Russia's Hypersonic Missile System

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Here is a link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/27/europe/russia-hypersonic-missile-intl/index.html

(CNN)Russia's new hypersonic missile system, which President Vladimir Putin claims is "invulnerable" to US defenses, will enter service in 2019, the Russian leader said after a test of the missile Wednesday.

"Russia is the first in the world to receive a new type of strategic weapon and this will reliably ensure the security of our state and of our people for decades to come," Putin said, according to the state-run Tass news service.
"This is a wonderful, excellent gift for the country for the New Year," Tass quotes Putin as saying.
The Avangard hypersonic system was tested from the Dombarovsky military airbase in southwest Russia, according to Tass.

Here is another article: https://www.voanews.com/a/russia-new-nuclear-weapons/4719423.html

On the news I saw that these missiles could hit the USA and we have no ready defense against them.

Any opinions on this?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
As far as I know we are also developing this type of missile so the deterrent will be that both sides have them, the bigger danger I think is to Europe

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Great, so the Russian Orthodox Church can usher in Gog and Magog into the Middle East...

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Great, so the Russian Orthodox Church can usher in Gog and Magog into the Middle East...

Islamic cultures require oppressive governments...

Putin is not the Church...

We cannot now reign terror over Russia with our superior atomic weaponry...

We can no longer bully Russia...

Nor should we...

Not with the God-hating culture now on the rise in the USA...

Thank God for Trump!

Arsenios

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Islamic cultures require oppressive governments...

Putin is not the Church...

We cannot now reign terror over Russia with our superior atomic weaponry...

We can no longer bully Russia...

Nor should we...

Not with the God-hating culture now on the rise in the USA...

Thank God for Trump!

Arsenios
Do you think the millions of Christians in the US represent god haters?
The difference between the US and Russia is the separation of church and state in the US compared to the unholy marriage of church and state in Russia.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Do you think the millions of Christians in the US represent god haters?

Have you been to an ANTIFA demonstration lately?

I have good friends on that rant...

The Christian Culture of the USA has been on the wane for many decades...

[quote/]The difference between the US and Russia is the separation of church and state in the US compared to the unholy marriage of church and state in Russia.[/QUOTE]

Our culture is becoming unholy, and the atheist culture of Russia is becoming holy...

We outlaw God in our political culture...

Russia does not...

But she did under Stalin...

Do you wanna be like Stalin?

The Roman Empire in Christian Constantinople lasted a thousand years...

We almost lost ours one presidential election ago...

Arsenios

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
As far as I know we are also developing this type of missile so the deterrent will be that both sides have them, the bigger danger I think is to Europe
We have only begun development. Russia proclaimed it can now kick our butts...in different words though of course..the other day. Said they can send the missiles to Florida. I don't want to spread hysteria but this seems scary to me!

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
We have only begun development. Russia proclaimed it can now kick our butts...in different words though of course..the other day. Said they can send the missiles to Florida. I don't want to spread hysteria but this seems scary to me!

It is simply called deterrence...

We simply cannot now bully Russia with our atomic weapons...

I thank God the Christian Nation of Russia has these weapons, and not, say, the People's Republic of North Korea...

Remember that Hillary wanted war with Russia...

And Trump has been deferred from good relations with Putin...

By manifold means and by his own State Department...

Arsenios

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Have you been to an ANTIFA demonstration lately?

I have good friends on that rant...

The Christian Culture of the USA has been on the wane for many decades...

[quote/]The difference between the US and Russia is the separation of church and state in the US compared to the unholy marriage of church and state in Russia.

Our culture is becoming unholy, and the atheist culture of Russia is becoming holy...

We outlaw God in our political culture...

Russia does not...

But she did under Stalin...

Do you wanna be like Stalin?

The Roman Empire in Christian Constantinople lasted a thousand years...

We almost lost ours one presidential election ago...

Arsenios[/QUOTE]You imagine ANTIFA is a majority Christian group?
I have some ocean front property in New Mexico to sell you, Arsenios.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Here is a link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/27/europe/russia-hypersonic-missile-intl/index.html

Here is another article: https://www.voanews.com/a/russia-new-nuclear-weapons/4719423.html

On the news I saw that these missiles could hit the USA and we have no ready defense against them.

Any opinions on this?

Yes, I have an opinion.

Now that Russia is in the hands of Valdimir Putin and the country is feeling confident and nationalistic.

They want weapons and capabilities that will make them a player on the world stage just like the USSR used to be.

So they have these new hypersonic missiles as a counter measure against USA antimissile defences that had rendered older and slower missiles unreliable.

It looks like a new round in the old cold war. Only now it is not a cold war against the "evils of communism".

It's a cold war against the democratically elected government of Russia - and China - which government the USA does not approve.

In the past the USSR was driven into chaos by the pressure of the arms race with the USA when the USSR could not afford to keep up with USA "star wars" plans.

Now Russia is striking back in kind with its own hypersonic missiles cold war venture which the USA will have to spend billions to match and more billions to counter.

The USA is already in deep debt to the rest of the world. China being a major holder of USA debt.

It may not take many decades for Russia's ploy to bear fruit in the economic and political ruin of the USA.

That, I think is the aim in Russia.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have an opinion.

