(28,755,278 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      That's hilarious! You should be getting paid
      I often think the company that makes the local trail maps should be paying me, I think I've generated quite a few sales from them through nothing more than talking to random people I encounter on the trails. Last time I met a couple hiking we got talking about maps and I recommended the one I use, and when I got back to the park office the administrator there said how a couple had come in saying a guy they met on the trail said they needed a particular map and she wondered if it was me.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

2. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
      tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (28,755,278 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20%
      Just did my hike again. When I found the trailhead for the descending trail the other day I noticed someone had put a piece of ribbon around a nearby tree to mark it, so I could find it easily this time. I cut a little time off, clocking 167 active minutes this time. It felt like a good walk, hard work but it felt like I was able to maintain a steadier pace for longer. Interestingly this time it reported a slightly lesser distance - more like 8.4 miles when I'd always thought it was nearer to 9. Maybe I just took more longer strides this time.

This week I've been in a "workweek hustle" challenge with a couple of friends, and getting those two hikes in has opened up a nice big lead over them. I also chalked up over 1,500 floors this month, which is my best ever. Funny to think that since the start of the month I've averaged more than 50 floors per day, even if 370 of them were on two distinct days.

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (509,864 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.22%
      You need to make your own maps and sell them! Too bad Rens isn't around, she's the map Queen!
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Valued Contributor
      Married

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (28,755,278 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20%
      You need to make your own maps and sell them! Too bad Rens isn't around, she's the map Queen!
      Making maps with enough detail to be useful would be quite an undertaking. If nothing else getting all the contours isn't a trivial process, then all the roads and trails. I have occasionally considered approaching the makers of the maps I use to see if they would be interested in paying me on a freelance basis to hike trails and submit GPS track logs. I never did that yet because I don't know that I ever want hiking to become something I have to do rather than something I want to do.

6. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
      Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (509,864 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      Making maps with enough detail to be useful would be quite an undertaking. If nothing else getting all the contours isn't a trivial process, then all the roads and trails. I have occasionally considered approaching the makers of the maps I use to see if they would be interested in paying me on a freelance basis to hike trails and submit GPS track logs. I never did that yet because I don't know that I ever want hiking to become something I have to do rather than something I want to do.
      But think of the extra cash!
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Valued Contributor
      Married

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (28,755,278 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20%
      But think of the extra cash!
      I suspect the cash it would take to make the map in the first place would be more than the cash I'd get from selling them. The ones I use are pretty well respected, and it's really hard to imagine doing a better job of it than they have.

If hiking turned from a passion into a job it would mean some extra cash, but it would also very likely take away from the enjoyment of hiking where and when I wanted to do it. I wouldn't want to be in a place where I found a trail that was like a tick-infested swamp but had to hike it anyway because that's what the boss needed extra detail about.

Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (509,864 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.22%
      With the exception of 1 day where I was in the car driving around most of the day I've been achieiving 10,000-12,000 steps. Most leaning toward the lower end because of things going on around here and I haven't had the opportunity to walk more.

Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (509,864 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.22%
      Still maintaining my steps and added this video to get past 10,000

Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (509,864 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.22%
      Up until we left to go to our niece's wedding I was managing 10,000 steps a day. I didn't take my pedometer to South Carolina with me so I have no idea how many steps I got but my feet hurt and I was up and down flights of stairs for many days! I'm guessing over 20,000 steps each day from the fatigue in my feet and legs.

Today I have my pedometer on and once the rain ends I'll go outside and do a few loops on my block for walking.

Administrator
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (509,864 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.22%
      Doing my 10,000 steps daily and did this video today too: