Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
No, I don't think people should walk on eggshells - as in the modern way of how everything is tolerated. Nonetheless, I don't believe a lot of Christians have done a good job witnessing, since so many potential converts are attracted to Satan's lead in some way, knowingly or unknowingly. Satan basically comes as an "Angel of Light", first appearing as a comfort, a friend.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No, I don't think people should walk on eggshells - as in the modern way of how everything is tolerated. Nonetheless, I don't believe a lot of Christians have done a good job witnessing, since so many potential converts are attracted to Satan's lead in some way, knowingly or unknowingly. Satan basically comes as an "Angel of Light", first appearing as a comfort, a friend.
I don't walk on eggshells but I also don't run them off when trying to convert them.
I can't save them let alone in one sitting..
There are many implications in scripture that point to practical libertarianism
Love your enemies.
He without sin may cast the first stone.
Let them who practice sin be sinful still and let those who are righteous be righteous still.
I've create some shoe-ins for the kingdom or at least in Christ through me have I opened doors with patient dialogue..
These aggressors are the types that claim to Hate everything Christian but I begin with asking questions.. like what did Jesus -if he existed- do that was so wrong that you made yourself an enemy unto Him?
Then we can get into what Christ himself actually taught and who exactly is was standing up for and who exactly he stood against and why?
After this discussion they begin to admit that their hatred was never against Christ but against certain religious fanatics, hypocrites and false teachers in the church... I comfort them by telling them that Jesus knew all about the hypocrites to come, that wolves dressed in sheeps clothing would infiltrate the church and create abominations, being lovers of themselves and by their own pride they distort the message to fit in their likeness and lead astray many.. I tell them I agree with them that there are many hypocrites who want to tell you what is write and wrong and who to hate and not hate.. I again point out that Jesus says to those stiff necked busy body hypocrites "depart from me for I never knew you".. and that we also as Christians should have nothing to do with them.
I go back into the revolutionary teachings of Christ, to love not only your Neighbors but to also love your enemies and to pray for those who curse you, to forgive those who have done wicked unto you that it may be testimony to the Father in Heaven who forgives you.
By this time the entire conversation has shifted away from anger over judgmental hypocritical christians to the bare bones teachings of Christ..
Once they establish a clear discernment between false teachers and the True teachings of Christ they begin to understand and become more open about who Christ really is to them...
They practically become disciples as we continue, wanting to continue in discussion.
Ending with the Gospel message that Jesus the Son of God, a sinless man died in your place, went to hades and paid off your debt, was resurrected and ascended into Heaven having taken the keys to hades with him. That whoever shall believe on him shall be freed from death unto life ever lasting in the Kingdom to come both on Earth and in Heaven..
They struggle with the gospel part but it's not my place to force them to believe it, they need their eyes opened though and you really have to have a patient and understanding presence or the conversation will end swiftly..
I discuss online with atheist from time to time and this is the approach and method I use for them just like I would with friends and relatives who are unbelievers.
Often months will go by and before too long many of them start posting bible verses or change their mannerism or have a new approach to the Christian faith. My face always lights up when I see it! Many of friends in the past three years who were atheist are now children in Christ

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.” William J. Toms

Top Bottom