Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
How do you feel about the controversy from 2012? Myself, I haven't seen that this company discriminates against them in hiring or is hostile to them as workers or customers - only they simply don't agree with the gay lifestyle. Should they be condemned for that - or is this PC overkill?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't see discrimination so I don't really care. I get rather tired of every little thing being turned into a political matter. It looks like just another part of the tolerance brigade, who accept anything as long as it agrees with them.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
I don't see discrimination so I don't really care. I get rather tired of every little thing being turned into a political matter. It looks like just another part of the tolerance brigade, who accept anything as long as it agrees with them.

Well, from a business standpoint - it pretty much put them on the map! I mean, in the Bible Belt at least - a franchise with them - is usually (under reasonable circumstances) sure fire profit!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, from a business standpoint - it pretty much put them on the map! I mean, in the Bible Belt at least - a franchise with them - is usually (under reasonable circumstances) sure fire profit!

I figure one reason they make a profit is because they sell a reasonable product at a reasonable price. When I look at fast food outlets the ones that appear to be the best known are the burger chains. Personally I refuse to eat anything from McDonalds because it's just garbage. I last tasted what they call food three years ago and all I could wonder is why people pay money for such trash, let alone stand in line to pay for it. Burger King isn't much better. A chain like Arby's at least offers a higher quality product but the price is just too high for what you get - a couple of sandwiches and drinks at the fast food joint can end up costing more than a sit down meal for two at a diner, even if a budget diner. And then Chick-Fil-A comes along, offering a product that doesn't hit you with a $25 bill for two people to have a modest meal and is something you might actually want to eat.

Political issues aside, I'd choose to eat at Chick-Fil-A. I've driven past numerous branches of other fast food chains, even when I've been hungry.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
I figure one reason they make a profit is because they sell a reasonable product at a reasonable price. When I look at fast food outlets the ones that appear to be the best known are the burger chains. Personally I refuse to eat anything from McDonalds because it's just garbage. I last tasted what they call food three years ago and all I could wonder is why people pay money for such trash, let alone stand in line to pay for it. Burger King isn't much better. A chain like Arby's at least offers a higher quality product but the price is just too high for what you get - a couple of sandwiches and drinks at the fast food joint can end up costing more than a sit down meal for two at a diner, even if a budget diner. And then Chick-Fil-A comes along, offering a product that doesn't hit you with a $25 bill for two people to have a modest meal and is something you might actually want to eat.

Political issues aside, I'd choose to eat at Chick-Fil-A. I've driven past numerous branches of other fast food chains, even when I've been hungry.

But it takes two combos, the main one, to fill a person up - and also the same with breakfast!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
But it takes two combos, the main one, to fill a person up - and also the same with breakfast!

Perhaps, but that's not much different to other restaurants. Admittedly when you drop $25 for two people at Arby's you feel reasonably full but even that doesn't last long. The few times I've eaten at McDonalds (and there are probably no more than about five times in the last decade or more) my recurring thought, aside from the appalling quality of what they sell, is that immediately after eating I've never felt as I've actually eaten anything at all.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How do you feel about the controversy from 2012? Myself, I haven't seen that this company discriminates against them in hiring or is hostile to them as workers or customers - only they simply don't agree with the gay lifestyle. Should they be condemned for that - or is this PC overkill?

Like any large number of people gay people differ one from the other so they have no life style that's common to all. The characterisation of a large group as having a life style that's allegedly 'bad' is just a way of being bigoted against them.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Like any large number of people gay people differ one from the other so they have no life style that's common to all. The characterisation of a large group as having a life style that's allegedly 'bad' is just a way of being bigoted against them.

I always assume "the gay lifestyle" relates more to their choice of sexual partner than any other aspect of their life. In that regard gay people are more or less the same.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
PC overkill, they should have the right to choose to follow what they believe is right. I do not condemn the gays but I also do not agree with them and feel it is God who will judge all I can do is follow the bible and try to point them in the right direction

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
I'm telling ya - "The Chick is gay!". :disgonbegood:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

and the controversy was about the owner's personal religious beliefs, as I recall, not anything really about Chick-fil-a, the restaurant chain or its policies.

It is therefore not about discrimination but, rather, the Left's insatiable need to deny freedom of speech and religion to everyone but those people who agree with them.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

What's to be interested in or not forgotten? The hater did his best to ruin another man--and his business--simply because he held different religious beliefs. And that campaign is ongoing.

But now he isn't quite as hateful as before BECAUSE OF the generosity of his victim. Are we supposed to think that suddenly "all's right with the world?"

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Well, as a side note - and sorry to sound strange, but if you look at the monopolization of women in Africa, a fact, it's no wonder many Africans are gay (African gays are a target of so-called hate groups supported by Chick-fil-a.).

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, as a side note - and sorry to sound strange, but if you look at the monopolization of women in Africa, a fact, it's no wonder many Africans are gay (African gays are a target of so-called hate groups supported by Chick-fil-a.).

Are they actually gay or are they merely looking for the only outlet that is available for their desires?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

And your inclusion of the term "so-called" is supposed to provide cover for the fact that the claim is not true???

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Wondering if that baloney is turkey-based or just the same old stuff?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
What's to be interested in or not forgotten? The hater did his best to ruin another man--and his business--simply because he held different religious beliefs. And that campaign is ongoing.

But now he isn't quite as hateful as before BECAUSE OF the generosity of his victim. Are we supposed to think that suddenly "all's right with the world?"

The thread in general seems to be the same narrative of a war between two sides - one Left and the other Right. I merely pointed out that the narrative is unsubstantiated by anyone in the thread thus far, and provided something, I don't know, factual?

All may not be "right" (small "r") but it's not the B.S. the of the same, tired narrative. Provide something factual and I'll listen

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Well, I was trying to explain to the Chainsaw Facebook Crowd - that maybe someone should talk to gays - rather than condemn them. How can they reach gays by simply bashing them? The whole scene was Christians into the "identity politics".

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The thread in general seems to be the same narrative of a war between two sides - one Left and the other Right. I merely pointed out that the narrative is unsubstantiated by anyone in the thread thus far, and provided something, I don't know, factual?

I cannot say where you are coming from, but the event or situation you chose to comment on to us here is not as represented. I think I am liable to puke the next time someone claims that here is a problem and both sides do it. The HuffPost article was merely a small twist on that theme.

The fact is that the Chick-fil-A controversy is not *both sides do it* or *its a general problem of our time* or anything like that.

As I said before, the truth is that the hater did his best to ruin another man--and his business--simply because he held different religious beliefs. And that campaign is ongoing, even if this one attacker has had something of a reconsideration about what he has done. How can that be overlooked??

Now he isn't quite as hateful as before but only because of the generosity of his victim. Are we supposed to think that suddenly "all's right with the world?" Well, this turn of events does not add up to such as that. The assault upon Christianity and freedom goes on, a rapprochement between two particular men not withstanding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom