... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Went for my walk yesterday. My Fitbit is still temperamental but decided it would sync again. I'm looking at what best to replace it - I've lost faith in Fitbit as a company because from what I can see their trackers are either wristbands with nasty plasticky bands (I really wanted to like the original Charge HR but hated every single aspect of it) or they don't track floors (some genius decided to replace the small and neat One with the bulkier Inspire and remove functionality). Their new Android software stinks, and if you need to manually enter something you can do everything except enter floors climbed. It's like they didn't think through much of anything. The number of bad reviews their products get does little to inspire confidence, and many of them align with my experience with the Charge - 4 failed with the exact same fault within two years, and Fitbit's helpful customer service wouldn't do anything more except offer a 25% discount if I wanted to try a fifth one, bringing their price down to only a little bit more than Amazon's standard price.

Now I'm trying to figure out what best to replace it with. Some of the Garmin products look nice although they are also wristbands. I haven't worn a wristwatch in a while now, although I do like watches and own several different ones. My main concerns with a wristband are firstly that they would more or less replace all my watches and I'm not thrilled with that idea, and that I don't particularly want an expensive tracker on my wrist if I'm bashing up the house or reaching my hands through the cellulose under the floor in the attic or something.

The main benefit of a wrist band seems to be that it can monitor heart rate, but some of them get a lot of reviews that the heart rate isn't accurate which kinda defeats the point. If I really want to measure my heart rate I've got a chest band that does that. Sleep monitoring would be interesting but having a chunky thing on my wrist is likely to disturb me. One of many things I hated about the Charge HR was having a thing on my wrist at all as I slept, not to mention the way it would keep lighting up like a Christmas tree if I stirred in the night.

My other issue with so many of these products is that they do so many things I'm really not interested in. I don't care about downloading music to my watch, I don't need my watch beeping at me every time my phone gets a notification, I really just want something I can clip on my pocket and forget about that will count my steps, measure floors climbed, and give me an idea of how many calories I'm burning. I may yet end up with a cheaper wristband and then customise a wristband so I can clip it on my belt or something.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Going to the orchard to get fresh made apple cider donuts!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

They weren't hot like I wanted. Back home we'd get them right off the conveyor belt! I warmed one up in the microwave so it was okay.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They weren't hot like I wanted. Back home we'd get them right off the conveyor belt! I warmed one up in the microwave so it was okay.
Sounds wonderful and yes warm would be heavenly

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got back from my regular loop walk. I've taken to doing the slightly longer loop - about 8.5 miles with just shy of 2000 feet of climbing in it. I don't know what was going on today but I felt like I was on fire - previously I'd thought it was pretty swift to get to the end of the first trail in 55 minutes but today I did it in 45. Then the loop that normally takes me three hours came in more like 2h40. No idea why I was blasting through so much faster, but it was an awesome buzz.

Now off out for a well earned beer. My wife is driving :)

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Relaxing and listening to music! On the internet oh BTW!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just finished up doing an assessment for a client and paperwork. Fun!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Watching a series on Netflix and praying for more rain since we need it.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My wife is watching old movies and I just got done with work

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got back from a swift beer with a friend. Just had a couple of beers, and put the world to rights.

Before that I got to fiddling with trying to spray foam into air gaps around the room I'm working on. That was interesting, trying to get a rigid spray foam gun into a tight space. Eventually I used a piece of pipe on the end of my foam gun, which was far from satisfactory but kinda sorta got the job done. Sadly some oversprayed, so now I've got a couple of patches of foam visible from outside and I need to figure out how to deal with them. I may need to call my friendly roofer to finish the job because some parts are all but inaccessible to me, and while he's on a big ladder he can clean up the overspray.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Going for a walk soon this morning since it's cold outside and sunny.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
went to the grocery store and forgot my phone in the cart. I went back a few minutes later and it was still there. I'm glad nobody picked it up

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got a couple of admin-y things to see to, then going to hit the mountains. Some of the trails at my local park are a bit overgrown so I'm going to see if they can lend me something so I can walk through and clear out a load of stuff. Technically it's the park's job but they are short staffed and I'd rather volunteer an hour or two to help than fight through the overgrown brush every time I hike that trail.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Clearing the trails took longer than I expected. After about an hour and a half I'd gone through one tank of gas so went back and they filled me up again. Then I cleared out the next section, so the parts I hike the most are now as clear as I could get them with a weed eater. Finally on the way back I routed down a section I hadn't covered yet, and cleared it until I ran out of gas again and called it a day.

All in about 6 miles of walking over a little under four hours. My arms are going to ache tomorrow. The gas-powered weed eater is so much more powerful than my battery powered one.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Anyone have any interesting articles for me to read while I'm in the waiting room?
I've been bored mindlessly hitting random over and over again on wikipedia, I found out that 95% of world wide knowledge is sports based

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team