Housewarming Gift

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
My son, age 25, is moving out on his own for the first time. Over the last few years for Christmas, I'd pick a room and get him gifts focused on that room. He has all he needs for a bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, dining. He wants to see his new place before he gets any furniture, to gauge for size and layout. He's doing that on Thursday and we will go to the thrift shops so he can find at least a chair or two. Then we move him on Friday. He has bedroom furniture and an office desk and chair for his computer.

What are some ideas for a housewarming gift?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm horrible at housewarming gifts but my sister-in-law always got us nice outside door mats! Everyone can use those, right? :) My husband is a Cubs fan so she got him one that we keep inside by the back door to wipe our feet.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
A multi-tool from www.leatherman.com never know when it will come in handy at the new place. A manly throw... I like the Blackhawks so I got huge throw that I like to fall asleep under. How about an Aerogarden, love mine. A nice wall clock.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My son, age 25, is moving out on his own for the first time.

CONGRATS!

Over the last few years for Christmas, I'd pick a room and get him gifts focused on that room. He has all he needs for a bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, dining. He wants to see his new place before he gets any furniture, to gauge for size and layout. He's doing that on Thursday and we will go to the thrift shops so he can find at least a chair or two. Then we move him on Friday. He has bedroom furniture and an office desk and chair for his computer.

What are some ideas for a housewarming gift?

... sounds like you've already done a LOT to help him! Great....

Maybe a gift card.... that empowers him to furnish is own home according to HIS desires and tastes? Or maybe a six pack of good beer for the refrigerator (every guy appreciates that, lol).

Top Bottom