Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Small food places are one of the businesses hit the hardest by the virus restrictions. Have you been ordering take out to help them out? It's not just the business but the people who work there too who need your help.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I have not been big on take-out or delivery, not because I'm against the concept but because I like to cook my own food. But I am aware of the problems that the situation has caused the small eateries. So I have made it a point to order delivery or take-out at least once a week. It maybe something I continue to do even once this is all past us.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've got a few beers from my favorite brewpub to go. I'd rather drink it there with friends than at home but needs must.

I'd really like to support my local coffee shop more but really struggle with the idea of buying a coffee to bring home, knowing it will be cold by the time I get it home. Maybe I'll buy some cakes or something there, but then just need to watch the calories.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We haven't had a chance yet to order take out because I have fresh food I've needed to eat before it gets bad. Next week though my husband starts working from home on various days so I'm thinking we can order at least once and help a local small mom and pop that needs us.

Once the stimulus checks come I hope people spend as much as they can and help these businesses. But be warned that if you buy a gift certificate you might be gambling with that money since some places might have to close if they can't come back from this downfall.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's my concern about buying a meaningful gift certificate - I don't like them at the best of times but at times like this it seems like a big gamble with minimal upside for me.

That said, I read about a coffee shop that's doing a very interesting deal. They are selling what they call "Give Hope" gift cards. The idea is you buy a $10 gift card that is then given to a family in need. The family in need gets hot food from the cafe, so it helps the cafe and also helps a family in need.

I'm going to suggest it to my local coffee shop. If they would do something like that I'd definitely buy some.

Top Bottom