Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Part of my tongue was removed to eliminate cancer.
It sounds like a rough procedure. Which part of your tongue? Don't they usually do radiation for oral cancer instead of surgery?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It sounds like a rough procedure. Which part of your tongue? Don't they usually do radiation for oral cancer instead of surgery?

I had a 1 centimeter tumor removed and then margins to ensure that the cancer hadn't spread and it was on the left side of my tongue. I can speak and sing normally even though my tongue curves to the left now a little. I'm lucky that I healed well and I didn't need speech therapy. I joke with my surgeon that I had too big of a tongue to begin with and needed a little shaved off the side LOL

Since my cancer was so small it was best to go in with surgery. I met with an oncologist who said radiation was not needed. They caught this really early since I complained about the discomfort I was having to my dentist and went in for a biopsy quickly after. Everyone who saw the lesion on my tongue said, "Well, it doesn't look like cancer..." But yet, it was.

Top Bottom