Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.53%

The Coming Civil War Over Abortion

OneNewsNow: The Coming Civil War Over Abortion
      Friday, May 17, 2019 | Dr. Michael L. Brown - Guest Columnist
      http://www.askdrbrown.org/
      --If Donald Trump's election could evoke Madonna's expressed desire to blow up the White House … and the hearings for Brett Kavanaugh induce women to scream and pound at the Senate's doors – what will the overturning of Roe v. Wade bring about?

A civil war is coming to America, only this time, it will be abortion, rather than slavery, that divides the nation. And while I hope will all my heart that it will not be a physically violent war, the ideological conflict will certainly be violent and intense.

We witnessed some of this during the hearings for Brett Kavanaugh, when the opposition to his confirmation was fierce to the point of screaming and pounding at the Senate's doors.

This brought to my mind the famous line, "Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned," based on which I wrote an article titled, "Prepare for the Wrath of the Pro-Abortion Militants." The article ended by saying "that hell hath no fury like that of the militant pro-abortionists."

The very same day my article was posted on the Stream, Jennifer Hartline posted an article on that same website, titled, "It's Not Kavanaugh. It's Roe." Her article ended by saying, "They hate Kavanaugh because they love abortion and he does not. Hell hath no fury like 'women's rights' scorned."

We were hearing the same message!

This is part of what I refer to as Jezebel's War with America (the title of my forthcoming book), where the forces of radical feminism come together with the extreme pro-abortion movement (among other spiritual and cultural forces) in an attempt destroy America.

The only way to describe this is war.

Confirmation for this comes from the response to Alabama's pro-life bill, just passed by the Senate.

As expected, the reaction from the left has been fierce and intense.

Note the highlighted words in these tweets and comments: "Alabama just passed a near-total ban on abortion. No exceptions for rape or incest. Doctors could face 99 years in prison for providing abortions. This is a war on women, and it is time to fight like hell." (Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand)

"This ban is dangerous and exceptionally cruel – and the bill's authors want to use it to overturn Roe v. Wade. I've lived in that America and let me tell you: We are not going back – not now, not ever. We will fight this. And we will win." (Sen. Elizabeth Warren)

"Women's rights are under attack. This relentless and cruel Republican assault on women's health is designed to force a court battle to destroy Roe v. Wade. Democrats will be ready to defend health care and women's reproductive freedom." (Rep. Nancy Pelosi)

The reaction from Hollywood echoed the sentiments of Washington: According to John Legend, "These statehouses are waging all-out war on women and their right to control their reproductive decisions. This is awful."

Alyssa Milano tweeted, "There have been nearly 30 bans on abortion introduced, passed, or signed into law in statehouses around the country this year alone. This is Trump's anti-choice agenda and part of the GOP's war on women."

On Instagram, Tracie Lee Ross, with 6.5 million followers, wrote, "WE MUST FIGHT ~ this is terrifying."

And John Cusack tweeted, "This only ends with impeachment – and people in the streets."

As summed up by author Amber Tamblyn, "Good morning, women. Make no mistake. This is war."

Do we need this spelled out any more clearly? We are being told that those who stand for Roe v. Wade will fight like hell, that there will be people in the streets, that this is a battle, a war. We dare not miss the meaning.

Again, I fervently hope that this is not a physically violent war. I sincerely hope there will not be violent attacks by pro-abortion extremists leading to retaliation by those being attacked. (By definition, if you are pro-life, you will not seek to take the life of an innocent person.)

But if Trump's election could stir massive women marches with Madonna expressing her desire to blow up the White House, what will the overturning of Roe v. Wade bring about? (This is part of the reason I refer to all this as "Jezebel's war with America.")

We must also be reminded by how heartless the pro-abortion movement can be, as represented by this tweet from "comedian" Michelle Wolf: "Do what the Alabama government refuses to do: help women by donating to the https://yellowhammerfund.org. Donating is as easy as flicking an embryo out of a uterus should be" (my emphasis).

Yes, a tiny baby is just something to be "flicked"!

If this is how the left views a helpless baby in the womb, how will it view those who seek to overturn Roe v. Wade?

Recently, there has been an uptick of physical attacks on peaceful pro-lifers. And it is likely that such attacks will only increase in the days ahead.

All the more reason, then, that we keep working to change hearts and minds, that we pray for divine intervention, and that we reply with calmness and measured speech rather than angry rhetoric of our own.

A civil war is certain. The only thing to be determined is how bloody it will be. Much of that depends on us. Let us pursue the cause of life.
      ....thoughts?
      I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. - C.S. Lewis

Andrew is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      Awesome

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      81.96%
      "We will kill all those who oppose us both inside the womb and outside the womb! Raaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!"

MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Itsabrannewday

Mood:
      Secret

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      28.99%
      Somehow war does not look like a godly solution to abortion.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

Hidden Content

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (397,330 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      31.23%
      If we changed it to puppies in the womb there would be no fight for a want of abortion. That's the hypocrisy. Kill the children but not the animals.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

5. Likes Andrew liked this post
      Itsabrannewday

Mood:
      Secret

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      28.99%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      If we changed it to puppies in the womb there would be no fight for a want of abortion. That's the hypocrisy. Kill the children but not the animals.
      But people kill puppies and dogs frequently and no one seriously suggests war.

He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

Hidden Content

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (397,330 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      31.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      But people kill puppies and dogs frequently and no one seriously suggests war.
      Ever heard of PETA?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Itsabrannewday

Mood:
      Secret

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      28.99%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Ever heard of PETA?
      Yes, and they are insane

Do you intend to follow their example?

Hidden Content

Albion is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      33.42%
      Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
      I don't perceive that anything special has happened lately. The over-the-top wording we read in post #1 aside, it looks more like just one more chapter in a long-running struggle, that's all.

tango is online now Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (19,693,000 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      81.65%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      Yes, and they are insane

Do you intend to follow their example?
      I don't think anyone was saying we should follow their example.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

11. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
      JRT is offline Junior Member
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.53%
      If we wish to minimize the abortion rate, making it illegal is the wrong way to go about it. There are nations where abortion is totally illegal and carries severe penalties where the abortion rate is much higher than in nations where it is legal. The reason for this is that the two most potent abortifacients in the world are ignorance and poverty and in those nations you have both. But even in developed nations you can still have ignorance and poverty. In some quarters there is great reluctance to providing sex education, particularly birth control information. The same applies to the provision of pre-natal and post-natal care and delivery at an affordable cost to low income mothers in particular. In some case that would mean at no cost.

The USA and Canada are both affluent nations. In the USA abortion services are not readily available and attempts are being made to further reduce that availability or eliminate it entirely. In Canada we have universal single payer medical care and there are no abortion laws. Abortion is fully funded under Canadian medicare. Does Canada have a higher rate of abortion? No! The abortion rate in the USA is 50% greater than in Canada.

I believe that abortion should be legal, it should be safe, it should be available and it should be the woman’s informed choice but most important of all --- it should be rare. In conclusion, we should always keep in mind that there are no more powerful abortifacients in the world than poverty and ignorance.
      Last edited by Lämmchen; 05-23-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Accidentally moved it and gave it title...all corrected now.