Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Souls are not punished," the Pope was quoted as saying in the Repubblica piece. "Those who repent obtain God's forgiveness and go among the ranks of those who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot be forgiven disappear. There is no hell - there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-43596919

-----

The Vatican is denying that the quotes were truthfull, that is, this was a private interview and not formal...

----
https://youtu.be/ZJvuE5de9aU

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEchg1KhmTY

This is the top "teacher" in the RC Denomination....... do you wonder why so many Catholics are so confused by their teachers? I find it... um.... humorous that this video, produced by a Lutheran pastor, reveals that the Lutheran pastor knows Catholicism better than the pope appears to. Gives me a chuckle.

Be sure to watch to the VERY END.

A blessed Easter to all!

- Josiah

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Souls are not punished," the Pope was quoted as saying in the Repubblica piece. "Those who repent obtain God's forgiveness and go among the ranks of those who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot be forgiven disappear. There is no hell - there is the disappearance of sinful souls."...

The Vatican is denying that the quotes were truthfull, that is, this was a private interview and not formal...
Not only was it not formal, but the interviewer reportedly never takes notes but instead later writes the story as he remembers it--even going so far as to put his own words in quotes as though they had been said by the person being interviewed. If that is the case here, there's no telling what the Pope actually said or meant.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Not only was it not formal, but the interviewer reportedly never takes notes but instead later writes the story as he remembers it--even going so far as to put his own words in quotes as though they had been said by the person being interviewed. If that is the case here, there's no telling what the Pope actually said or meant.
As explained in the link, plus the guy is an atheist... but yeah you're right, we will never know but that sure is a mighty bold claim coming from a well known journalist concerning the spokesman of the worldwide RC Church.
The priest in the video however makes some good points when approaching the punishment of hell as a 'choice' we make either by accepting God's love or rejecting it.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As explained in the link, plus the guy is an atheist... but yeah you're right, we will never know but that sure is a mighty bold claim coming from a well known journalist concerning the spokesman of the worldwide RC Church.
The priest in the video however makes some good points when approaching the punishment of hell as a 'choice' we make either by accepting God's love or rejecting it.
Two points (on which I agree with you):

1. The journalist in question most likely jumped at the opportunity to present the Popes view on this matter as being in accord with his own. And since he does not bother with journalistic precision, its easy to see him having shaded the Popes remarks to his own benefit.

2. The issue has a lot or grey areas built into it (for example, are people sent to hell following the immediate judgment or do they choose hell as a result of having become the people they have?). Consequently, the journalist could have simplified or summarized the Popes words incorrectly.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Two points (on which I agree with you):

1. The journalist in question most likely jumped at the opportunity to present the Popes view on this matter as being in accord with his own. And since he does not bother with journalistic precision, its easy to see him having shaded the Popes remarks to his own benefit.

2. The issue has a lot or grey areas built into it (for example, are people sent to hell following the immediate judgment or do they choose hell as a result of having become the people they have?). Consequently, the journalist could have simplified or summarized the Popes words incorrectly.
I admit that the devil sure does nag at me often -accusing me of unworthiness of Gods love and worthy of hellfire due to sin and imperfection, I can either let it torment me and give in (but thats not possible) or shut it up each time with the word "FORGIVENESS" and continue in God's grace. I assume many afflicted give in easily because all they have ever known was what a church told them, found it hypocritical, and never read the word for themselves... not everyone who says Jesus Jesus and Lord Lord will be saved for the Lord will not hear them because he never knew them, it is impossible for him to know you if you dont have the heart and eager spirit to know him and his word. They face two deaths. If its one thing the Catholic church taught me was that you must have the comforter there (peace from the Lords word) at the hour of death and I just know in my heart that these atheist that are puffed up against us will have the most rude awakening on their death bed or will simply face death with no peace or comfort... I can't begin to imagine what happens to those who die bitter without any conviction or repentance.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
"Souls are not punished," the Pope was quoted as saying in the Repubblica piece. "Those who repent obtain God's forgiveness and go among the ranks of those who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot be forgiven disappear. There is no hell - there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-43596919

-----

----
https://youtu.be/ZJvuE5de9aU

Obviously there needs to be spam protection in this forum.

In all seriousness.
This pope does not even speak English if I remember correctly.

As for the unforgivable sin.
Sure enough, utter annihilation
No pass go.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Obviously there needs to be spam protection in this forum.

