Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (13,749,070 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.1%
      Gradually getting there. Been out hiking a few times this year. So far nothing truly monstrous - I did one hike of about 12 miles last week, a 9-mile loop a couple of times and aside from that most of them have been one of my easier go-to hikes that run about 6 miles. I need to check out the trails at the far side of the mountains because I'm keen to try a longer walk - I'm thinking it would be 18-20 miles - that would take me over multiple ridges and end up at a pizza restaurant I rather like. I think if I walk 20 miles through the woods and mountains I'll have earned a pizza.

What's really nice is that my wife has taken to joining me on some of the less strenuous hikes. It's nice to have her with me.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

2. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (303,518 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.37%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      Gradually getting there. Been out hiking a few times this year. So far nothing truly monstrous - I did one hike of about 12 miles last week, a 9-mile loop a couple of times and aside from that most of them have been one of my easier go-to hikes that run about 6 miles. I need to check out the trails at the far side of the mountains because I'm keen to try a longer walk - I'm thinking it would be 18-20 miles - that would take me over multiple ridges and end up at a pizza restaurant I rather like. I think if I walk 20 miles through the woods and mountains I'll have earned a pizza.

What's really nice is that my wife has taken to joining me on some of the less strenuous hikes. It's nice to have her with me.
      I might have asked you this before but do you have walking poles?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (13,749,070 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.1%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      I might have asked you this before but do you have walking poles?
      My wife likes to use a pole, more to help her feel steadier on uneven terrain than anything else. She doesn't like particularly uneven terrain. I'm more used to it, and generally more comfortable moving over it. I think I've got faster instincts if I stand on something that moves - my natural instinct is to counterbalance the movement while her instinct is to freeze, which isn't always helpful.

I don't get on with poles, I've found they cause me more trouble than they solve. Most instructions say you should always use two poles rather than just one. I've never liked using two poles and find my hiking is just as easy if not easier without a pole than with it. On a really long or really rocky hike I'd consider taking one, it's just that they are awkward to do much with during the times I don't want to be using it. It doesn't neatly fit anywhere, and if I don't want it in my hand I'm kinda stuck.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (303,518 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.37%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      My wife likes to use a pole, more to help her feel steadier on uneven terrain than anything else. She doesn't like particularly uneven terrain. I'm more used to it, and generally more comfortable moving over it. I think I've got faster instincts if I stand on something that moves - my natural instinct is to counterbalance the movement while her instinct is to freeze, which isn't always helpful.

I don't get on with poles, I've found they cause me more trouble than they solve. Most instructions say you should always use two poles rather than just one. I've never liked using two poles and find my hiking is just as easy if not easier without a pole than with it. On a really long or really rocky hike I'd consider taking one, it's just that they are awkward to do much with during the times I don't want to be using it. It doesn't neatly fit anywhere, and if I don't want it in my hand I'm kinda stuck.
      My husband has one walking stick and I've never thought to bring it with whenever we go hiking. I'm sure there are times I would have enjoyed having it. I don't know if I could adjust to only one though because it wouldn't feel symmetrical LOL
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (303,518 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.37%
      I think my calcium levels are off and I'm surprised at my last blood test that not all the tests were done as they were previous times so I have no idea what my calcium levels are at. I went ahead and ordered more Vitamin D3 since it helps the body absorb calcium and I'll start taking my Tums daily again to increase the calcium levels. I was having problems with my lips and thought it was my allergies until my feet cramped up in bed this morning and then I felt the tingling in my hands. Not cool. The Tums will help.

7. Pray psalms 91 prayed
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (303,518 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.37%
      My husband and I had gone on a bike ride on Saturday and since then I've had dizziness and wondered why...low calcium can cause dizziness I found out but also vigorous exercise can bring on low calcium! ugh. Trying to manage a body can be difficult LOL

Romanos is offline God is good.
      Community Team
      Executive Administrator
      Single
      Excited for warm weather!

Mood:
      Awesome

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash