What are an examples of Bible character who disobeyed earthly authority to obey God?

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Mix lies with the truth?

Just because something is non-canonical, that doesn’t make it a lie. Something can still be historical despite being non-canonical. If it was a lie then I don’t think the Jewish rabbis would be reading it every Hanukkah.

I accept Maccabees as scripture because I’m Catholic. If you reject it as canon, you at least shouldn’t deceive yourself into thinking that it isn’t historically true. Even secular unbelieving historians accept Maccabees as true history.

Whether Maccabees is historically accurate is immaterial. To try and pass it off as Scripture is mixing the lie with the Truth. Then it is used to base doctrine on.

Yes, because you're Catholic. And when you added your references from the apocryphal books, you should have made that distinction.

As I have said before, when you say Bible, and I say Bible, we are not talking about the same book.

Lees

Joshua1Eight

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Yes
Whether Maccabees is historically accurate is immaterial. To try and pass it off as Scripture is mixing the lie with the Truth. Then it is used to base doctrine on.

Yes, because you're Catholic. And when you added your references from the apocryphal books, you should have made that distinction.

As I have said before, when you say Bible, and I say Bible, we are not talking about the same book.

Lees

I think that Mattathias’ refusal to sacrifice to pagan idols when the Greeks ordered him to do so by law is an incredibly inspiring and powerful story. But more than a story. It’s history. We can look to it for inspiration and direction in our pagan and corrupt world today in America to put our foot down and say no to ungodly authorities who would have us compromise our faith and morality in fear of punishment or persecution. Look at what they’re trying to push onto public school children. It’s sickening. Christians need to stand up for what’s right and what is godly and what is biblical, now more than ever.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I think that Mattathias’ refusal to sacrifice to pagan idols when the Greeks ordered him to do so by law is an incredibly inspiring and powerful story. But more than a story. It’s history. We can look to it for inspiration and direction in our pagan and corrupt world today in America to put our foot down and say no to ungodly authorities who would have us compromise our faith and morality in fear of punishment or persecution. Look at what they’re trying to push onto public school children. It’s sickening. Christians need to stand up for what’s right and what is godly and what is biblical, now more than ever.

I agree. It is history and an inspiring story.

And I agree we can look to it for inspiration in our fight against a secular and pagan world that has invaded our country.

And I agree that Christians need to stand up for what's right and Godly and Biblical.

Lees

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
I agree. It is history and an inspiring story.

And I agree we can look to it for inspiration in our fight against a secular and pagan world that has invaded our country.

And I agree that Christians need to stand up for what's right and Godly and Biblical.

Lees
In practicing what you preach, I've experienced the worst repercussions from close family and former friends. The USA makes provision for conscientious objection to their policies but it costs you in the job market. Albeit The Lord provides apart from that far above what most can imagine. Follow the Sermon on the Mount and Christ will become your career despite them.

Top Bottom