Australia: PM sets election date

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
You guys ought to change to a parliamentary system with elections every 4 or 5 years and a PM but no president with executive power and all the ministers responsible for executive government being drawn from the lower house of the parliament so you can vent your spleen about how badly they did their job at the next election by voting them out! It is a better system, makes people more appreciative of their vote. You ought also to make voting compulsory just like jury duty.

:smirk:

You can keep a president but make the office decorative rather than powerful. Something like the Irish presidency.

Thanks anyway - We prefer to keep our pants hitched up...

Except for the Gang-Bangers, mind you!

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I voted early in the Australian Federal election so now I can relax and not bother listening to the political rants from the three major parties.

Your supporters here vote not only early but often!

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Don't be shy Josiah, you've posted many times about what you incorrectly imagine to be the workings of Democracy.

Don't pretend to have respect now after demonstrating the lack of it so many times before.

Besides, as long as your posts are as erroneous as they are they serve only to highlight the distorting power of ignorance.

Bad day today?

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
MoreCoffee,

As for me, I cannot respect the constant rant you post, the constant rebuke of the USA, our Constitution, our president. While suggesting everyone should respect YOUR country, polities, leaders. I imagine that you will soon enough reflect on it and regret it, although it hasn't happened in over two YEARS.

There is almost a cult of Trump HATERS (it IS intensely personal and irrational and hypocritical and it IS hate), and I realize the international press at times has spread this abroad. There is some entrenched "anti-Americanism" out there and it tends to be especially aimed any ANYONE who is a Republican, who is NOT a "we need to be more European in all ways, we need to condemn the USA" in their philosophy, and this has been attached to this cult of hate toward Donald Trump. I don't like much about his politics and ways (I didn't vote for him) but I confess, I don't understand this intense, irrational, personal HATRED liberals and some foreigners have for him.

It is obvious you know little to nothing about the Constitution of the USA or the Rule of Law here or how things work here with elections, and that's okay, none of it applies to you, you are not a resident or citizen of the USA. But it makes your very rude rant even more offensive and inappropriate. Bashing the USA is good and right, you insist.... but you expect (and get) respect from us for your country. Some might expect you'll reflect on that and regret your rude, ignorant flaming but there's no indication of that.

I "get" the point of your constant, perpetual RANT.... your flames of the USA....BUT FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, alright already! You come to a community of mostly Americans and BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH - over and over and over - for two years!!! OMG. Enough already! This has gotten profoundly disrespectful and rude. Coming from someone who is NOT a resident or citizen here at has documented he has no clue as to how our government works, what our Constitution says and zero respect. It's RUDE. I realize you think you get a pass on everything (no matter how rude, how flaming) if you post that smirky emogy.... NO, you do not. Not when it goes on and on and on and on and on, for years, so disrespectful, so rude.

Everyone here is respectful of your country, its government, its political processes and its leaders and people. How about returning it..... and stopping the RUDE, ignorant, flaming (and thinking if you put up that smerky thing, you are excused).

The party hating Trump is the party of hate...

Hillary, on the verge of winning by a landslide, was beating her drums of hatred of Republicans and foreshadowing their merciless persecution under her rulership of America...

Fortunately, Trump won by a landslide...

Small town America took over from the globalist haters of human freedom to think and speak according to conscience...

The more monotone political correctness comes forth, the more shrill the voices of hatred...

Against this, America is resetting to 1776 and throwing off this criminal oppression...

MC is a little sanctimonious politically...

America is too big to fail regarding Freedom...

If we fail to defend freedom, the world will swirl down the toilet of oppression and evil...

The demons are at the doors seeking our destruction...

We will stand or fall, but we cannot cower in the face of evil...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Impeach Donald.

The process is that the house draws up articles of impeachment based on investigation of alleged crimes and having decided that the crimes really are crimes and really did occur they impeach and then the Senate tries the already impeached person and if they too find guilt they convict said person and the outcome is expulsion from whatever office they hold.

Do let's impeach Donald for his many high crimes and misdemeanours.

He obstructed justice.

He lied repeatedly, but since his lies were not under oath he is not guilty of purgery just of dishonesty.

And his words and alleged actions are morally repugnant.

Impeach Donald!

:smirk:

No thanks - We will keep our pants up...

Save your hatred for your own persecuters...

Arsenios

Last edited:

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
What a thread!

A Small Smirking and Bitey Thing pouring forth!

We need Donald in Australia!

Real men need an Australian voice!

Arsenios

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
And this despite promises to make EVERY VOTE COUNT...

Why, in a disturbing number of districts, there are more votes even than voters!

And even so, the complaints continue!

What a country!

Arsenios

Because every vote counts. Some of them count more than once, they are that important.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Looks like the Australians would like to be more like The Donald after all. Whodathunkit?

I'm sure MC is delighted by this development.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Looks like the Australians would like to be more like The Donald after all. Whodathunkit?

Scott Morrison is not like Donald, for which I am duly thankful to God.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Good Grief !!

Did Australian men remember they are men?

What a country!

A.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

That's called a START!

The longest journey begins with but a single step...

Arsenios

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I'm sure the conservatives in Australia are more like The Donald than the liberals are.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm sure the conservatives in Australia are more like The Donald than the liberals are.

I pray God that they are not like Donald, neither conservative nor liberal (USA terminology). As an aside in Australia the conservative parties are called The Liberal Party of Australia and The National Party of Australia while the left leaning parties are called The Australian Labor Party and The Greens

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Are you going to post endlessly about why you think your new president should be impeached?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Are you going to post endlessly about why you think your new president should be impeached?

No presidents here.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Remind me what you call your leader? Prime Minister? Can he be impeached yet?

He is not yet elected and there is no impeachment his party or the parliament would just dismiss him from office. If he committed a crime he'd be indicted, tried, and if found guilty sentenced. The PM is not above the law and his term of office does not protect him from criminal or civil law.

Top Bottom