• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Christian Advice Requested - Thread: Being okay with no friends?

megumi.theia is offline New Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      Quote Originally Posted by TurtleHare View Post
      If that group of friends aren't worth your time then it's okay to move on to greener pastures and don't give up hope and it might be that you've matured more than those old friends which is why you will connect with others later on in your life. Stick with your family and they'll support you and be there when you need them.
      Thank you!

I agree that God could heal my wounds with all my past experiences with these "friends". And that I can meet new friends to help me grow. I would actually prefer older and matured friends than me.

Andrew is offline Fisherofmen
      Mood:
      Awesome

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      54.87%
      I've always been an introvert but for a few years I was on add meds that made me very social and I got mixed up with the wrong people and began abusing my meds and with help from God I got off of them completely and well, I'm an introvert again lol... It's not all that bad actually, I enjoy being by myself and when friends visit I suck it up for a little bit and hang out but I usually end up waiting for them to leave lol.
      Im no jerk or anything, I do like people but I have been betrayed in the past and everyone I get close to usually hurts me and we have a falling away.
      I did push myself to visit a few friends last month and it wasn't too bad, we caught up and shared some music we've been working on (my friends and I are musicians) but that's probably it for a while.
      I enjoy this forum a lot because we are like minded and I love the people here and appreciate our conversations... I like theology but I don't know anyone personally that I can have theological conversations with.

3. Pray megumi.theia prayed
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (231,855 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.4%
      Quote Originally Posted by megumi.theia View Post
      Is it still depression if I'm just finding hard to trust anyone except for my family? And that experience with these friends in the past made me uninterested to reuniting with them again?

On the side note, making friends with older people, people who won't likely to have issues with me are much better. I'm around 20s and I prefer to be friends with female group around 30-40 years old.
      You hadn't mentioned in your OP that you were having difficulties trusting those friends. What caught my eye was that you had said after graduation you weren't speaking to any of them any more and I didn't know if that included your family and boyfriend? But you have clarified that to say it was only your friends you meant.

If your friends aren't the greatest of friends then yes, it's okay to get new ones.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

5. Pray megumi.theia prayed