Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false report claiming two men attacked him last month, a Chicago Police Department spokesman tweeted Wednesday night.

Anthony Guglielmi said charges were approved by the Cook County State's Attorney Office and "Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

Filing a false police report is disorderly conduct, according to Illinois code. A class 4 felony is punishable by one to three years,*the code says. -CNN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...tertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Meanwhile Nick Sandmann the kid who has been harassed and threatened over a Washington Post article that painted him in a bad light is now sueing the Washington Post for $250 million... "Sandmann’s lawyers are seeking $50 million in compensatory damages, related to damages to emotional distress and his reputation, and $200 million in punitive damages."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...is-message-for-weaponized-washington-post.amp

Seems like the race war that these instigators want is actually turning into a legit and legally grounded fight against Fake News and False Allegations...

Thou shalt not bear false witness!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sick of people lying to cause drama and I'm sick of the news jumping on it and making a spectacle. I hope the consequences will discourage others from doing the same any time soon.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Let's see if Fox has the backbone to boot this character from Empire the way other networks fired Roseanne Barr and Paula Deen for much less. I'm not expecting it to happen, now that Fox is no longer a conservative outfit.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Charlatans have been around for generations and was it not Barnum who quoted there is a sucker born every minute. If there is a sucker then there is the one who is deceiving in the first place and that is not very encouraging.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sick of people lying to cause drama and I'm sick of the news jumping on it and making a spectacle. I hope the consequences will discourage others from doing the same any time soon.

I wonder what consequences Jessie Smollett will face for it. In the UK it's not entirely unheard of for people filing completely fabricated police reports to be charged with wasting police time and I've seen a few cases where they have gone to jail for it.

With the Nick Sandmann case, given there's no way of even beginning to quantify the potential damage that reporting could have had on the life of a boy, how does one determine compensation if the newspaper is found guilty? How can a court quantify, at this time, the potential impact on his employability when it potentially ceases to be about how productive he is as a person but more about whether he will trigger tidal waves of hatred from the silly fringes of the political left?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
While we are discussing this issue how about the downright lies and fabrications that politicians tell all the time and affect so many lives? I think habitual liars should not be able to hold office period.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
While we are discussing this issue how about the downright lies and fabrications that politicians tell all the time and affect so many lives? I think habitual liars should not be able to hold office period.
Can you be more specific? Calling politicians liars is a very broad statement albeit generally true, I think it's why they are hated so much to begin with ;)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Can you be more specific? Calling politicians liars is a very broad statement albeit generally true, I think it's why they are hated so much to begin with ;)
I dont want to get specific for fear of being seen leaning one way or the other on this as this issue crosses all party lines and most are guilty of it. Are they so afraid that the American people cant handle the real truth?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I dont want to get specific for fear of being seen leaning one way or the other on this as this issue crosses all party lines and most are guilty of it. Are they so afraid that the American people cant handle the real truth?

Some lie to avoid being put in jail! Some lie to try to sway people to their point of view. Some lie because they're born liars.

Top Bottom