... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Nice walk around town, chilling on the porch for a while with a cold brew and now working on cutting some boards to size. Two of them will need to go through the table saw to make sure they are the same width and all of them will need to go through the router to put a nice edge on them.

There is a slight curvature in my drywall and a slight curvature in the baseboards, which is annoying since they curve in opposite directions. The baseboard can't be flipped because the rear side is extremely rough, so to make them presentable would mean losing a good chunk of the thickness of the boards. Even if I could flip the baseboard the slight curve in the drywall would mean there were gaps, so it looks like I"m going to need to put some trim on the top after all. I had really hoped to not need to do that. At least I'll know when I fix up the next room that I need to consider these extra factors. At least putting some trim on the bottom of the baseboards to mask the slight unevenness in the floor will also mask any issues I have with lacquering right up to the baseboards.

I doubt I'll get to any lacquering today but maybe I can get the boards cut and stained ready to be lacquered tomorrow. That would be a nice place to leave things this evening.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got back a little while ago from having MRI on my knee. Will probably get the results tomorrow

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Most of the boards are now cut. I decided to stop a little earlier than I originally planned because the light was fading. One wall is cut and fit ready to be pinned, another is cut to size with one piece ready to be stained and lacquered, another is ready to be pinned and the final is almost ready to be cut and stained. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow the boards will be ready to roll.

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hope it comes out right J Simms 435! Just on the internet and listening to music.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Another sneezy morning.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 12 hours sleep last night, breakfast is jam on toasts and my morning coffee.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got my remaining boards cut to length, sanded smooth, edged, holes cut for baseboard, and now they are sitting in the room with the stain drying. Tomorrow I can lacquer them, then get the last two sockets installed and wired and get them pinned to the wall. That just leaves me to figure out what trim I need to cover the uneven floor and walls, figure the window trim and lacquer the floor

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trying a different allergy medicine today since my husband is home in case I have an allergic reaction...to allergy meds. My body is weird.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The boards I stained last night are looking good. Once I"m done with my coffee I can get busy lacquering them. I just need to figure how to vent the room - it's raining so the window I'd normally open for ventilation doesn't work so well.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 12 hours sleep last night, enjoying my usual breakfast and my morning coffee.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
First coat of lacquer on my baseboards is almost dry, ready to be sanded and have a second coat applied. Then I can get the last two sockets fitted and wired up. Good times.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 12 hours sleep last night, having my usual breakfast and my morning coffee.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Day off the work in the kiddo's room today. I went for my walk around town without my wife, so I kept a much faster pace. I got home about 15 minutes before the rainstorm hit, which was nice. Then the storm passed and we went to town for a change - the first time we'd been there since the corona silliness kicked off. It was good to have a chance of scenery. While we were there it seemed rude not to go for a walk in the park we like.

Now I'm just debating having a quick tinker with my electrics or leaving it for tomorrow. I think tomorrow I'm going to pay my sawmill man a visit and get some wood so I can make trim to cover over the spaces where nothing is quite even, and some wood to retrim my windows. I'm going to need to make new window sills, so might as well get everything else to match as closely as I can.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, having a French vanilla and Chinese green tea. Lunching on leftovers with orange juice. Doing aroma therapy and music therapy till dinner and putting myself to sleep tonight.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Took a day off from fixing up the room yesterday. Today I got the last two power sockets installed and wired. The last one in the chain was easy because it only has one cable feeding into it, so I don't need to do the stupid pigtail splices that code requires and only have to fit one set of wires into the back box. The other one was a bit more tedious.

Anyway, now all of the sockets are installed and tested, and all work just fine. Now I can get busy measuring the wood I'll need to retrim the windows, then lacquer the floor, then it's good to go.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 12 hours sleep last night, breakfast is my usual and my morning coffee.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting ready to go for a walk.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 12 hours sleep last night, having my usual breakfast and my morning coffee.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There are 3 groundhog babies in the field behind our house!!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There are 3 groundhog babies in the field behind our house!!

I had trouble with groundhogs in the yard a couple of years ago. In the end I spoke to a neighbor and said if he got a clean shot at them to feel free to see to them. A couple of days later he had found the nest and seen to Mr Groundhog with a small piece of lead, delivered at high speed. For good measure something (we have no idea what) took the dead groundhog away.

Top Bottom