthy" in "repentance" and "obedience" if they are to enter into the promises of God that are only for "those who overcome."

:ange06:

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So you are taking about our salvation being a work of ourself. That what Christ did is not enough, that we have to work and earn that salvation. No sir, I disagree here. We do good because we want to do good, not because we have to do good.

Why you seem to be talking about is Holiness, that one needs to become perfect to attain salvation. I don't see that anywhere in the Bible. That is teaching that does from outside of the Bible. It is adding to what the Bible already tells us how we achieve salvation. You leave me scratching my head.

Top Bottom