Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
If you had one month to live, how would you spend it? (No, I'm not dying! It just came to mind LOL)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess it depends on if I had good health the whole time during that month. There are a few things I would like to see such as the Grand Canyon and stuff like that. I might just travel some. I have never been on a cruise and have always wanted to do that.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I would spend as much time as humanly possible with my immediate family if I found out I only had one month to live. They would want to spend time with me in return and I think that it helps the grieving period if you know you tried to connect at the end before a beloved family member moves on.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess it depends on if I had good health the whole time during that month. There are a few things I would like to see such as the Grand Canyon and stuff like that. I might just travel some. I have never been on a cruise and have always wanted to do that.

I've been on one cruise and LOVED it!! My husband and I went with a big group of friends so each day it was like I paired up someone different from the group to do various things with...even if it was just standing around with a 70 year old man watching the dolphins dancing in the water! I can't wait for the group to do another cruise someday...but not sure I would want Carnival again.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would spend as much time as humanly possible with my immediate family if I found out I only had one month to live. They would want to spend time with me in return and I think that it helps the grieving period if you know you tried to connect at the end before a beloved family member moves on.

I'd want to spend my last days with family too! Do you live close to your immediate family?

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Live each day as if it is your very last...

Even each moment...

Arsenios

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Of course I would spend it with family and friends. Maybe a cruise (as I love them) but Jordan wouldn't want to go.

Fullmoon

Religious Affiliation
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
I would move back in with mum, spend a lot of time in the campervan travelling around the coast. I'd go to gigs, and hope my deeds in life will be enough to take my soul into one of the halls (Norse)

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I think I wrote this before on this forum, but it's good. This was the topic on The Opra Winfrey Show and she went into her audience to poll them and ask the question. My former pastor happened to be in the audience and she raised the mic to him and he said, "he would move in with his mother in-law, it would be the longest month of his life", on national TV!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would move back in with mum, spend a lot of time in the campervan travelling around the coast. I'd go to gigs, and hope my deeds in life will be enough to take my soul into one of the halls (Norse)

I "Liked" your post because of the part about your mom. That sounds really nice!

Fullmoon

Religious Affiliation
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Love her to bits. Couldn't think of anyone else I would rather spend my last month with.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you had one month to live, how would you spend it? (No, I'm not dying! It just came to mind LOL)

This is an interesting question. There are a few things I'd like to do but fitting them all into a month could be expensive, and part of my concern would be to make sure my wife was provided for after I was gone. Of course if she also had one month to live then I wouldn't worry so much about burning through resources - if my estate can't pay my bills when I'm gone it's just too bad for the lenders.

I'd really like to see Alaska, Montana, more of Scandinavia (I'd really like to see the islands way off the north of Norway), and maybe the Orient. I just don't enjoy air travel much and that many flights in a premium cabin could be a little too firey as far as burning through resources goes. Maybe at the end of the month I would have a wallet full of maxed out credit cards :)

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

I had this question in another context this week. I don't think I'd do much different with the exception of letting those close to me know how much I love them and care about them. My dad was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia about 25 years ago and wasn't given much hope. He has been doing well as part of a long-term study of a different type of treatment - much longer than was given to him. He was fortunate to have been selected, but still struggles - especially if he becomes sick and his immune system is compromised. But he seems to pull through well.

This video is just over three minutes. It's worth the time. Carpe Diem - Seize the Day:

Top Bottom