Tinder.

Jerlene

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever used Tinder to find a date? How did it go for you? I would imagine it would be a lot more difficult for a good Christian to find another good Christian on a dating app, especially Tinder, but I'm sure it's possible. But how do you weed out the people that only want "one thing"? What are some pointers for singles looking to find a real connection through Tinder?
I'm in a relationship myself but I'm very curious to know if God fearing Christians use the app. lol

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
they didn't have the internet when i was single, but I wouldn't use it if I was. Look for trouble and you will find it

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ive tried it but i cant get any matches.

Member4592

I matched with my current girlfriend. We've been together for 3 months now. We've had a few disagreements but we've never had a fight.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you ever used Tinder to find a date? How did it go for you? I would imagine it would be a lot more difficult for a good Christian to find another good Christian on a dating app, especially Tinder, but I'm sure it's possible. But how do you weed out the people that only want "one thing"? What are some pointers for singles looking to find a real connection through Tinder?
I'm in a relationship myself but I'm very curious to know if God fearing Christians use the app. lol

I've never used it - I was married before it existed so really have no need for it.

That said it seems with anything designed to bring people together you'll get some folks looking for a long term partner and others looking for a one-night hookup or some other no-strings arrangement. In that regard Tinder isn't really any different to meeting someone at work or the pub, it just facilitiates people meeting more easily because you don't need to work with someone or happen to be in the same pub at the same time.

If you've got something primarily designed for a one-night hookup it would be a waste of time to use it if you're looking for something more long-term (I know people who have used Tinder for both, so don't really know whether it's specifically designed for one or the other). Beyond that my guess is that it's just a matter of weeding out the ones who want something you're not willing to give, and I guess mentioning things like church early on in a discussion gives people a pretty good indication that if they're after a one-night stand they can just move along and keep looking.

Member4592

I've never used it - I was married before it existed so really have no need for it.

Well, I never thought I was going to use a dating app. I was with my ex wife for 11 years and thought we'd always be together despite our problems. Our problems were way worse than I thought. Seeing as I got married in 2008. But then, I spent 2 years getting divorced and being single. Then the loneliness, the boredom, and the depression set in. Tinder is better than POF. All the crazies are POF. I'm not single anymore and I still miss my ex wife despite the fact she always cheated on me. Would I ever take her back. No, because she'd cheat again and use me to her financial benefit. It's definitely not what I wanted for my kids.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I met my wife on Tinder....things are great. :)

Honestly, it was OK, better than some other services. The women I did meet in person were generally as presented, not completely physically, but personality wise they were. But I still had a nice time with them even if it was not a "match" in the end.

Top Bottom