Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I thought I had an ear infection but my doctor looked and saw no problems...so I realized it isn't my ear but my jaw causing some weird discomfort. It's not true pain but it is uncomfortable. I notice it at night and after I do a lot of singing. So I have been sleeping on my back to protect my jaw and not talking or singing much at all and it's helping.

TMJ is the temporomandibular joint on each side of the jaw. It can become inflamed and now I'm wondering if it's happening because I have Hashimoto's and if I eat the wrong foods I get inflammation. The foods that cause inflammation for me are chocolate (which I have an allergy to but can't give it up at Halloween or Christmas very well), soy, and dairy.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I need to wear a night guard. For me it is stress induced and clenching or grinding causes it to flare up. My guard is a custom one

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I used to wear a night guard and I paid over $300 for mine because insurance wouldn't cover it as it wasn't needed for bruxism. I discovered that it was the night guard throwing off my jaw alignment and night and now that I don't wear it I've healed considerably. I still have to be careful with singing too much or chewing very chewy things like caramel.

Top Bottom