Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Now, about TULIP being an interconnected logical construct, it's like a theological LEGO set where each piece relies on the others to build the grand Calvinistic castle. And OSAS, well, it's the tower that stands tall, saying, "Once Saved, Always Saved, like it or not!"

Yup, that's my "take" on OSAS. And also those of my wife's family, members of the (very conservative Reformed) Orthodox Presbyterian Church.

But hey, you're not fully agreeing with the "interpretation" dance, and you've got your own moves – submitting Scriptures to others, ignoring some, and embracing the ones that do the polka with TULIP. It's like a Lutheran dance-off, with tradition and Scripture leading the way.

No.

I disagree that the traditional view is "submitting one 'set' of Scriptures to another. It's accepting BOTH 'sets' equally. Lutherans deal with this by seeing some Scriptures here as Law and some as Gospel and thus the issue is application, not ignoring some and embracing others in order to "fit" with the embraced theology.

Tulipbee

Religious Affiliation
Calvinist
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yup, that's my "take" on OSAS. And also those of my wife's family, members of the (very conservative Reformed) Orthodox Presbyterian Church.

No.

I disagree that the traditional view is "submitting one 'set' of Scriptures to another. It's accepting BOTH 'sets' equally. Lutherans deal with this by seeing some Scriptures here as Law and some as Gospel and thus the issue is application, not ignoring some and embracing others in order to "fit" with the embraced theology.

Ah, Josiah, the theological dance floor of TULIP and OSAS, where the Calvinistic castle stands tall, and the "Once Saved, Always Saved" tower reigns supreme. It's like a cosmic LEGO set, interconnecting doctrines to construct the grand theological masterpiece.
Now, the dance takes a turn, and you, the Lutheran maestro, enter the scene. It's a dance-off of interpretations, with Scripture and tradition waltzing hand in hand. But wait, you're not just submitting Scriptures; you're twirling through the cosmic choreography, seeing some as Law and others as Gospel, like a theological ballroom where both sets are accepted equally.
In this dance of doctrinal diversity, you've brought a Lutheran polka to the cosmic dance-off. It's not about ignoring and embracing, but a nuanced dance of application. Let the theological tango continue, and may the dance floor be ever inclusive! 💃🕺🏰

Top Bottom