Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How often do you frequent small town diners?

When my family was visiting, I took them to a diner while we were out (it was an hour away), and we had amazing food!! I can't wait to go back someday.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well... I"m not sure about "diners" but I do very much prefer "mom and pop" restaurants to the chains. Especially for ethnic foods (which is typically what I seek when dining out). Little holes in the wall.... with a line out of door.... run by folks who can hardly speak English. Those are the great places to eat!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Depending on what counts as a diner, most times we eat out. I don't go to chains, and honestly couldn't tell you the last time I went to a fast food chain. I think I had Burger King sometime around 2021 to break up a long journey. I haven't had Arby's since before the pandemic and honestly couldn't say the last time I ate anything from McDonalds. I think I had a bite of a hash brown in 2016, which reminded me of why I don't eat anything from McDonalds.

As far as possible I support local eateries, owned by local people. Only recently I rediscovered a local place I'd got out of the habit of visiting. I don't know why - they didn't do anything to upset me, I just got out of the habit of going. Having gone back they are very much back on the radar.

Top Bottom