Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Good morning all, I’ve slept about 13 hours last night, breakfasting on a peanut butter sandwich and my morning coffee.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Good morning! Going to chant at church today!

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, enjoying a house blend hot coffee. Not sure what lunch will be today. Doing aroma therapy and music therapy till dinner and bedtime tonight.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Struggled with motivation this afternoon, not least because I don't like to get filthy after cleaning up for the day, but spent the best part of two hours grinding the wall in my work room. I thought the grinding was done but found a few places where my panels won't fit, so got to grind some more. I stopped because the light was failing and it's hard to work in my own shadow. Tomorrow I can finish the grinding and hopefully get some panels fitted.

After I stopped grinding I filled a couple of spaces where I'd ripped out mortar and left gaps in the wall. Hopefully that will set overnight before I get busy with the grinder again. It will be really good if I can get the insulation panels fitted in the next couple of days and, once I'm done throwing fine concrete dust into the air, I can look at getting the fiberglass put into the ceiling. That will be a nice piece of progress, and mean it won't get so cold in that room any more.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 8 hours sleep last night, having an apple cinnamon bread for breakfast and my morning coffee.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm getting ready to go out Christmas shopping again. My parents gave me some clothing ideas and I have a Kohls $5 off as well as $10 off $25 purchase plus 20% off so I need to find things that they will like!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sipping a coffee before getting some working clothes on and running my grinder some more. Hoping I can get a lot of progress on the walls and fitting panels done today. Then I can think about getting fiberglass into the ceiling and fitting the windows properly (I had someone in to fit the windows but it turns out I might as well have hired a monkey to do the job). My friend who I'm hoping will help me with the drywalling is away for a couple of weeks, so I want to have a major push forward and be ready to go by the time he is back.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, sipping a regular McDonald’s coffee. Lunch is leftovers with orange juice. Doing aroma therapy and music therapy till dinner and hitting the bay tonight.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Was traveling all morning and early afternoon. Due to a flight delay I literally had no time at all between my connecting flight. 5 more minutes and I would have been too late. I got home and did some laundry and rested for a while. Waiting to hear back from mom about how my dad's tests went.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 11 hours sleep last night, enjoying my usual breakfast and my morning coffee.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Slept in a bit this morning because it's raining and will turn to snow sometime later.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wishing it was a bit warmer so I could work more comfortably. I had to cut short the grinding yesterday afternoon so I could clean up and go to meet some people, and now it's intensely cold in the room. I'm not sure whether to cut the rest of the floor away from the attic and try to get at least some fiberglass into place and some more panels fitted, or leave it a couple of days until it's at least marginally warmer in there.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, enjoying an iced gingerbread spice coffee and a dill pickle crisp. Lunching on leftovers with orange juice. Doing aroma therapy and music therapy till dinner and heading to bed tonight.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Struggling with motivation today so not hugely productive. Walk around town with my wife, then got to clearing some stuff out of my work room. I had a bench in there that really didn't need to be there, so I took it apart and up to the attic. Then I got some fiberglass stapled into the ceiling joists. Not all of the work by any means, but about as much as I'm likely to get done today. Now it's time to clean up ready for a meeting at church this evening. Maybe tomorrow it won't be brutally cold, maybe I can get up there and lay some more fiberglass.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 11 hours sleep last night, breakfasting on my usual and my morning coffee.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've been having a difficult week. I can't seem to get my act together. I think stress might be affecting my memory a little. I am really worried about my dad. Now the power goes out this morning at the house. It is suppose to be on the power company said within the next two hours or so. I'm glad it didn't go out while we were asleep so our alarm clocks would go off. Though my wife uses her phone as an alarm.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've been having a difficult week. I can't seem to get my act together. I think stress might be affecting my memory a little. I am really worried about my dad. Now the power goes out this morning at the house. It is suppose to be on the power company said within the next two hours or so. I'm glad it didn't go out while we were asleep so our alarm clocks would go off. Though my wife uses her phone as an alarm.

Stress can do a lot of things to the body! Praying things go well for your dad!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Sorry to hear this friend

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, enjoying an iced cappuccino and a hot latte. I've lost my phone but my Macbook is fixed, so I can actually see the themes. Lunching on leftovers with orange juice. Doing aroma therapy and music therapy till dinner and dozing off tonight.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got back from running some errands. I had hoped to figure an easy to way use 16" fiberglass to fill an 18" space but in the end decided to get some 24" fiberglass and just trim it to size. The only other would have involved using a lot of supports and cutting 18" lengths of material to lay perpendicular to the joists. Didn't care to try that, so trimming wider fiberglass with paper backing and stapling it into place from below seems like an easier option. Sadly the temperature in the room is in the 30s because of the lack of ceiling, so it might have to wait until tomorrow to actually do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom