Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How do you and your spouse split the chores around the house?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I do them all!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Over the years it has changed depending on who has more time. We typically have chores that each of us does more, but that doesn't mean the other person can't help

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
well I do everything, sometimes he might wash the dishes, not to sure why tho as he doesn't usually make a very good job of it. so I do it again..lol.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It is an alway changing thing around here. Hubby tends to do the dishes. We are doing a massive sort through everything we have to reduce the amount of junk we have and we are doing that together.

LovebirdsFlying

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have physical disabilities and almost no stamina. I am unable to work at a job outside the home, which means he supports both of us. In fairness I should then do the housework, but if for some reason I can't, he has to fill in the blanks. I'll be able to do the laundry, empty the dishwasher, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, OR mop the kitchen floor, but no way could I do all of those in any one day. I'd be doing well on a good day to complete two of them. That makes me feel bad sometimes, when he has to come home from work and do chores, but he assures me he knows I'm doing my best. He's also pointed out that if he lived alone, he'd have to do everything himself anyway. It's nice that I'm able to help out even partially.

There is one chore I've taken over completely, though, and that's keeping the cat litter taken care of. He has a sensitive stomach and can hardly do it without gagging. It doesn't bother me, so I take care of it.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have physical disabilities and almost no stamina. I am unable to work at a job outside the home, which means he supports both of us. In fairness I should then do the housework, but if for some reason I can't, he has to fill in the blanks. I'll be able to do the laundry, empty the dishwasher, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, OR mop the kitchen floor, but no way could I do all of those in any one day. I'd be doing well on a good day to complete two of them. That makes me feel bad sometimes, when he has to come home from work and do chores, but he assures me he knows I'm doing my best. He's also pointed out that if he lived alone, he'd have to do everything himself anyway. It's nice that I'm able to help out even partially.

There is one chore I've taken over completely, though, and that's keeping the cat litter taken care of. He has a sensitive stomach and can hardly do it without gagging. It doesn't bother me, so I take care of it.

That is like me and right now they have me on meds that make very sleepy and dizzy but like you I try to help as best as I can.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
the wife, she allows me to do everything which i dont mind doing. laundry, its something i love doing for odd reason. though i leave the cooking to her. she trained at the CIA..culinary institute of america. i can only prep limited foods like soup, french toast and burritos lol

Inkachu

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We all pitch in (me, hubby, and our teenage son) pretty much equally. It'll be the same when hubster and I are empty nesters. We're not "I AM DOMINANT AND THOU ART SUBMISSIVE" types. We're a team. You do this, I'll do that. You need help with something, I'm here to help. You don't feel well? I'll do more than usual. Just help each other out and don't worry about the "rules" that others seem to obsess over.

onlyme

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married

I can sympathize; I've been getting over surgery. Hope you manage to pace yourself okay. Part of the trick can be doing easy, planned exercises that do not tire, and gradually building up one's threshold; with a balanced diet they can also be good for one's overall health.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Teenagers. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my right thumb.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't anymore. Today I got sick and tired of it and had the kids clean up their mess themselves.

Yep! It's their mess, they need to start pitching in. You aren't their slave :)

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

My wife does most of the cooking, unless it's on the grill.

She washes the dishes, I dry the dishes and put them away.

She does most of the cleaning simply because she likes it done a certain way. I deal with the trash. I kill any errant bugs when their presence offends her.

If something needs mending that comes straight to me.

Kaynil

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We don't really have an explicit agreement. We just jump in whatever that needs to be done. Usually one of us cook and the other one does the dishes after.
For taking clothes to the laundromat we go together. For other domestic, we just do them as we see it fit. If I really had to comb, I guess we can naturally lean towards a few activities, I've noticed I tend to clean the bathrooms often and my S.O. vacuums weekly.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I confess to being quite obsessed about cleanliness, neatness..... My beloved solves that problem by letting me do what I feel so compelled to do.

When I'm home, I try to do the parenting thing. She's been doing that all day and seems to appreciate the "pass off" and getting to other things (dinner, etc.) I enjoy the time with my son.

Angelina1239

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Whatever seems reasonable and natural. I do ironing, cooking and lighter jobs better, my husband tackles heavier things like vacuuming, mowing the garden. I find that giving him a list of no more than two or three things to help with in his own time, works far better than nagging.

Also thanking him is effective, best not criticise.

Top Bottom