Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
With the exception of this past Sunday I've been good at keeping up with my 10,000 steps. Some days are definitely easier than others and I find if I need to do any type of yard work that since our yard is so large that the steps accumulate a lot quicker! It's when I'm running errands that I have a difficult time catching up on steps and feel worn out by the end of the day.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Very rare times still that I don't get my 10,000 steps in!!

I have an appointment before Christmas with my surgeon and I'm going to ask him if he will give me permission to start losing some weight. It's been 2 years since my tongue surgery and soon to be 2 years since my last thyroid surgery too. I'm adjusting to my thyroid hormone well enough that I think I want to try to lose at least 5 pounds. I know it will alter the way my body receives my hormone so I have to go about this carefully.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We were gone for a week visiting family and friends and it was too cold to do any walking outside except for 1 day so I used the hotel's gym equipment (treadmill and recumbent bike). I really needed to work off all that good pizza we were eating!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Amazingly enough I've been succeeding in finishing my 10,000 steps a day even over the holiday! I'm really happy that my pants still fit even though we ate a ton of bad food. Can't wait until the goodies are finished up although I might just refreeze the cookies that aren't getting eaten.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I didn't get my 10,000 steps in yesterday. My husband bought an elliptical and I had to assemble it so crawling around the basement floor for over 3 hours just didn't get me my steps. I walked for 2 miles after that but still didn't get what I needed and my legs were sore. Other than that I've been doing well at getting my steps in.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was doing great with my 10,000 daily steps and then when I had to drive back to see my mother and she passed I never even put on my step counter. I have no idea how many steps I got the past week or so but I put it on yesterday (I forgot at first) and made 9,000 plus steps. Today I'll get to 10,000 for sure. I'm just so tired after my trip.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's been a while since I posted in here but I've been able to get out most days to do my 10,000 steps and I feel that by doing so I've strengthened my lungs a great deal. Maybe I'll be ready for that virus if I'm good and strong.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Most of my 10,000 + daily steps are done outside since we've been having good weather and it's been great walking to see the various farm animals in my town.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There have been a few days when I haven't been able to do my 10,000 steps or haven't had the energy because I've done other things where my step counter didn't catch all my activity. I had a biopsy 3 weeks ago and it's been hard to get my walking in now so I'm only at 1 and a half miles at a time instead of being able to do 3 all at once.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There have been a few days when I haven't been able to do my 10,000 steps or haven't had the energy because I've done other things where my step counter didn't catch all my activity. I had a biopsy 3 weeks ago and it's been hard to get my walking in now so I'm only at 1 and a half miles at a time instead of being able to do 3 all at once.

3 miles is 10,000 steps for you? You must take very short steps :) For me that many steps is more like 5 miles - my regular walking loop is just over 5 miles and usually counts as something like 9,600 steps.

My wife and I have done our walk around town almost every day for nearly two months now. My tracker offers badges for hitting your step goal for 1, 7, 15, 30 and 60 consecutive days. Despite the amount of walking I have yet to get the 60 day badge because every attempt has been thwarted by something, usually a single day, where the weather is bad enough that we don't get out. There's also a badge for hitting 10,000 steps for 30 days and I think I'm 19 days into that, having fallen marginally short on one day nearly three weeks ago.

Sometimes doing the same loop gets a bit tedious. There are several other loops I've worked out on the map but they all increase the distance quite significantly. When it cools down a bit I want to explore joining a load of them together. My step record since I bought my current tracker is something like 23,000 and I want to push that higher. WIth my old Fitbit I got the badge for 40,000 daily steps and I'd like to push that higher. Where I used to live was mostly flat, and if I'd had a tracker back then there were days I'd have gone over 50,000 steps.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
3 miles is 10,000 steps for you? You must take very short steps :) For me that many steps is more like 5 miles - my regular walking loop is just over 5 miles and usually counts as something like 9,600 steps.

My wife and I have done our walk around town almost every day for nearly two months now. My tracker offers badges for hitting your step goal for 1, 7, 15, 30 and 60 consecutive days. Despite the amount of walking I have yet to get the 60 day badge because every attempt has been thwarted by something, usually a single day, where the weather is bad enough that we don't get out. There's also a badge for hitting 10,000 steps for 30 days and I think I'm 19 days into that, having fallen marginally short on one day nearly three weeks ago.

Sometimes doing the same loop gets a bit tedious. There are several other loops I've worked out on the map but they all increase the distance quite significantly. When it cools down a bit I want to explore joining a load of them together. My step record since I bought my current tracker is something like 23,000 and I want to push that higher. WIth my old Fitbit I got the badge for 40,000 daily steps and I'd like to push that higher. Where I used to live was mostly flat, and if I'd had a tracker back then there were days I'd have gone over 50,000 steps.

No, 3 miles is not even close to my 10,000 steps but it's the main walk that I do that is done at once. The rest of my steps come from doing things around the house and the yard on most days. We have 1 acre of land so just walking to the garden and back gets me a couple hundred easy and when I go out there multiple times carrying the water container then I get a lot of steps in.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, 3 miles is not even close to my 10,000 steps but it's the main walk that I do that is done at once. The rest of my steps come from doing things around the house and the yard on most days. We have 1 acre of land so just walking to the garden and back gets me a couple hundred easy and when I go out there multiple times carrying the water container then I get a lot of steps in.

Ah, that makes sense. I often tease my wife because she takes shorter steps than I do (naturally, being shorter than I am) so if we do the same walk her tracker counts more steps than my tracker does. Of course that means any time we're doing any form of steps challenge she always wins, except on the weeks when I go on a long walk and she stays home. Then I can chalk up a big enough lead that her shorter steps can't catch up :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow, I haven't posted here in a year! The reason is because I still, for the most part, keep up with 10,000 daily steps!!

My goal this year is to get my surgery and then after recovery work my way to a little bit more if my knees can handle it.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I watched a few of the walking videos I used to post on here and refreshed my memory of some of the movements so now I incorporate those while I get my 10,000 daily steps. It's been too cold to walk outside.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It was really easy getting my 10,000 steps in today with a nice 3 mile hike at the county park. Doing stuff around the house after really finished up the missing steps.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've set my step goal to 5000 on the basis it's a goal I can still hit on a day with horizontal rain. I'm currently at a 291 day streak. For most of those days I've got 10,000 steps or more, but there have been a few days when the weather and other factors have meant getting the full 10k hasn't happened.

One issue with looking purely at a step count is that when I run a route my stride length is longer. Usually when walking my stride length is about 30 inches but when doing my run/walk patterns it's more like 39 inches. That means I get around the route with fewer steps so when I run my 5-mile route I still end up needing some extra steps to make it to 10,000. The more of the route I run, the fewer steps it counts.

I plan to see what pace I can achieve around my 10-mile route. I've never run that route before - I've only walked it a fairly small number of times. It will be interesting to see how much of it I can run and how much I end up walking. Depending on where the hills are and how steep they are I may even shave a little off my 10k personal best.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@tango you should do some running in place on the days when you're locked inside due to bad weather. It will get those steps up and you're still getting good movement to get your heart rate up.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@tango you should do some running in place on the days when you're locked inside due to bad weather. It will get those steps up and you're still getting good movement to get your heart rate up.

Running in place doesn't really work for me. Not only is it really tedious but the floor doesn't really like me jumping up and down. I live in an older house and if I jump up and down things rattle.

Top Bottom