Now that Russia is in the hands of Valdimir Putin and the country is feeling confident and nationalistic.

They want weapons and capabilities that will make them a player on the world stage just like the USSR used to be.

So they have these new hypersonic missiles as a counter measure against USA antimissile defences that had rendered older and slower missiles unreliable.

It looks like a new round in the old cold war. Only now it is not a cold war against the "evils of communism".

It's a cold war against the democratically elected government of Russia - and China - which government the USA does not approve.

In the past the USSR was driven into chaos by the pressure of the arms race with the USA when the USSR could not afford to keep up with USA "star wars" plans.

Now Russia is striking back in kind with its own hypersonic missiles cold war venture which the USA will have to spend billions to match and more billions to counter.

The USA is already in deep debt to the rest of the world. China being a major holder of USA debt.

It may not take many decades for Russia's ploy to bear fruit in the economic and political ruin of the USA.

That, I think is the aim in Russia.
China is in deep debt to the USA, too! We are all in debt. I hope Russia does not succeed in its threats against the USA; after all we have a LOT of good people here who don't deserve to die.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
China is in deep debt to the USA, too! We are all in debt. I hope Russia does not succeed in its threats against the USA; after all we have a LOT of good people here who don't deserve to die.

China is one of the world's major creditor nations; the world owes money to China mainly because the whole world decided to buy their goods from China after deciding to have China manufacture almost everything.

In the end people will die, one way or another, because of bad governance by inept governments. The USA has Donald's ineptitude. China has a new dictator. Russia has Vladimir Putin who is in effect a dictator. Israel as a corrupt prime minister. The UK has confusion and political chaos because of their exit from the EU. France has riots. Germany has resurgent neo-Nazi movements. Italy has confusion and corruption. The truth is that many of the worlds major economies are near breaking point because of bad governance.

What makes it so egregious is that the population keeps electing bad governments because the bad governments offer tax cuts and fake economic miracles.

In the end it all has to be paid for.

The environment will deteriorate, refugees will multiply, nationalism may rise and that is likely to lead to wars.

Maybe one big war.

It is something I pray will not come yet it appears that the voting public is voting to make it come.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
China is one of the world's major creditor nations; the world owes money to China mainly because the whole world decided to buy their goods from China after deciding to have China manufacture almost everything.

In the end people will die, one way or another, because of bad governance by inept governments. The USA has Donald's ineptitude. China has a new dictator. Russia has Vladimir Putin who is in effect a dictator. Israel as a corrupt prime minister. The UK has confusion and political chaos because of their exit from the EU. France has riots. Germany has resurgent neo-Nazi movements. Italy has confusion and corruption. The truth is that many of the worlds major economies are near breaking point because of bad governance.

What makes it so egregious is that the population keeps electing bad governments because the bad governments offer tax cuts and fake economic miracles.

In the end it all has to be paid for.

The environment will deteriorate, refugees will multiply, nationalism may rise and that is likely to lead to wars.

Maybe one big war.

It is something I pray will not come yet it appears that the voting public is voting to make it come.
Let's hope it's not as bleak as all you say! There are many good things happening in the world, too, but the bad stands out because we are aware of it first for self protection.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
SantaTank.jpg

This got me a chuckle...

I mean, ONLY in Russia!

Arsenios

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To my knowledge, we never thought we could stop a major Russian strike. The only sensible use was against something smaller. The problem with hypersonic missiles is that it reduces reaction time, and thus could tend to push someone into responding without sufficient information and thought. Both the US and Russia have had very close calls in the past. These missiles aren't going to prevent US retaliation, unless they've also invented a pretty miraculous defense system. They just make the world more dangerous.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
To my knowledge, we never thought we could stop a major Russian strike. The only sensible use was against something smaller. The problem with hypersonic missles is that it reduces reaction time, and thus could tend to push someone into responding too quickly. These missles aren't going to prevent US retaliation, unless they've also invented a pretty miraculous defense system.
Hopefully we would be able to retaliate....if there is anything left of us that is...:noway:

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully we would be able to retaliate....if there is anything left of us that is...:noway:

The point is for Russia to prevent the US from bullying Russia...

It is strictly a deterrent...

Such deterrence is against an equal deterrence...

Making both systems defensive, rather than offensive...

If only one has such capability, the other can bully the one...

Don't you love the Russian Santa delivering Christmas Presents on a tank?

So much for Rudolf, I suppose!

But the presents WILL go through! :)

Arsenios

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The point is for Russia to prevent the US from bullying Russia...

It is strictly a deterrent...

Such deterrence is against an equal deterrence...

Making both systems defensive, rather than offensive...

If only one has such capability, the other can bully the one...

Don't you love the Russian Santa delivering Christmas Presents on a tank?

So much for Rudolf, I suppose!

But the presents WILL go through! :)

Arsenios
And what about NOW the Russians bullying us? I guess we all see it from where we are coming from.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I do not think that Valdimir Putin and the Russian government wants to be free from bullying. They evidently want to bully Ukraine. They've already invaded Ukraine and annexed the Crimea. The hypersonic missiles are not a defensive system - as an antimissile system would be - but an offensive weapon intended to strike fear into nations that may be in Russia's sights.

Top Bottom