Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Is anyone watching the 3rd season of Stranger Things? If you are, what do you think so far? I really like the characters and how they interact with one another so it's fun watching that. I'm only on episode 2 though.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I haven't seen any of it. What is it on Netflix or Hulu or something?
I don't watch a lot of TV

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's on Netflix. Some people can't get into it...like my daughter who is 25 but I enjoy it. It takes place in the 80s and I loved that era so it's fun looking at the props that we just don't see anymore. The story line is kind of weird and Winona Ryder annoys me to no end but the kids are fun.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Is anyone watching the 3rd season of Stranger Things? If you are, what do you think so far? I really like the characters and how they interact with one another so it's fun watching that. I'm only on episode 2 though.
I am! I'm on episode 4 of season 3. I like the overall feel the show has. I think they've really nailed what the 1980's were like. The music is spot on. The Russian storyline this season has me confused. It seems wrong, somehow. Like it doesn't gel with the rest of what I've seen so far.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am! I'm on episode 4 of season 3. I like the overall feel the show has. I think they've really nailed what the 1980's were like. The music is spot on. The Russian storyline this season has me confused. It seems wrong, somehow. Like it doesn't gel with the rest of what I've seen so far.

I agree that they got a lot of the 80s correct but there are a couple scenes that I think are too modern and not at all 80s. There's one line in particular where one character referred to something as sweet (and I'm not talking the coke scene) and that's modern. We didn't call something sweet back then at least not in Indiana where I grew up and that's where the story is supposed to take place. There were a lot of things we said in the 80s that never were put in the script.

The Russian storyline just brought to light how paranoid we were of the Russians back then. But you're right again that it doesn't really fit in with the rest of Stranger Things.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I like the show, but I haven't had time to watch it. I binged watched the first season but haven't even started the second. I have some catching up to do, actually... it was just yesterday that I heard that it was really good this season.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I like the show, but I haven't had time to watch it. I binged watched the first season but haven't even started the second. I have some catching up to do, actually... it was just yesterday that I heard that it was really good this season.

Catch up, man! LOL

I really enjoyed the second season. The characters were fully formed then.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Catch up, man! LOL

The second season got better as it went on. I had actually forgotten about "Stranger Things", because after the first season ended, I found other shows to watch. "The Crown", "The Handmaid's Tale", "Pose", "Claws", skip those last two if flaunting sin is something you'd rather not see. But everything I watch on TV is just a distraction until "Supernatural" comes back. [emoji846]

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The second season got better as it went on. I had actually forgotten about "Stranger Things", because after the first season ended, I found other shows to watch. "The Crown", "The Handmaid's Tale", "Pose", "Claws", skip those last two if flaunting sin is something you'd rather not see. But everything I watch on TV is just a distraction until "Supernatural" comes back. [emoji846]

I haven't seen any of those others you have listed. I've never even heard of Pose or Claws.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Catch up, man! LOL

I tend to binge watch in the winter, it's just tough to get in the time during the summer. Too many chores. I do also like Supernatural, but I sort of lost track of the show after the 6th or 7th season.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen any of those others you have listed. I've never even heard of Pose or Claws.
Claws is on TNT. Pose is on FX. Pose is all about cross-dressers, homosexuals, transgenderism, and AIDS in the 80's and the struggles those people were facing.

Claws is about a bunch of criminals in Florida, half of whom just want to run a nail salon and not be criminals.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Claws is on TNT. Pose is on FX. Pose is all about cross-dressers, homosexuals, transgenderism, and AIDS in the 80's and the struggles those people were facing.

Claws is about a bunch of criminals in Florida, half of whom just want to run a nail salon and not be criminals.

Yeah, I think I'll pass :D

Ash

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Single
No
I haven't started watching it as yet because I'm still pre-occupied with some other TV shows. I'll probably rewatch a bit of Season 2 first though because I've slightly forgotten what's happened.

Top Bottom