Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Our new Presidential Press Secretary chose to mock a unit of our military yesterday during her press conference when a journalist brought up Space Force. SJen Psaki: "Wow, Space Force-- it's the plane of today."

It's not a secret that China has recently declared that they want to become the dominant force in space. I think it's prudent to be prepared for anything that could happen out in space.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Democrats mocking the military is nothing new.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Democrats mocking the military is nothing new.

They didn't mind the National Guard protecting them recently though so I don't understand what's so wrong about wanting to be a leader in space and not just on the ground?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It might make sense to at least try to keep up with China but we have to consider that orangemanbad and that beats everything else.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
They didn't mind the National Guard protecting them recently though so I don't understand what's so wrong about wanting to be a leader in space and not just on the ground?

Libs are VERY concerned about themselves..... just not the poor.

The insist police are defunded while they surround themselves with security guards.

The insist the poor need no guns, but they surround themselves with well armed bodyguards.

They insist no wall is needed at the boarder, that walls are evil (bridges divine) but insist a huge fence surround the Capitol building.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

If the country wants to retain any pretense of military superiority then staying ahead of the latest technology is critical.

Whatever military capability you might have is of limited use if the other side has a major lead in superior technology. Think of men on the ground trying to fight against air strikes. There's enough science fiction out there about space lasers, particle beam weapons and the like - if any of that even starts to drift from science fiction to science fact whoever takes the lead gains a huge military advantage.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Libs are VERY concerned about themselves..... just not the poor.

The insist police are defunded while they surround themselves with security guards.

The insist the poor need no guns, but they surround themselves with well armed bodyguards.

They insist no wall is needed at the boarder, that walls are evil (bridges divine) but insist a huge fence surround the Capitol building.

... and for good measure they seem more concerned with opening the borders than with opening businesses.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
She sort of apologized today. She noted that space is going to be an increasingly important area for our military, and said there are no plans to reconsider creation of the space force. I’m not convinced we needed a new branch of the military, but it’s probably not worth changing.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
She sort of apologized today. She noted that space is going to be an increasingly important area for our military, and said there are no plans to reconsider creation of the space force. I’m not convinced we needed a new branch of the military, but it’s probably not worth changing.

If China has plans for space military, doesn't it make sense for us to have a big focus on protecting what we already have up in space such as satellites? I don't think our current military should be pulled from what they're doing to be spread out so a separate group makes sense to add additional protection for our nation.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If China has plans for space military, doesn't it make sense for us to have a big focus on protecting what we already have up in space such as satellites? I don't think our current military should be pulled from what they're doing to be spread out so a separate group makes sense to add additional protection for our nation.
Interesting. I've looked into it a bit more. There was an existing Air Force Space Command. It became the Space Force. So no one needed to be pulled from an existing job. It's still a part of department of the Air Force, under the secretary of the Air Force. I don't have any problem with the change. There are also people from other branches of the service that were performing space-related activities. They will move into the Space Force in 2022, according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Here's a great article about Why We Need a Space Force and it fills in the blanks of why the Air Force couldn't alone provide what is needed.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It is an interesting proposal to expand to another military branch.
Just doesn't seem like a neccesity to me.
Most arguements for are trivial at best.

All space has to offer is distance for information gathering and communication amongst the joint command.

If I recall correctly all nations agreed not to weaponize anything above orbit.
So defense is all that is needed for counter military intelligence ops.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It is an interesting proposal to expand to another military branch.
Just doesn't seem like a neccesity to me.
Most arguements for are trivial at best.

All space has to offer is distance for information gathering and communication amongst the joint command.

If I recall correctly all nations agreed not to weaponize anything above orbit.
So defense is all that is needed for counter military intelligence ops.

Our satellites are extremely important!

Top Bottom