Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
@Stravinsk

With all due respect.... I have relatives and friends in Germany, I have ancestors who served in the German military during both world wars; a great uncle (great, great?) who was an officer in the submarine corps during WW2 and died there. I've been to Germany 3 times. And I'm proud of my German (and my English and Danish) roots.

But I can tell you: The VAST, VAST, VAST majority of Germans loudly and boldly repudiate that whole chapter of their history. They are horrified by the holocaust (they have opened some concentration camps to the public as documentation and proof of the horrors). And they admit that Hitler was freely elected and that Germans tragically "looked the other way" at things like Crystal Night and the arrest of Jews, etc. Even supported it. In my experience, Germans are MORE critical of this whole chapter than what you find in England or Denmark or here in the States. AND they desire strongly to learn from it... and not repeat it. IF ANYTHING, my personal feeling is that Germans need to embrace forgiveness (and many in my generation are).

These attempts by a tiny few to promote LIES about this only make matters worse. Lies such as it was the Russians who killed those millions of Jews (gypsies, homosexuals, Seven Day Adventists, etc)... lies like that; they are repulsive to Germans. And to those who esteem truth. Rather than deny the truth.... rather than replace history with lies.... we should follow the example of the Germans and LEARN, so that this horrible, horrible chapter is not repeated in any form - in Germany or anywhere else.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
From propaganda on both world wars, to propaganda in movies, German culture and values faces a never ending assault
That's fantasy, of course. There isn't a significant propaganda assault upon German culture and values.

Moreover, that's essentially the same self-serving argument that's used by Hamas and similar organizations.

In short, it says that because our side had some grievance, whether valid or not, it then imposed a dictatorial government which launched wars that caused the deaths of tens of millions of people and that this view of the matter is something that cannot be faulted.

prism

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
German's are considered European white colonialists by the Woke crowd. Ist das nicht so?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
@Josiah

This thread isn't about the so-called Holocaust specifically. Yes, I'm aware that a fairly large % of the average German populace believes the official line touted by western governments and media. However, that doesn't mean much to me, as it seems like both an appeal to the masses and authority, both of which are logical fallacies. Not to mention that by law (in this region) one cannot express a dissenting opinion at the risk of going to jail. Young Germans are probably subject to more propaganda than any other nation on this subject...and to me that's overwhelming because I got my fill of it growing up in the US.

My perspective (on the psychological assault) of the German psyche is that it is multifaceted. The government funded publication mentioned in the video is just one example of it. It's literally everywhere in our history and in our media/entertainment.

Top Bottom