US Senate's Decision To Impeach

Origen

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
And I think doing this AFTER HE'S LEFT OFFICE is beyond silly. Do the Democrats hold he won the 2020 election and must be removed, they must try to undo that election as they tried for 4 years to undo the 2016 one, do they agree with Trump that Trump actually won? If not... if they think he's no longer president, then why this ABSURD fight to remove him from office? It's beyond silly.
If Trump has been convicted the Democrats could have voted to disqualified him from holding federal office in the future. This would have prevented Trump from running again for president again in 2024 if he wanted, and it also would have barred him from running for the House or Senate.

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I heard/read Trumps comments at that rally... and frankly, I don't see it as inciting to riot AT ALL. Not at all. I think he is completely innocent. Frankly, I think MANY politicians (including several Democrat senators and leaders) have been FAR more flaming in their political speech that Trumps' "fight" "peaceful" comments.

It seems when Democrats call for Republicans to be harassed it's OK but when roles are reversed it's incitement to violence. When Democrats want to "fight like hell" they are talking about a peaceful process but when Republicans do it they are calling for violence.

Hey, if standards are good then double standards must be twice as good, right?

And I think doing this AFTER HE'S LEFT OFFICE is beyond silly. Do the Democrats hold he won the 2020 election and must be removed, they must try to undo that election as they tried for 4 years to undo the 2016 one, do they agree with Trump that Trump actually won? If not... if they think he's no longer president, then why this ABSURD fight to remove him from office? It's beyond silly.

But here's what I think. All the Libs have at this point is -profound, passionate, obsessive HATE for "The Orange Man." It's all they've got. It won them the 2020 election and they are trying to keep that alive for as long as they can. HATE. It IS a uniting and motivating thing (ask Hitler). "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Thing is: once the ENEMY is gone, it's hard to keep this HATE alive.

Here's my advise to Dems..... you won the election. ACCEPT THAT!!!!!! Now, DO something. Hate is an ugly thing.

Without hating Trump it's hard to see what the Democrat party stands for - with the growing divide between the moderates and the increasingly silly progressives they need something to unite them. Enter the bad orange man, and everyone can unite behind orangemanbad.

Everybody knows the best way to unity is to belittle your opponents, treat them as inherently inferior (and maybe even subhuman) until they see the light and change their minds. It's just common sense.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Let's turn that around, any Republican senator that voted to impeach has hate spewed at them. It is clear to anyone that Trump was guilty and should have been convicted but politics won out. I suppose they will call what Georgia is doing hate ad well but they are Republican. Glad they are not drinking the kool aid and are following law and justice

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Let's turn that around, any Republican senator that voted to impeach has hate spewed at them. It is clear to anyone that Trump was guilty and should have been convicted but politics won out. I suppose they will call what Georgia is doing hate ad well but they are Republican. Glad they are not drinking the kool aid and are following law and justice

What exactly was Trump guilty of? He called for a peaceful protest didn't he? Why is that always left out?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Clear to anyone? Did you hear/read the words he spoke? I read the entire transcript and didn't see a single thing in there that could be considered incitement. My only desire to see Trump in office was because I'd rather have him than Biden, even if only in the same context I'd rather have a broken leg than a heart attack. I'm just not seeing it. The whole thing looks like a stitch-up.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
In the recent impeachment trial 57 voted to impeach and 43 voted to acquit. Lets look at this on a state by state basis and see what happens. The 43 who voted to acquit (all Republican) represent states with 125,000,000 people or 32% of the population. On the other hand the 57 who voted guilty represent 202,000,000 or 68% of the population. The impeachment failed because it did not reach the 2/3 threshold. It seems to me that 68% is more than enough.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In the recent impeachment trial 57 voted to impeach and 43 voted to acquit. Lets look at this on a state by state basis and see what happens. The 43 who voted to acquit (all Republican) represent states with 125,000,000 people or 32% of the population. On the other hand the 57 who voted guilty represent 202,000,000 or 68% of the population. The impeachment failed because it did not reach the 2/3 threshold. It seems to me that 68% is more than enough.

Yawn. Rules need to be changed before a vote. Comparing different numbers after the fact is pointless.

Top Bottom