(No Debate) Giving Thanks

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We express thanks to God for his goodness and mercy to us. Giving thanks is an expression of our gratitude by verbal expression or in prayer.
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Ephesians 5:20
Another way to offer thanks is to glorify God by our actions and behaviour; by knowing and doing his will.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I like your post and it covers so much of our thankfulness to God and all I can add is a quote from the great reformer Martin Luther as he lists the great many things besides our savior of which we should be thankful

I hold and believe that I am God’s creature, that is, that God has given me and constantly sustains my body, soul, and life, my members great and small, all my senses, my reason and understanding, and the like; my food and drink, clothing, nourishment, spouse and children, servants, house and farm, etc. Besides, God makes all creation help provide the benefits and necessities of life—sun, moon, and stars in the heavens; day and night; air, fire, water, the earth and all that it yields and brings forth; birds, fish, animals, grain, and all sorts of produce. Moreover, God gives all physical and temporal blessings—good government, peace, security.

Martin Luther, The Large Catechism, “Explanation to the First Article of the Apostles’ Creed”

Top Bottom