brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Why did God chose the gentiles?
1 Timothy He wants everyone saved and:

I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation,
I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.

But through their [b]fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, [e]goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.

For [k]you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many [l]noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the [m]base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.

And chosen can simply mean chosen for a task. I saw a video from revival in a city. First the simple ppl got saved and later the smart ones with influence. God uses the ones who are like a kid or just kids to get the smart and proud ones saved too, as long as they're not too proud and evil.
God often uses kids, who easily believe in Him, to get their parents saved too.
I dont see any point you are making, just quoting a bunch of scripture which I doubt you even understand. Are you saying salvation is conditioned on something man must do ?

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
-

Last edited:

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
He chose the foolish gentiles to go back His ex. Hardly a thing to be proud about.
I still dont know what you talking about.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I gotta admit...after post 24 or so, I lost any sense of what the ______ is going on in this thread.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Better to close it. If anyone is interested, they can read the first link. He explains everything way better than me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom