Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
==============================================================================================

Post #119 (Me):

So, so much for that unfounded accusation.” (I had been accused in Post #117 of “the blanket rejection of all denominations”. To which I had replied in Post #119: “That leads to the much-avoided question: "Which of the church groups within Christendom is the one, the only one if any, that is actually not mocking Him?"”

I would make a beeline for that, could it be identified.

==============================================================================================

It is so sad that generally speaking within Christendom, the messenger must be brought into disrepute if the message he or she brings (in this case, the inarguable prominent presence or the inarguable prominent absence of claimed Scripture support for particular cherished beliefs) cannot be honestly contradicted.

Case in point: atpollard in Post #120:
Not unfounded, but from your own lips ...
Was it my pointing out yet again that modern-day denominationalism has its roots in the 1 Corinthians 3:1-4 situation? Didn’t the Apostle Paul label such budding denominationalism as carnal?
Do you, or do you not, reject denominationalism as ‘carnal’ and therefore reject all denominations?
That is all I accused you of ... what you yourself claimed.

For the purposes of Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:1-6 and our purposes here, the following definition of denominationalism is pertinent: “an unwarranted assignment of personal priorities to individuals, organisations or belief systems, that demeans God and His Holy Word and His revealed Will for us, individually”.

That pointed definition necessarily excludes any genuine group (whether bearing a name or not) that is actually obeying the Simple, Original, Apostolic Gospel. (1 Peter 4:17)

I therefore most definitely do reject the aberrations fitting the descriptions of “denominations", that demonstrably promote beliefs and practices of pagan (non-Scriptural) origin. For good reason!

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

Post #119 (Me):

So, so much for that unfounded accusation.” (I had been accused in Post #117 of “the blanket rejection of all denominations”. To which I had replied in Post #119: “That leads to the much-avoided question: "Which of the church groups within Christendom is the one, the only one if any, that is actually not mocking Him?"”

I would make a beeline for that, could it be identified.

It is so sad that generally speaking within Christendom, the messenger must be brought into disrepute if the message he or she brings (in this case, the inarguable prominent presence or the inarguable prominent absence of claimed Scripture support for particular cherished beliefs) cannot be honestly contradicted.

Case in point: atpollard in Post #120:

For the purposes of Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:1-6 and our purposes here, the following definition of denominationalism is pertinent: “an unwarranted assignment of personal priorities to individuals, organisations or belief systems, that demeans God and His Holy Word and His revealed Will for us, individually”.

That pointed definition necessarily excludes any genuine group (whether bearing a name or not) that is actually obeying the Simple, Original, Apostolic Gospel. (1 Peter 4:17)

I therefore most definitely do reject the aberrations fitting the descriptions of “denominations", that demonstrably promote beliefs and practices of pagan (non-Scriptural) origin. For good reason!

Talk about pretzeling...

Top Bottom