In all seriousness.
This pope does not even speak English if I remember correctly.

As for the unforgivable sin.
Sure enough, utter annihilation
No pass go.
Well it was brought in as spam through mainstream media sources and no one can really clarify what secretly went on if anything did at all. An atheist willing to create such controversy towards the Pope and the Vatican and throughout all the RRC is not such a tinkering of possibility but a Christian conversation over the ordeal, which is what I assume is progressing between myself albion and Josiah. I personally have my views that agree with the priests views in that video, and that raises more topic that we can address if needed. Im sorry for presenting it in a manner that favored the journalist tho i provided a direct link for the vaticans defense to be up for discussion in general. Again I apologise for a wrong dead of presenting this account with bias overtones at first.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Well it was brought in as spam through mainstream media sources and no one can really clarify what secretly went on if anything did at all. An atheist willing to create such controversy towards the Pope and the Vatican and throughout all the RRC is not such a tinkering of possibility but a Christian conversation over the ordeal, which is what I assume is progressing between myself albion and Josiah. I personally have my views that agree with the priests views in that video, and that raises more topic that we can address if needed. Im sorry for presenting it in a manner that favored the journalist tho i provided a direct link for the vaticans defense to be up for discussion in general. Again I apologise for a wrong dead of presenting this account with bias overtones at first.

FIRSTLY
]This Forum has been very hospitable compared to most that ive visited.
And im glad to say the Namesake of Haven is very true.
And I also thank the Lord for providing such wonderful fellowship here.

As for the article;
yes,
i imagine it is merely a publicity tactic to garner readers attention in a manner indicative of people who relish controversy, in other words tempting guile by any means possible.

the papacy has yet to make any bold statements about anything concerning the realities of what mainstream media and the entertainment buisnesses have lied about.
What the psycologistic pharisee(false teachers) of today have done is try and place man as satan and God at the same time.
Disgusting,
And ive even had the unfortunate experience of finding even more blasphemies over internet forums. Some forums i will outright warn other Believers to steer clear from. The enemy isnt going to bide by the same conduct as a Christian. They will use the internet as a snare. And will even guise themselves as a christian forum.

As for the papacy(RCC), leave em be.
Because as soon as a christian lashes out at them, they will be found just as guilty.
Especially (Believers)Christians that live in western civilizations governed by a greco|roman calendar that has nothing to with the Living God of Avraham, Yisak, and Ya,akov.
As most children growing up in the US for example. They are only taught what the public school has to offer concerning what days to celebrate.
And this practice is as old as the history of mankind. Every civilization has done something similar to this.
It is the modern definition of sorcery. Lie about history on a thesis and earn a phd.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
FIRSTLY
]This Forum has been very hospitable compared to most that ive visited.
And im glad to say the Namesake of Haven is very true.
And I also thank the Lord for providing such wonderful fellowship here.

As for the article;
yes,
i imagine it is merely a publicity tactic to garner readers attention in a manner indicative of people who relish controversy, in other words tempting guile by any means possible.

the papacy has yet to make any bold statements about anything concerning the realities of what mainstream media and the entertainment buisnesses have lied about.
What the psycologistic pharisee(false teachers) of today have done is try and place man as satan and God at the same time.
Disgusting,
And ive even had the unfortunate experience of finding even more blasphemies over internet forums. Some forums i will outright warn other Believers to steer clear from. The enemy isnt going to bide by the same conduct as a Christian. They will use the internet as a snare. And will even guise themselves as a christian forum.

As for the papacy(RCC), leave em be.
Because as soon as a christian lashes out at them, they will be found just as guilty.
Especially (Believers)Christians that live in western civilizations governed by a greco|roman calendar that has nothing to with the Living God of Avraham, Yisak, and Ya,akov.
As most children growing up in the US for example. They are only taught what the public school has to offer concerning what days to celebrate.
And this practice is as old as the history of mankind. Every civilization has done something similar to this.
It is the modern definition of sorcery. Lie about history on a thesis and earn a phd.
Yup Passover began last night and most know nothing of first fruits, true sabbeth, Pentecost, Feast of tabrinacles, feast of trumpets, and so on and as far asthe signifigance in prophecy of such even less. I agree but it is not justy the scjhools but also the churchs

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Good for the Pope! I 've thought the same for decades.

Top Bottom