• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Results 191 to 200 of 260

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: ROMANS 11 WHO IS THE WILD OLIVE TREE?

    1. #191
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Junior Member
      72
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      449
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      1,969
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      3,414
      Level
      18
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.07%
      Rep Power
      106
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      How about The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel. it is in the first chapter of the gospel according to saint Mark.
      That was Jesus preaching the gospel of the Kingdom not the gospel of salvation.

      The two have to be distinguished and understood in their own context.

      The gospel of salvation was not preached until after Pentecost.

      The gospel of the kingdom was preached before that time.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    2. #192
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Junior Member
      72
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      449
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      1,969
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      3,414
      Level
      18
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.07%
      Rep Power
      106
      YTG
      You are misquoting me. Trying to make it sound as though I believe in a works gospel. That is not correct.
      I said God gives us the desire to repent because He would not save a person unless He also provided repentance.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    3. #193
      YourTruthGod is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      1,017
      CH Cash
      4,425
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,745
      Level
      13
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.58%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post
      YTG
      You are misquoting me. Trying to make it sound as though I believe in a works gospel. That is not correct.
      I said God gives us the desire to repent because He would not save a person unless He also provided repentance.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Prove it that I did that. Quote exactly where I did that.

      I am doing no such thing. You have Calvin's beliefs and it is false.

    4. #194
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Junior Member
      72
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      449
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      1,969
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      3,414
      Level
      18
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.07%
      Rep Power
      106

      ROMANS 11 WHO IS THE WILD OLIVE TREE?

      Quote Originally Posted by YourTruthGod View Post
      Prove it that I did that. Quote exactly where I did that.

      I am doing no such thing. You have Calvin's beliefs and it is false.
      You said that I was saying that we must believe that God makes us do something before He saves us. I didn't say that

      I have Christian beliefs. I don't follow the teachings of men. I follow the teachings of Christ.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    5. #195
      YourTruthGod is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      1,017
      CH Cash
      4,425
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,745
      Level
      13
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.58%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post
      You said that I was saying that we must believe that God makes us do something before He saves us. I didn't say that

      I have Christian beliefs. I don't follow the teachings of men. I follow the teachings of Christ.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote me where I say what you claim.

    6. #196
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Itsabrannewday
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      18,109
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      30,463
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      47,823
      Level
      56
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      19.75%
      Rep Power
      768
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post
      That was Jesus preaching the gospel of the Kingdom not the gospel of salvation.

      The two have to be distinguished and understood in their own context.

      The gospel of salvation was not preached until after Pentecost.

      The gospel of the kingdom was preached before that time.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      One thing that constantly surprises me about Protestants is how many crazy gospels and messages they attribute to the new testament.

      Okay, you have at least two gospels now. Any more? Kingdom, Salvation, anything else?
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    7. #197
      YourTruthGod is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      1,017
      CH Cash
      4,425
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,745
      Level
      13
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.58%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post

      I have Christian beliefs. I don't follow the teachings of men. I follow the teachings of Christ.
      You didn't learn what you believe at a University?
      The beliefs you have are not in the scriptures.
      Give one scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

    8. #198
      MennoSota's Avatar
      MennoSota is offline Bronze Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      6,402
      CH Cash
      26,913
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      22,444
      Level
      41
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.53%
      Rep Power
      520
      Quote Originally Posted by YourTruthGod View Post
      You didn't learn what you believe at a University?
      The beliefs you have are not in the scriptures.
      Give one scripture that says God saves unbelievers.
      Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
      even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ
      óby grace you have been savedó
      There you go.
      Even when we were dead...God made us alive.
      That verse alone refutes you and proves that God saves unbelievers and makes them alive with Christ. It's right in your face, YTG. Yet, I expect you will squirm like a worm to get out and blame God for not writing the text exactly as you demand.
      If you deny this passage proves you wrong, you play the jester.

    9. #199
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Junior Member
      72
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      449
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      1,969
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      3,414
      Level
      18
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.07%
      Rep Power
      106
      Quote Originally Posted by YourTruthGod View Post
      You didn't learn what you believe at a University?
      The beliefs you have are not in the scriptures.
      Give one scripture that says God saves unbelievers.
      No I was taught how to study not what to study or believe!
      All the beliefs that I hold can be found in and backed up with Scripture



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    10. #200
      YourTruthGod is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      1,017
      CH Cash
      4,425
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,745
      Level
      13
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.58%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post
      No I was taught how to study not what to study or believe!
      All the beliefs that I hold can be found in and backed up with Scripture



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Then prove it to me and give the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •