House Dems' To Read Redacted Mueller Rpt Into Cong. Record

Webster

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
(The Guardian) Democrats in the US House of Representatives will read the entire redacted Mueller Report today, starting a noon.

Lawmakers, led by Representative Mary Gay Scanlon, a top Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee, plan to livestream the reading from a Capitol hearing room.

Earlier in the week Scanlon told the Washington Post that she came up with the idea in response to persistent claims from President Trump’s supporters, that the report’s release exonerated him of collusion or obstruction of justice.

Mueller’s concluded, of course, that he could not exonerate Trump on obstruction.

“We have a Constitutional duty to share that truth with the American people,” Scanlon said in a release, adding the report’s conclusions could not be adequately “summarized in a tweet.”

Of course the redacted Mueller report has been available in text for weeks- so it’s unclear why reading it aloud is likely to convince anyone of anything. Not to mention that few Trump supporters are likely to tune into a livestream of congressional Democrats reading for hours on end.

Scanlon acknowledged to the Post that it’s a move intended to keep media attention on the report as Democrats pursue ongoing investigation and oversight of the administration.

“We’ve been saying for weeks that if you think there was no obstruction and no collusion, you haven’t read the Mueller report,” Scanlon said. “So the ongoing quest has been, ‘How do we get that story out there while we are waiting for the witnesses to come in?’”

...grandstanding there much, Dems?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Maybe the way they emphasize certain words or phrases will bring more drama :rolleyes:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Maybe if it was accepted at face value by Republicans and the Dems would quit trying to politicize it it would be better. Muellers did not econerate Trump and in fact laid out ten things that actually need further investigation so I see the house as doing what it should and Republicans trying tospin it

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Just for the record, Russians never convinced me to vote for Trump, this whole thing is a waste of time. If anything I get anti Trump propaganda, isnt this what it was always about? that Russia swayed the vote by spreading pro trump propaganda on Facebook?? Maybe I am behind, but from what I was told it was something to do with social media and Russians convincing us that Trump should be elected... I never witnessed this and I don't believe anyone who uses social media witnessed it either.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just for the record, Russians never convinced me to vote for Trump, this whole thing is a waste of time. If anything I get anti Trump propaganda, isnt this what it was always about? that Russia swayed the vote by spreading pro trump propaganda on Facebook?? Maybe I am behind, but from what I was told it was something to do with social media and Russians convincing us that Trump should be elected... I never witnessed this and I don't believe anyone who uses social media witnessed it either.

But, but, but, it must have happened because otherwise there's no way Hillary Clinton could have lost the election. I mean, it's not as if there are people out there who dislike her or anything.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
But, but, but, it must have happened because otherwise there's no way Hillary Clinton could have lost the election. I mean, it's not as if there are people out there who dislike her or anything.
There is absolutely no way she lost the election without the help of those dirty scumbag Russians!

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This just in, Grumpy Cat the viral meme cat has died today shortly after sending this tweet :(
867a28082257049e3e3e48dfde478ae3.jpg

Top Bottom