Neighbors

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
If I ever had to move to another apartment I would look at a 55+ community and beg them to let me in!

Here i think it's 50+, some are 45+. I like the spot where I am is the thing. It's a good size for me. The suite isn't an apartment, but a ground level basement suite with the main part of the home above me. But my suite gets a lot of natural light, is really clean, and has a nice patio area to be a total vegetable if I want to without anyone seeing me :D

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you ever known prayers to silence a screaming child?

He could try burning incense and chanting as a means of silencing those above ;)

Oh, so your saying that God can't help with that? For whatever reason the Lord is allowing this trial to happen. Perhaps it is so that he will pray for that family? Have you ever thought that maybe God was up to something in the middle of this?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Oh, so your saying that God can't help with that? For whatever reason the Lord is allowing this trial to happen. Perhaps it is so that he will pray for that family? Have you ever thought that maybe God was up to something in the middle of this?

Trials don't happen to absolve personal responsibility. If that was true, many circumstances in my life would be quite different. I sense there may be some questioning of my motives and intent in the situation as well as my feelings toward this family. I understand and am empathetic toward the struggles of the mom with her kids. I also desire (and am entitled to) a life free from unreasonable disruption in my private space.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

I said that such prayers are unknown to me because they are may be unkind in intent and unresponsive to whatever may be causing the child to scream. The exact words I used were Have you ever known prayers to silence a screaming child? So I do not know what you think those words mean but they do not mean what you wrote.

I added that He could try burning incense and chanting as a means of silencing those above ;) and before that too is misconstrued it means that incense and chanting may alert the parents living above to the needs of their neighbour living below and then they may decide that they ought to respect the religious exercises of their neighbour below and maintain a low noise level.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trials don't happen to absolve personal responsibility. If that was true, many circumstances in my life would be quite different. I sense there may be some questioning of my motives and intent in the situation as well as my feelings toward this family. I understand and am empathetic toward the struggles of the mom with her kids. I also desire (and am entitled to) a life free from unreasonable disruption in my private space.

No, it doesn't absolve personal responsibility. And your entitled to want some peace and quiet where you live. I agree.

Top Bottom