Procedures or surgeries make you queasy?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was watching a bladder removal surgery on YouTube the other day...while eating lunch LOL...and thought to myself how odd I am.

I also enjoy watching the show Dr. Pimple Popper. Has anyone seen it?

Is there any type of surgery or procedure that you can't bear to watch? I'm good with watching almost anything but have a little kid wiggle a loose tooth in front of me and I want to vomit.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The only surgery I remember wanting was when my dad had his first knee surgery he played the video for us one time. My daughter passed out while watching it. It didn't bother me to watch it. We had to take my daughter to the emergency room because she had never passed out before.
Loose teeth don't bother me either. I pulled several of my son's teeth out when he was little. I'm sure he doesn't remember that now.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was watching a bladder removal surgery on YouTube the other day...while eating lunch LOL...and thought to myself how odd I am.

Is there any type of surgery or procedure that you can't bear to watch? I'm good with watching almost anything but have a little kid wiggle a loose tooth in front of me and I want to vomit.

I'm a bit weird like that. I absolutely, positively, detest anything that involves a needle going into me. But when I was handling boards and put an inch-long splinter in the side of my hand I took the end and pulled it out, then used my pocket knife to cut away some skin so I could get the rest out. When I cut myself on a wallpaper scraper I pinched it shut, cleaned and dressed it, and only then started to have a bit of a shock response. I didn't care much about the fact it was going to have stitches to close it up but having to have an injection first really bothered me. It's stupid, I know they don't really hurt but I hate needles.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I should put a disclaimer on this thread so people don't get sick reading it :sour:

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I hated needles and getting poked, not that I like it now but I can tolerate it because I've gotten used to getting poked and poking myself. I've been through several major surgeries and even woke up in the middle of one and talked with the surgeon until he told the anesthesiologist to shut me up. I've had machines and tubes attached to me for days. But still, I don't like to see surgeries on video or photos. I can take a needle, but I don't like to see anyone else get a shot. I've never been sickly until the last 10 years which made me stop my cycling, my running and my heavy workouts. And still, I don't watch "doctor shows".

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I hated needles and getting poked, not that I like it now but I can tolerate it because I've gotten used to getting poked and poking myself. I've been through several major surgeries and even woke up in the middle of one and talked with the surgeon until he told the anesthesiologist to shut me up. I've had machines and tubes attached to me for days. But still, I don't like to see surgeries on video or photos. I can take a needle, but I don't like to see anyone else get a shot. I've never been sickly until the last 10 years which made me stop my cycling, my running and my heavy workouts. And still, I don't watch "doctor shows".

I woke up during a surgery too! I didn't feel a thing but the doctor was yelling for her people to get me back under.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I woke up during a surgery too! I didn't feel a thing but the doctor was yelling for her people to get me back under.

Better that than what has occasionally been reported where the anasthesia wears off, leaving someone able to feel everything but not communicate that there's a problem.

Sometimes anasthesia doesn't work as expected on me. So far I've never needed anything more serious than some dental work and a few stitches, although a couple of times as a teenager my dentist refused to believe me when I told him I could feel him drilling my teeth, and then found some hours later that my mouth went all lop-sided the way it does when dental anasthesia takes effect. Evidently whatever he did was supposed to take effect within minutes but actually took several hours.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Better that than what has occasionally been reported where the anasthesia wears off, leaving someone able to feel everything but not communicate that there's a problem.

Sometimes anasthesia doesn't work as expected on me. So far I've never needed anything more serious than some dental work and a few stitches, although a couple of times as a teenager my dentist refused to believe me when I told him I could feel him drilling my teeth, and then found some hours later that my mouth went all lop-sided the way it does when dental anasthesia takes effect. Evidently whatever he did was supposed to take effect within minutes but actually took several hours.

My previous dentist would wait until he could jiggle my bottom lip. He would laugh every time while doing it too LOL But then he knew it was time to start working.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I had ingrown toe nails has a kid, I remember the doctor numbing my big toe and cutting into it, I was sitting up watching, it was so awesome!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My previous dentist would wait until he could jiggle my bottom lip. He would laugh every time while doing it too LOL But then he knew it was time to start working.

On the very rare occasions I visit the dentist I refuse to let them do anything until I'm satisfied that the area is properly numbed. One time I scratched the area with my fingernail and confirmed it was OK, at which point the dentist showed me a pointy-looking tool and told me she had just poked me with it and I hadn't noticed, so she figured it was good.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Being a nurse, I am good to go on watching any surgery or procedure. Not much makes me squeamish. I have seen a hysterectomy and a removal of gall bladder in real live as a couple of cesarean sections. Those were in nursing school. Don't work in surgery.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

My friend posted a video of that and I wanted to throw up. And usual nothing bothers me.

Top Bottom