I'm new here

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The first forum I "accidentally" found myself on had never heard of the Eastern Orthodox Faith, and it was populated by a lot of "Jack Chick" types, and the encounters there were vitriolic, vicious, and insensate - Everyone was just posturing up their own views, and attacking all who failed to agree with them, and it was a UFV free for all [pm me for a definition of UFV]... So because Orthodoxy was still somewhat new with me then, I simply used other people's vitriol as a medium to launch a discussion of how the Orthodox Church deals with the issue...

By the time I left, one teen poster of that early time had become an Orthodox Priest, and the Orthodox presence there dominated discussion...

I had been banned...

I am now headed into old age and retirement from much social converse, I think... Still looking and praying for that issue - So this forum is my "retirement"...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, buddy, but you've been admitted with full rights and privileges. Nice try. :)

Thank-you...

I meant a refugee from other sites inimical to me...

You are very kind...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Poison calls for its antidote...

Trump is a punchy antidote...

The poison is very real...

We got the President God gave us...
He also gave us Obama...
Then the candidate Hillary...
Then Wiki-Leaks...

Rich people put walls around their homes and gates around their communities...
The USA is a rich country by world standards...
We cannot love our country and permit unlimited access...
We CAN promote Free Institutions abroad sometimes...

Arsenios

Last edited:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Thank-you...

I meant a refugee from other sites inimical to me...

You are very kind...

Arsenios

I understand the sentiment. The good folks at "Crosswalk" (think 'Non-Denom/Closet Baptist' central) used to run a forum from which I was unceremoniously dismissed. The admin there was hopeful that I would "find a forum that was more suitable to my posting style" :D
Fortunately Romanos and Lämm are much more forgiving

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I understand the sentiment. The good folks at "Crosswalk" (think 'Non-Denom/Closet Baptist' central) used to run a forum from which I was unceremoniously dismissed. The admin there was hopeful that I would "find a forum that was more suitable to my posting style" :D

Fortunately Romanos and Lämm are much more forgiving

Amen.

I have been permanently and officially banned from two sites: ChristianForums (although such was reversed fairly recently) and from CatholicAnswers. The first was purely personal and political (cuz that's how things roll at CF) the second, um, more interesting.

CatholicAnswers, of course, is the premier, esteemed apologetics ministry of the RCC. It has many radio stations, lots of publications, and of course a very active discussion forum which permits Protestants (as long as they stay in their segregated forum). There are many great Protestants posting there (including Matt Slick of CARM), many of whom are STRONGLY anti-Catholic. Anyway, I posted there off and on, always my nice self (well, even nicer because I was always sensitive to it being a RC site). I had no warnings of any kind, in fact, no staffer ever contacted me AT ALL for anything. Then one day, I went to the site and saw a big notice that I had been permanently banned. Nothing worked. Eventually, I used another computer (at work) and was able to access the main page and the contact page. I emailed the address given, simply asking why this action had been taken, especially since Staff had NEVER contacted me about ANYTHING. Some weeks went by and I concluded they were simply ignoring me. Then, to my shock, I got a reply. It stated that I had been often reported and that many of my posts had been arbitrated - ALWAYS to my advantage since it was determined I was staying within the rules. But it was determined to banned me because "you are working contrary to the goals of the website." That's verbatim the reason. I was told I could appeal the action.... I even got the impression the staffer was suggesting that.... but I decided to let it go since surely they'd simply find the same to be true and I'd get banned again. BTW, at that other computer, I could see some of my posts (not all) were still up - with nice red words announcing "permanently banned" and when a lot of replies all clearly flaming me now that I could not reply. Why ME and not the many much better posters? Why ME and not Matt Slick? I'll never know.... but I've since heard 0f many who met the same fate at that site.

ChristianityHaven is - by far - the best site I've encountered since I started posting at forums like this when I was 12 or so. And I give the credit primarily to Romanos and Lamm.... and to the community that developed here, to you.

Blessings on the New Year...

- Josiah

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

iBot

Droid Support
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
iBot welcomes you.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Is this a Protestant community or a Catholic one? I don't think it's an Orthodox or Coptic one, but I might be mistaken.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Is this a Protestant community or a Catholic one? I don't think it's an Orthodox or Coptic one, but I might be mistaken.
It's open to any and all Christian denominations

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

We're a mixed breed :D We allow anyone to register and post here and the forum marked Christian Theology is only for those Christians who believe in the trinity.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Then why is there only a section to ask a pastor, but no sections to ask a Catholic and an Orthodox priest, respectively?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Then why is there only a section to ask a pastor, but no sections to ask a Catholic and an Orthodox priest, respectively?

We have talked about expanding that area to include more pastors/priests from the various denominations if this forum (Ask a Pastor) received a lot of activity. Plus, we currently do not have priests from the RC or EO churches registered on the site at this time.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I have been permanently and officially banned from two sites: ChristianForums (although such was reversed fairly recently).
There are two different sites with that name, one with a .com extension and the other with a .net extension. Which one were you banned from?

Top Bottom