ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Oh, wait a minute!

Waiting for my daughter. To get home from jury duty, the judge dismissed everyone because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

(Maybe I am bored...)

How was the Thai food anyway?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh, wait a minute!

Waiting for my daughter. To get home from jury duty, the judge dismissed everyone because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

(Maybe I am bored...)

How was the Thai food anyway?

Yummy! I had Pad Thai.

Wishing now that the Thai restaurant wasn't 45 minutes away! I want more.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
There's one in town here that's excellent. I've only been once, but it attracts a good crowd

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There's one in town here that's excellent. I've only been once, but it attracts a good crowd

I used to work two blocks from an amazing Thai restaurant. Sadly the prices were such I usually only went there when someone else was paying. I think in all the years I worked near it I went on my on tab maybe three times.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm waiting for a guy to come install the new garage door opener. I hate waiting for workers to show up. He better not ditch me.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The new garage door opener is installed!! Yay! The guy was late showing up but that's because he thought we lived in another area so did another customer first thinking we'd be nearby. We were actually close to where he first started out. He offered us a keypad entry but we declined because we wouldn't use it.

So I just finished my workout a bit late today.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm waiting for a guy to come install the new garage door opener. I hate waiting for workers to show up. He better not ditch me.

Just another reason to do the work yourself :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've been trimming surplus building foam from around some gaps I filled, so I can get insulation panels cut and fitted. Then I had a -EUREKA- moment regarding my windows. It seems whatever I do I have something of a draft and one of the windows, the one that has been troublesome to work with, gave me an idea. I figured if I have a gap between the wood and the concrete - i.e. around the window frame rather than around the window - then that could explain why it seems so hard to beat the cold air.

To test it I've dealt with four windows so far. It's a bit of a drag getting the air compressor in there to blow out absolutely everything from the corners, then the shop vac to gather up all the crud, then repeat with the air compressor until nothing more comes out, then the foam gun just about reaches the far corners so I can fill all the corners with foam. Once the foam cures I'm planning to screw some pieces of wood in there for some extra strength, probably spray some more foam to fill odd gaps, and fill the remaining voids with fiberglass.

It's also a bit of a drag hauling a heavy air compressor, shop vac, separator, and all the assorted hoses and cables, but it's good to get a load of the crud cleared up and cleaned out. And I've filled most of a black sack ready to go out with the garbage, which is good. When I'm pulling down endless lath and plaster it goes into rubble sacks that end up taken to landfill but when it's small scraps of this and that, dust, the chippings from doing battle with walls, scraps of foam cut away and the like, it all goes in a black sack and the nice garbage men take it away. Which is good, because it gets rid of it so it's not in my way, and saves me having to take it to the landfill.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just another reason to do the work yourself :)

Not this, no thanks! He changed out everything involved and did it in an hour. It's super quiet now!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not this, no thanks! He changed out everything involved and did it in an hour. It's super quiet now!

It's quicker to have a professional do the job, as long as they actually show up and really know what they are doing. I've had a few bad experiences with so-called "professionals" who turn up late and do a job so shoddy I could probably have done it better myself.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Laptop decided it was going to 'poop out' so I'm waiting to see if a reset will fix the issue. Not surprised as it has been a bit finicky lately.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trying to figure out what I want to eat for breakfast.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Well, laptop is "working" sort of, but it's flickering every ten seconds or so. I anticipate a screen of death soon

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Well, laptop is "working" sort of, but it's flickering every ten seconds or so. I anticipate a screen of death soon
Perhaps the Forest is speaking...[emoji48]
21e42c62e57f7abccf6bcf7259b7c914.jpg

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Took another walk in the woods. That's twice in two days. This time I explored some new trails, having found how two parts that should link actually link, I branched out a bit further. Now I don't smell very fresh, it's surprisingly warm in the sun.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter and I did a 1 mile walk around the block. I had already done a mile and a half this afternoon and if the sun hadn't been setting we would have done more loops but it was getting that night time chill outside. Now I'm toasty warm :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My walk was a little under 7 miles with about 850 feet of climbing. As it warms up and dries out I'm going to be doing my more strenuous walks up the side of the mountain soon.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
My walk was a little under 7 miles with about 850 feet of climbing. As it warms up and dries out I'm going to be doing my more strenuous walks up the side of the mountain soon.
Do you need a belay? [emoji41]

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not such good weather today so stayed out of the woods. Struggled a little with motivation so ended up doing a job on the house that doesn't particularly need to be done yet but was bothering me. There was a bit of armored cable that fed a switch to a light I've taken out, so I dug out the piece of cable from behind the wall and took the switch out completely. The cable isn't completely out - I can follow it to the point it disappears into a ceiling cavity and don't know where it goes from there. I've got a good idea but don't know for sure.

Then I took a nasty piece of old cable out of its hole in the wall and rerouted it so it just bypasses the hole. That meant I could put my drill into the hole to widen it for a piece of 14-gauge, and also drill through the wood above it so I can run the cable where it should go, rather than the horrible botch I've currently got. I may look to do that soon, just so I can get a load more of the nasty knob-and-tube out of the house. I'd rather like to have something to cut the armored cable so I could get rid of shorter lengths of it without having to trace everything, but they are quite expensive and it's hard to justify it for the minor convenience it would offer. I have a friend who is an electrician so maybe he'll have something I can borrow.

For good measure I sprayed a small amount of foam into a couple of spots I missed previously. The noise is better but there's still a seriously long way to go. I may end up taking some of the flashing off the outside of the house so I can get something into the gaps from the outside as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom