Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Lutherans aren't animated people. We don't even laugh. We just smile loudly. [emoji4]

I see; very commendable in a way, I guess.

Catholic Christians laugh, and even make sounds when they laugh - laughter sounds. It can be annoying at times I admit but mostly it is joyous and pleasant.

Catholics also pray aloud, say "amen" and also say various other things during the mass.

Catholics sing, play music, and kneel in worship too.

Catholics make the sign of the cross and even use water to make the sign of the cross as they enter and leave the Church building as a part of their worship of God.

I guess Catholics are more demonstrative than Lutherans.

:)

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I see; very commendable in a way, I guess.

Catholic Christians laugh, and even make sounds when they laugh - laughter sounds. It can be annoying at times I admit but mostly it is joyous and pleasant.

Catholics also pray aloud, say "amen" and also say various other things during the mass.

Catholics sing, play music, and kneel in worship too.

Catholics make the sign of the cross and even use water to make the sign of the cross as they enter and leave the Church building as a part of their worship of God.

I guess Catholics are more demonstrative than Lutherans.

:)
Try this:

https://m.facebook.com/martinluther500th/posts/1600342970007771#_=

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I await your increasing set of idols to reach their fullness.

I do not sanction idolatry but I do think you have made an interesting choice of idols to worship ;)
Don't sanction idolatry? You're Catholic, aren't you? It's in your nature. [emoji28]

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
[emoji440] Happy Monday! Here's a brand new episode of The Literary Lutheran Reads The Book of Concord!

https://youtu.be/1Q6_bqfaiGs

I remember a lady on another forum that you and I belonged to who promoted the love of God for righteousness. Just about every post had it copied and pasted. That's more of a self-savior (I grabbed that term from someone on FB) instead of it coming from God through His Son to us.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I remember a lady on another forum that you and I belonged to who promoted the love of God for righteousness. Just about every post had it copied and pasted. That's more of a self-savior (I grabbed that term from someone on FB) instead of it coming from God through His Son to us.
That's a good term for it. I remember while doing the readings last week, it was in Article V: Love and Fulfilling the Law, it said something along the lines of either we receive forgiveness of our sins through the free gift of faith in Christ or we put our good works against God's wrath.

It's amazing to me how many people, especially those involved in Americanized Christianity want to attempt to satisfy God's wrath with their works, while believing they are trusting in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins.

Have you read Pastor Wolfmueller's book, "Has American Christianity Failed"? It's really excellent. Everything he writes about Christianity in America is exactly what I experienced before being delivered into Lutheranism.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Don't sanction idolatry? You're Catholic, aren't you? It's in your nature. [emoji28]

Yes, but our statues are not idols and we do not adore them, maybe offer worshipful veneration before them to the people that they represent, but never ever adoration.

Besides we're not the ones always objecting to statues and calling it idolatry :p

Oh, now I need to do my duty and type:

Repent! Repent of all your idols!

:smirk:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's a good term for it. I remember while doing the readings last week, it was in Article V: Love and Fulfilling the Law, it said something along the lines of either we receive forgiveness of our sins through the free gift of faith in Christ or we put our good works against God's wrath.

It's amazing to me how many people, especially those involved in Americanized Christianity want to attempt to satisfy God's wrath with their works, while believing they are trusting in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins.

Have you read Pastor Wolfmueller's book, "Has American Christianity Failed"? It's really excellent. Everything he writes about Christianity in America is exactly what I experienced before being delivered into Lutheranism.

No, I haven't heard of that book. I'll have to look it up and add it to my Amazon book list!

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but our statues are not idols and we do not adore them, maybe offer worshipful veneration before them to the people that they represent, but never ever adoration.

Besides we're not the ones always objecting to statues and calling it idolatry [emoji14]

Oh, now I need to do my duty and type:

Repent! Repent of all your idols!

Really? You're seriously going with that? So it wasn't you that called my Luther bobblehead an idol and asked if I prayed to it? And we both know if I threw a statue of Mary at you, you'd immediately bend the knee, genuflect and pray to it! But it's not an "idol." Suuuuuure it isn't. [emoji23]

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Really? You're seriously going with that? So it wasn't you that called my Luther bobblehead an idol and asked if I prayed to it? And we both know if I threw a statue of Mary at you, you'd immediately bend the knee, genuflect and pray to it! But it's not an "idol." Suuuuuure it isn't. [emoji23]

You make me chuckle so I shall give you a "like" but the "like" does not signify my agreement to anything you had to say, you naughty Lutheran idolater!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sure wish you'd participate more in the many discussions here at CH! You have much wisdom.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sure wish you'd participate more in the many discussions here at CH! You have much wisdom.
You, Lambie, and MoreCoffee, are the only people that aren't openly hostile in open conversation. In CT, it's the same 5 people all disagreeing with each other and not even trying to be civil with each other. I thought our old forum was bad. It's nothing compared to this place.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Are we all excited for a new week of videos? [emoji41]

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
[emoji342] As promised, it's a new week so here is the first new episode of The Literary Lutheran Reads the Book of Concord.

https://youtu.be/UH5YWS0LwQk

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
[emoji342] It's Tuesday. So grab your [emoji895][emoji895] and watch a brand new episode of The Literary Lutheran Reads the Book of Concord!

https://youtu.be/KCqY6uXzv8s

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
[emoji342] Hump Day may be old news, but The Literary Lutheran Reads the Book of Concord is brand new! Please Like & Subscribe so you never miss an episode.

https://youtu.be/wZoqH0ULiUU

Top Bottom